• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Orleans - Quarter House Question

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on Unit Number 327? Like bed arrangement, etc.?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything on 327 except it is a 2BR unit. I would call the front desk and ask. They have a book on the desk that has specific details on every unit number.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I own Unit 427. Unfortunately, I don't know if subjacent units are the same.

If it is, there is a hallway that runs on the left side of the unit from the door to the living area, which fronts on Rue Chartres. The first door in the hallway is to the MBR and master bath. Next door is #2 bath. Third door is to #2 BR.

Rue Chartres tends to be quiet anyway but with brick walls between the street and the two BRs, sleep is not likely to be interrupted.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

If it is, there is a hallway that runs on the left side of the unit from the door to the living area, which fronts on Rue Chartres. The first door in the hallway is to the MBR and master bath. Next door is #2 bath. Third door is to #2 BR.

Rue Chartres tends to be quiet anyway but with brick walls between the street and the two BRs, sleep is not likely to be interrupted.

Some of the units on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor in QHI have very similar or the same floor plans. I know I own 430 and 230 has the identical sq ft for each 1BR lock-off. I am not certain on X27 but someone does have 327 listed on Redweek as having 2.5 baths. That could be a mistake since I was not aware of any regular 2BR units having 3 bathrooms. Just the penthouses and a few of the lock-offs. Still possible since almost all the rooms are unique.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I finally had a minute to call QH. I recently bought 327 week 8 (flex - I don't have Mardi Gras this year). The unit has 2 bedrooms, both with king beds, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen (no oven), a washer and dryer in the unit, and as Jim said, faces Chartres. It sounds exactly like 427.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally had a minute to call QH. I recently bought 327 week 8 (flex - I don't have Mardi Gras this year). The unit has 2 bedrooms, both with king beds, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen (no oven), a washer and dryer in the unit, and as Jim said, faces Chartres. It sounds exactly like 427.

Thanks for the info. I will wager that 227 is the same. What check-in day is it?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Congrats, on your purchase.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Thanks for the info. I will wager that 227 is the same. What check-in day is it?

#427 is Saturday-Saturday

My others, 110, 221, and 310 are all Fri-Fri.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Forget what I said about Rue Chartres being quiet! They started jackhammering the street level of the Marriott garage across the street yesterday morning. Went all day and started again this morning. Yikes!

Also, from the living area, one can hear music in the taverns on the block. Very quiet in the bedrooms, however.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Forget what I said about Rue Chartres being quiet! They started jackhammering the street level of the Marriott garage across the street yesterday morning. Went all day and started again this morning. Yikes!

Also, from the living area, one can hear music in the taverns on the block. Very quiet in the bedrooms, however.
I'm curious about the smell on the street. I walked past it a couple weeks ago and due the the grimy street there was a horrible stench (all through the Quarter), but in particular when I walked by the hotel I was thinking that I was glad I wasn't staying there because I would barf whenever I stepped out front. I looked at the sign and saw it was Quarter House. I've only read great things about it on Tug and wondered if I was just there at an off time. It was really trashy and gross on the street.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive only stayed at the quarter house one time, we arrived late and had to step over drunks sleeping on the sidewalk to get to the front door with our bags. Parking was at a garage some blocks away so on the way back; more drunks and a young lady offered to "rock my world" I wont be back (at least not with my wife) love the building, but not the location. Ill stay at Avenue Plaza in the Garden District, with on site parking and as they say on the wyndham website "Crescent City Play with a Quieter Stay. Wyndham Avenue Plaza, located in the picturesque Garden District off St. Charles Avenue, keeps you close to all the New Orleans excitement but away from most of the crowds and commotion. You’ll stay in a quieter area of the city that’s convenient to the popular French Quarter"

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For sure, New Orleans has an "air" of its own! My theory is because it is literally a low spot -- the entire city is below sea level. However, sewer smells are hardly unique to New Orleans. You get the same smells in Manhattan.

To Ron's comment, I think the panhandlers are a little more aggressive than they used to be. I've never been solicited (if that's the right word) by the gals at Dixie Divas around the corner. Maybe they realize my world-rocking days are pretty much in the past!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My "world rocking days" are in my past too

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
For sure, New Orleans has an "air" of its own! My theory is because it is literally a low spot -- the entire city is below sea level. However, sewer smells are hardly unique to New Orleans. You get the same smells in Manhattan.

