• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New timeshare in Moab, UT

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moab, UT is one of my favorite vacation destinations.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/moonrise-near-moab-ut.246351/#post-1927196

I saw some earth moving operations next door to the Holiday Inn Express where I was staying on a recent visit. Investigating revealed it to be the much-anticipated new WorldMark resort.

There is not a timeshare in the Moab area, so this is posted in the Western States forum to reach a wider audience than the more specialized WorldMark subforum.

The resort will be conveniently located about a 5-minute drive south of the entrance to Arches NP and about a 5-minute drive north of the Moab town center. The best views are to the west, and the Colorado River canyon to the southwest in particular.

There is a large City Market grocery store in Moab, and a wide selection of restaurants.

WM Moab is sure to be the envy of other timeshare developers.

Attachments

• Project Title.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • NW view.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
  • SW view.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • WM Moab Eastview.pdf
    316.7 KB · Views: 100

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Wow! That is great! Now- after our first trip to the other side of the state this Sept., we can now look forward to going back to see the other side and have a good place to stay! I know some Worldmark owners we can rent from!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Wow! That is great! Now- after our first trip to the other side of the state this Sept., we can now look forward to going back to see the other side and have a good place to stay! I know some Worldmark owners we can rent from!

Just to warn you the cost of renting from a WMTC Owner may go up. Last September Management instituted a Guest Certificate. The cost of the Guest Certificate is $99 if done Online and $129 if done by telephone. The Rules are draconian. If there are any changes - change name of Guest, add a day, drop a day, etc then a new Guest Certificate is needed.

WMTC Owners have been keeping track of this development for about a year.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The location of this new WorldMark will definitely make it a popular resort - and I believe it's the only timeshare game in town. Moab is such a great place. With two National Parks just up the road, and several State Parks and Recreational Areas nearby, Eastern Utah will remain on my own list. I've been there several times, and will gladly visit there again.

Dave

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I sure hope the decide to dual brand the resort. Many of the new resorts have inventory in both WM and Wyn. I know I would appreciate that as Club Pass is a joke. I am glad I have it in a pinch, but I would much rather have wyndham inventory directly instead.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Just to warn you the cost of renting from a WMTC Owner may go up. Last September Management instituted a Guest Certificate. The cost of the Guest Certificate is $99 if done Online and $129 if done by telephone. The Rules are draconian. If there are any changes - change name of Guest, add a day, drop a day, etc then a new Guest Certificate is needed.

Welcome to my (Wyndham) world...:confused:

Cheers!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I bet the points needed to make a reservation here will be very high. Can't wait to get the Jeep up there. Moab wheelin is on my to do list.

Bill

https://s22.q4cdn.com/457996430/fil...-Utah-And-Expansion-In-Scottsdale-Arizona.pdf

Upon planned completion of the proposed resort in late 2020, the new Moab property is expected to feature more than 150 well-appointed condo-style units including one-, two- and three-bedroom suites for WorldMark by Wyndham owners and guests visiting the beautiful destination of Moab, Utah, gateway to two of America's most stunning national parks. The resort will also feature WorldMark Presidential suites, featuring larger two-, three-, and four-bedroom suites with enhanced amenities.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad I purchased Worldmark this year!!! I LOVE Arches NP. I wonder if any developers will ever build anything near Bryce Canyon.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Let me know when you go, Bill. I'll bring my Jeep and we can make a party of it! :)

Dave

Sounds like a plan Dave. :thumbup:

Bill

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I sure hope the decide to dual brand the resort. Many of the new resorts have inventory in both WM and Wyn. I know I would appreciate that as Club Pass is a joke. I am glad I have it in a pinch, but I would much rather have wyndham inventory directly instead.
Initial indications are it is WM only.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So glad I purchased Worldmark this year!!! I LOVE Arches NP. I wonder if any developers will ever build anything near Bryce Canyon.

Is there enough other activities near Bryce to sustain a timeshare there? My recollection is that restaurants or shopping are pretty limited, outside the Park. Bryce is amazing, but after the sun goes down - then what? (Not saying I wouldn't support a t/s there, just trying to be practical.)

Dave

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bryce is amazing, but after the sun goes down - then what? (Not saying I wouldn't support a t/s there, just trying to be practical.)
I think a cool resort would then focus its activities on things after-dark...like bonfires, storytelling, movie nights, karaoke, improv sessions, enrichment lectures, etc. You could do some fun things that would be inexpensive and relatively to organize, and family friendly.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there enough other activities near Bryce to sustain a timeshare there? My recollection is that restaurants or shopping are pretty limited, outside the Park. Bryce is amazing, but after the sun goes down - then what? (Not saying I wouldn't support a t/s there, just trying to be practical.)

