• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vida Resort fees when booking through II

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
RCI still lists the resort fees at $75 per unit per week for international residents.

II is now listing the resort fee as $11 per person per day for guests 12 and older.

REQUIRED RESORT CHARGES
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Effective dates September 1st, 2016. Resort fee: USD 11 per person per day collected at check in. Not applicable for children under the age of 12.

It looks like it is being applied even if you made the reservation before the fee became applicable. For a group of 6 this would mean $420 in resort fees on top of the additional size upgrade that may be applicable though II.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Good Update

My comment -

Since II gets you into the Grand Luxxe perhaps Vidanta figures it
covers the extra cost of GL services for exchanges .

If you want to pay the RCI $ figure you can exchange into to the Grand Mayan .

<and the Grand Mayan isn't too "shabby" for an exchange >

PS - Puerto Penasco Grand Mayan is II not RCI

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The fees are listed in II for Grand Luxxe down to Mayan Palace. I did see one Sea Gardens that did not list the fees.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi tschwa2,
I only have RCI weeks and I am also a Mayan owner .

Does the fee vary by Vidanta resort brand ?

If $ 11 per day per person for any brand - That is $154' for a couple / for essential Internet and a cab ride to the resort ( unless I am missing something )

and as you said - a lot more if you have a group

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Interesting. I have a November 2016 GM reservation in NV through RCI Extra Vacations and a 2017 Thanksgiving week through II (but, that Getaway was only $359 for a 2 bedroom unit, so I am still ahead of the game compared to the cost of an exchange if you add the MF for the deposited week.) Hopefully that will change before November 2017.

rpennisi

Reaction score
I don't understand why Vidanta charges these extra fees.

Vidanta gets the purchaser's price when it sells the TS.
Vidanta gets extra $ anytime a purchaser sells their unit.
Vidanta gets the yearly maintenance fee from the purchaser whether used by themselves or a trader.
Vidanta gets the $ from meals, etc at their resorts whether you are an owner or a trader.
What difference is it to them who is using the unit, owner or trader? I don't see how it affects them one way or the other.

They should be happy that RCI, II, etc gets them bodies to fill empty units, the users who will then buy meals, activities and possibly a unit from them.
This to me is like the airlines charging all the extra fees in the past fee years, and continue to do so even as their profits rise.

I hope, especially the fees charged by II, will cause the number of exchanges to go down. That might result in this shortsighted fee gouging to stop.

I have also noticed recently, that II is charging an extra $99 if you choose a unit that is larger than the one you have deposited. That is also new.

Last edited:

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! That's $620 a week for me and I have two weeks!

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron

I "understand why VIDANTA charges these resort fees" ....one word GREED! And I just upgraded today to II Platinum! Our son is going there at the end of October. His confirmation clearly stated a $75 resort fee. How can they change the fees once a reservation is made?

blr666

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked up my confirmation certificate and it said fees can change at any time without notice.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So - Plan B for Exchangers

You will only go to a presentation - if you get a credit equal (to all but $ 75 of)
the fee.

The reason I say all but $ 75 - is that (my guess is) the " hotel side gets charged for some of the expense such as the cab fares; just as I believe the 10% off food etc ( if you go to a presentation ) comes from the "hotel" side .

The other goodies offered ( seem ) to come from a sales promo budget , which is why you can bargain those items .

I am guessing the increase fee $ is going to " corporate " -- and they want you to go to a presentation so you will buy .

START BARGAINING

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
What does one get for the $11 per person per day other than the (usual long waited for) bus ride from the airport and the spotty wifi?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this new fee only for RCI exchanges? I don't see anything has changed for exchanges through Interval. Can someone verify this?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What does one get for the $11 per person per day other than the (usual long waited for) bus ride from the airport and the spotty wifi?

in Nuevo -Feb 2016 - the wifi was good AND no longer an additional charge .
There was a " streaming " level available for a $ fee .

