• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New (old) 2020 Points Charts are on the DVC website!

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
After all the hullabaloo over the changes to the 2020 points charts DVC has apparently decided to go back to the 2019 point chart (modulo holidays). The new 2020 charts are marked REVISED (and the file names start with FINAL).

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
All the member feedback must have made a difference. Hopefully they really take a long, hard look at everything and put their members’ interest first as they should according to the documents my family signed.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Can someone post the new revised 2020 chart? Is it exactly the same as the 2019 chart now?

I hope they go back and re-visit their resale restrictions. I can’t imagine buying into one of the new resorts if the minute I buy, it has little to no resale value.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it exactly the same as the 2019 chart now?
Theoretically yes (again modulo holidays)...though I only downloaded and compared BCV and BLT.

I hope they go back and re-visit their resale restrictions. I can’t imagine buying into one of the new resorts if the minute I buy, it has little to no resale value.
I'm pretty sure that it's too late for Riviera and probably for Reflections. My understanding is that the ground lease for DVC2 is different (admittedly second hand information at best).

The rubber will hit the road when they try to sell Riviera and two pieces of 'common wisdom' clash - "Most DVC sales are an impulse purchase by uninformed first time buyers" and "There are no uninformed buyers in the modern era of the Internet".

I can't tell you how many posts I've seen in other forums that ask, "Newbie here...don't I have to buy direct now that DVC has changed the rules?" only to be answered with many, many responses along the lines of, "No...the changes have made a direct purchase at Riviera the worst of all possible options."

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
<snip> The rubber will hit the road when they try to sell Riviera and two pieces of 'common wisdom' clash - "Most DVC sales are an impulse purchase by uninformed first time buyers" and "There are no uninformed buyers in the modern era of the Internet".

I rarely read Facebook but my DH keeps up daily, and per his readings to me and my own readings, there are plenty of uninformed DVC buyers. It makes both of us sad (which is why I rarely read there).

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Theoretically yes (again modulo holidays)...though I only downloaded and compared BCV and BLT.

I'm pretty sure that it's too late for Riviera and probably for Reflections. My understanding is that the ground lease for DVC2 is different (admittedly second hand information at best).

The rubber will hit the road when they try to sell Riviera and two pieces of 'common wisdom' clash - "Most DVC sales are an impulse purchase by uninformed first time buyers" and "There are no uninformed buyers in the modern era of the Internet".

I can't tell you how many posts I've seen in other forums that ask, "Newbie here...don't I have to buy direct now that DVC has changed the rules?" only to be answered with many, many responses along the lines of, "No...the changes have made a direct purchase (at least at Riviera) the worst of all possible options."

What are modulo holidays?

Are there any articles or threads about the change back to the 2019 point chart? How did you find out?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What are modulo holidays?
Sorry, 'modulo' means 'with respect to' or 'in reference to'...usually in mathematics or science but it can be used more generally. Holidays move and so while all the numbers in the 2020 charts are the same some of the dates vary.
Are there any articles or threads about the change back to the 2019 point chart? How did you find out?
The magic of social media. Then I went to DVC's website this morning and downloaded BLT and BCV to see for myself.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, 'modulo' means 'with respect to' or 'in reference to'...usually in mathematics or science but it can be used more generally. Holidays move and so while all the numbers in the 2020 charts are the same some of the dates vary.
The magic of social media. Then I went to DVC's website this morning and downloaded BLT and BCV to see for myself.

Funny! I thought modulo holidays might be a TUG term.

I just checked some of the DVC forums and, low and behold, they are discussing the change back. Then I checked a couple of my resorts and they say “revised” at the top. Disney should promote this change back and how they listened to customer feedback. It is a good marketing opportunity. They should make a blog post about it. Now if they will only go back to their original resale rules and keep all the new resorts in the club!

Thank you for sharing this news on TUG. It is very helpful!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I can't tell you how many posts I've seen in other forums that ask, "Newbie here...don't I have to buy direct now that DVC has changed the rules?" only to be answered with many, many responses along the lines of, "No...the changes have made a direct purchase at Riviera the worst of all possible options."

I rarely read Facebook but my DH keeps up daily, and per his readings to me and my own readings, there are plenty of uninformed DVC buyers. It makes both of us sad (which is why I rarely read there).
Not only are there plenty of uniformed buyers, including a great number who already own, the emotions of buying a timeshare, esp DVC, tend to make people turn off their brain. I've seen many posts over the years that people bought retail because they had trust in Disney or felt more comfortable. Certainly for a small difference, that's reasonable, but when it comes to thousands of dollars, no thank you. And that goes back to well before there were any changes at all and of course the first change 9 years ago was a blessing for members taking away the cash options from resale. It may be they have to become more aggressive in getting people to tour and/or during the sales process to hit their sales goals which have always been very robust and frankly the very reason that CO, HI & NYC didn't come to pass 2 decades ago when they were in the works then. Because VB & HHI sales were slower than predicted. Certainly buyers as a group are more informed than they were 20 years ago but you'd be surprised at home many buy anyway even when they have the information. And resale options will rarely come into play for a new buyer even if they know about the restrictions.

Lots of timeshare companies continue to sell, some are more aggressive than others but he ones I know well are Wyndham, DVC, Bluegreen and Marriott.