To Ron's comment, I think the panhandlers are a little more aggressive than they used to be. I've never been solicited (if that's the right word) by the gals at Dixie Divas around the corner. Maybe they realize my world-rocking days are pretty much in the past!

When my wife and I were there in 2013, I was coming back in the evening from a quick trip to Walgreens and was propositioned by a gal as I passed Dixie Divas. I was thinking of saying something funny like "let me check with my wife first", but just smiled and walked on by.

Greg

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you stay in the quarter, you have to expect sights and smells of the quarter. It is what it is and it isn't going to change. The parking though is on the same block around the back side. It may seem a few blocks away if traffic is backed up but it really is around the same block. I have to find alternative parking this year because my new vehicle I am pretty sure is too tall.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can you tell in advance what units have a Saturday check in date?

You just have to ask. All units are either Friday or Saturday and they do not change. The front desk once told me that all QH units were Fri and all QHI units were Sat but that is not correct. I think that perhaps all phases 1 thru 6 are Fri and all of phase 8 is Sat. Not sure on phase 7.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You just have to ask. All units are either Friday or Saturday and they do not change. The front desk once told me that all QH units were Fri and all QHI units were Sat but that is not correct. I think that perhaps all phases 1 thru 6 are Fri and all of phase 8 is Sat. Not sure on phase 7.

Thanks so much

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
For any QH buyers or sellers I would like to point out that the QH will do a full service closing for $750 all fees included. With LT Transfers it's about $600. I hadn't used QH before but I knew the option was there. My buyer felt more comfortable and I have to say it was the easiest closing ever. The manager of the QH personally handled all communication. There is nothing wrong with using LT and it saves $150 but many people don't mind paying a little extra buy going directly through the resort.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you stay in the quarter, you have to expect sights and smells of the quarter. It is what it is and it isn't going to change. The parking though is on the same block around the back side. It may seem a few blocks away if traffic is backed up but it really is around the same block. I have to find alternative parking this year because my new vehicle I am pretty sure is too tall.

It looks like I was wrong on the "same block" location of the garage. It is a couple blocks away walking like Ron mentioned. The garage is between Bourbon and Royal. Still fairly close though and birds eye it is the next block over.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The garage is pretty close if you are walking but you can't get there or back the way you would walk. Chartres is one way from Canal Street. From QH, turn right on Iberville (one way toward the river), then right on Decatur and right again on Canal. (There's a narrow street (more like an alley) between Chartres and Decatur, that runs over to Canal. NOT recommended as taxis for the Marriott tend to clog it up.)

Now it gets fun! Go up Canal Street, trying your best to avoid the two or three deep taxis and other vehicles unloading -- first at the Marriott near Decatur, then at the Crowne Plaza almost to Bourbon Street. Turn right on Bourbon Street, trying your best to even move while waiting for all the pedestrians who are totally oblivious to Walk-Don't Walk signs and everything else. If you make it, turn right again on Iberville (more zonked out pedestrians). The entrance to the parking garage is on the right, next to Dickie Brennan's Steak House. Drive as far as you can up the ramp to where it says stop. Tell the attendant you are staying at QH, give them your unit number, and they'll take it from there.

When you need the vehicle, give the parking ticket to the front desk at QH and pay $20/day. The QH front desk will put some stamps on the ticket. That's what you have to give the attendant to get your car. To get back to QH, go down Iberville, right on Decatur, right on Canal, and right on Chartres.

Somehow, QH managed to get some "loading/unloading only" signs put in about three parking spots in front of the entrance. There was also an Orleans County Sheriff out front most of the time. Antonio will help schlepp your stuff to your unit.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone have any information on Unit Number 327? Like bed arrangement, etc.?
I love the QH and own here...

This year we went on the
Cemetery Walking Tour for Two from French Quarter Phantoms from The Voodoo Lounge

This was an awesome tour. The first day we walked from QH to the Voodoo Lounge and it was about 5 blocks away, the 2nd day tour we took a cab to the Voodoo Lounge as we did not want to be exhausted from the walking tour. They have deals on Groupon all the time and I highly recommend them.