Dave
You do have a point - but there is so much to do during the day - the evenings you can just relax... I have visited Bryce and the surroundings about 5 times in the last 2 decades. I just love it there. I usually go in the summer, but I visited in March last year, and it was beautiful!! Snow in the canyon. And so many nearby slot canyons and other state and national parks to visit. I get zonked out by evening, and am happy to just lay back and rest so that I am ready to experience another day of hiking...

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Dave hits on a key point... while West Yellowstone is a high demand summer reservation, it is drag on the system during the off-season. Bryce would be a little better... but of the same ilk.

Some of areas that are timeshare “deserts” are so a reason.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Dave

Capital Reef is not far from there I think.

They could have some low key activities in the evening and maybe a small convenience store and pub. People will be tired after being out all day hiking or whatever.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
From Capital Reef to Bryce Canyon it is about 115 to120 miles depending on the route. But it is small 2 lane state roads. Goggle Maps estimates 2.25 to 2.5 hours depending on the route. 4 years ago in June we used primarily state roads to go from Park City to Capital Reef to Bryce Cannon to Zion to St George. We did not drive through Bryce Canyon. We stopped along the highway in many places and in Capital Reef. It was an absolute beautiful drive but a long day. We just needed to get to St George but decided to take the scenic routes.

iowateach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a little off topic, but I have been planning a trip this fall to hit all the parks in Utah. It’s been more than ten years since I’ve been through some of them. I will be traveling alone and would appreciate suggestions for the best, relatively inexpensive places to stay. Also, is there one route better than another? In the past, I have traveled through this area on the way to some place else. This time I want to concentrate on the parks. Thanks!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
This is a little off topic, but I have been planning a trip this fall to hit all the parks in Utah. It’s been more than ten years since I’ve been through some of them. I will be traveling alone and would appreciate suggestions for the best, relatively inexpensive places to stay. Also, is there one route better than another? In the past, I have traveled through this area on the way to some place else. This time I want to concentrate on the parks. Thanks!

You have a great question, but I think your post deserves its own thread. You are talking about a wide area, and things can easily get derailed. I'd suggest you ask the Moderators to move your post. Have fun on your trip - there is MUCH to be seen. I hope you won't be in a rush. :)

Dave

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
A points timeshare in Brian Head, UT would make sense to offer less than a week stay. I think there may be one or two weeks timeshares there. Skiing in winter, only an hour from Bryce Canyon and surrounding area in the other three seasons, and close to Cedar City, UT.

Normita

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We rented a 2 BR unit at Cedar Breaks Lodge in Brian Head from an owner on VRBO. She rented us 8 nights, so they must have a points system or something similar.

Oreo2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I visited there about nine months ago and exchanged into a timeshare in St. George for a week. I then did day trips to Zion, Bryce, and my favorite Capital Reef. I wanted to also go to Goblin Canyon and Snow Canyon but didn't have time. The second week, I camped a few nights (Blanding) and went to Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley etc. In my opinion, a must see are the Antelope Slot Canyons in Page Arizona - about 160 miles from St. George, Utah. You need to make reservations ahead of time for those but are well worth it. They were the highlight of the trip - and the trip was full of highlights! Enjoy! I would love to go to that area again. You could spend days at Zion alone.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I visited there about nine months ago and exchanged into a timeshare in St. George for a week. I then did day trips to Zion, Bryce, and my favorite Capital Reef. I wanted to also go to Goblin Canyon and Snow Canyon but didn't have time. The second week, I camped a few nights (Blanding) and went to Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley etc. In my opinion, a must see are the Antelope Slot Canyons in Page Arizona - about 160 miles from St. George, Utah. You need to make reservations ahead of time for those but are well worth it. They were the highlight of the trip - and the trip was full of highlights! Enjoy! I would love to go to that area again. You could spend days at Zion alone.

Isn't Capital Reef far from St. George?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
On a good day it is about 3.5 hours from St George to Capital Reef one way. Even further if you take the scenic route.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
On a good day it is about 3.5 hours from St George to Capital Reef one way. Even further if you take the scenic route.

And you did that on one day to and from St. George? Wow! The round trip drive is a whole day affair.

How far is it then, from Springdale?