PV -Marina still had the everyone pays / contracted out service and there was no streaming level available . I assume it stays that way until the contract is up .

The free transportation to the resort keeps people from being signed up for the competition's TS presentations in the airport " shark tank " - so it actually is a. benefit to Vidanta that you pay for as an exchanger .

The wifi and a cab ride are probably worth the $ 75 Fee that currently comes with a RCI
exchange . However $ 154 for a couple is steep if using II to exchange
AND
Making it per person per day is like a mini AI fee .

Last edited:

blr666

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this new fee only for RCI exchanges? I don't see anything has changed for exchanges through Interval. Can someone verify this?
I checked and it is on II. If you start an exchange, it talks about resort surcharges.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This imbalance in how an exchanger is treated vs. an owner is very common among resorts. There have been several threads posted about the topic.
Not saying I agree that Vida should impose these extra fees, but just saying they're not alone in where this is headed.

Edited to add: The more I read, the more I'm ticked about this. Mostly because it seems they are indeed changing the fees after confirmations are made. Really tacky on II's part and/or Vida's part.

Last edited:

TrojanRickus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
SDO
WKV
Just noticed this in my exchange confirmation. I have the original from June (when I exchanged) and it did not have it. Maybe we should let II know how we feel about this since it might of play a role in my decision to exchange into vindata back in June. I am having a family reunion (ouch)

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who reserved before this new fee was imposed (and then get hit with the higher daily charges), I'd make a stink to II as well as the resort. They should not be making changes that affect your 'all-in' fees when you made the reservation.

TrojanRickus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
SDO
WKV
For those who reserved before this new fee was imposed (and then get hit with the higher daily charges), I'd make a stink to II as well as the resort. They should not be making changes that affect your 'all-in' fees when you made the reservation.

Completely agree!!! Thank you!!!

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just called II and made a HUGE stink......they put us on hold......came back and said they cannot do anything about it and to take it up with the resort. And we all know how that would go......( I feel so sorry for the young hard working check in employees who have to listen to this stuff and cannot do anything about it as well)......Oh well....no more exchanges or GETTAWAYS to Vidanta for us.....especially since the Canadian $$$$ is so low....this adds quite a bit more to the transaction. Staying positive......there are many wonderful resorts to go to other than Vida......:)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Plan B for me is to use my ePlus to go elsewhere. I have a 3br booked at GL, it would cost me $88 a day given the 8 people we were planning on taking. $616 plus meal plans, suddenly Mexico doesnt look like a good value.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Let's hope they bleed red on this.

maybe they'll rethink.

I was hoping for an exchange in future, but DW will not like the extra charges for 'another Mexican resort' as she calls them.

yikes.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Hi Just wondering if anyone who confirmed with the $75 per week resort fee has been to the property since the change to $11pp per day fee? I booked last January in a 1 bed at GL Rivera Maya for my family of four. Will I have to now pay $44 a day??? That's just crazy! :(

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was also curious if those who grabbed a GL via II had to pay these fees...sounds like it.

What about SFX?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Bring your confirmation which has the $75 fee and Vidanta will honor it. It's based on exchange, not stay, date. The $11/day applies to exchanges made in/after Sep. I was at GL Sep 23-30 and was charged the $75 fee since I exchanged prior to Sep. There's a separate thread on this where others have verified the same.

Hi Just wondering if anyone who confirmed with the $75 per week resort fee has been to the property since the change to $11pp per day fee? I booked last January in a 1 bed at GL Rivera Maya for my family of four. Will I have to now pay $44 a day??? That's just crazy! :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Glad to hear they will honor the $75 per night. I booked a second units as I am taking my parents and niece. I had planned to do a guest certificate for my parents. Since I am platinum with Interval there is no extra charge. Now I am wondering if that will switch the confirmation to the new fees? Thoughts? Do I need to do the guest certificate if I am traveling with them?