• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to RCI keep or run?

patricehenson

Reaction score
Just bought RCI. Should we cancel before it’s to late and why?? Help I’m nervous give me any info good or bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
One of us is confused. RCI is an exchange company. You CAN'T buy into RCI. You must buy an underlying resort week, then JOIN RCI, for which there is a (roughly) $90/yr membership fee. Then you can deposit your week into RCI and go somewhere else (for another fee).

I'm thinking you just bought a timeshare. If you know no more than you indicate, and you 'just bought' at a sales presentation, you have the right to cancel (rescind) the sale. You should do that then come back to TUG and learn so that you can be an informed user and know what you are getting in for. Buying without knowing can be a very expensive mistake.

Let's talk?

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just bought RCI. Should we cancel before it’s to late and why?? Help I’m nervous give me any info good or bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Come back. We need to talk.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone told you that you bought RCI run, don't walk away. And if that is what you took away from a sales pitch for a TS Week, my advice is the same...

George

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone posted on a bluegreen site that rci called them and wanted to buy their timeshare. I posted that is was probably a scam. All kinds of owners got on to refute me saying that rci sells timeshares. And these were people who own for years.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Whatever it is you bought- rescind immediately!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Sounds like one of those dinner scams that sell you a "plan" with 10,000 points and then allows you to buy points for whatever you want. The "Pay for what you use" scam.

Last edited: