• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Marriott confirmations

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Maybe I just missed this - but have you seen the new Marriott confirmation format? If you get a guest confirmation, Marriott no longer puts the guest's name on it. They put the owner's name in 2 places, but there is no mention of a guest.

Do the published Marriott terms and conditions say anything about guest confirmations?

Marriott owners who rent their timeshares should complain before this gets set in stone!

Attachments

• marriott GC 2.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 166
  • marriott gc 1 copy.pdf
    101.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
When did you make your reservation? Today? The last reservation I made was in 4/20/2018 and the names were listed on the “Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Confirmation Receipt - Reservation” email. Granted my reservation was done with points.

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club
Hi Denise - after the owner changed the reservation or added my name on the reservation, (this happened yesterday morning) the email I got from Marriott had my name on it.. Below is what the header said.

Thanks for booking directly with us, Sherill.
New memories await.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
These look to be Marriott.com confirmations? I think the Marriott Vacation Club confirmation may be the better one to use?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Question: If the owner's name is completely removed, do they still get the stay credit?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
These look to be Marriott.com confirmations? I think the Marriott Vacation Club confirmation may be the better one to use?

When you call, how do you get the type you want?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Question: If the owner's name is completely removed, do they still get the stay credit?
It all depends if their MR number is associated with the reservation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
When you call, how do you get the one you want?
Usually when you make the reservation, you will get both. The one from Marriott Vacation Club may actually take longer than the one that Marriott.com spits out. I of course don't have experience adding a guest to a reservation except for a points reservation. When I did that, I added the guest when I made the reservation, not after.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
As stated earlier, it all depends on whose MR number is associated with the reservation. Having said that, the MR rules provide that only the person actually staying in the room can get credit.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
I just went through this yesterday when I noticed the confirmations were different this year, or actually there were two of them.

I added a Guest, but told Rep I would not be checking in. Therefore he said only the guest's name would be on the confirmation. The confirmation showed only their name, but my MR #(masked to last four digits), my MR Points Total and my Status per Denise's example.

When I called back to question the new form and my personal info being displayed he said he could drop my MR # from the confirmation and that line would disappear.
I ended up just using a PDF version and blanking out my data. Never know when I might get the points.

The above looked to be a Marriott.com formatted reservation.

I then got the MVCI notice and while it came to my email address it was 'Dear John Smith', the renter.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I am renting a 2 br Surf Club unit from someone I know that was to be used by my wife and I, my son and his girlfriend. My name was added to the reservation and I was sent a copy of this. With the confirmation and my name I was able to see the resrvation on Marriott.com. I called the platinum desk to have my MR added so it would show on my online account and had my sons name added in the notes so he could check in first if he gets there first. On line, with my MR added to the account, I can change the reservation name and I can change the primary email address. The original owner stays as a secondary email address and that can't be changed. Also it has an address in Utah that can't be changed (my friend lives in Ct.). I am guessing the Utah address that can't be changed ties this to MVCI. When I say it can't be changed, on line allows a change but you get an error upon saving it and it stays in the record. It also gives you the toll free number for customer service to call.

It turns out I couldn't go so I had my friend turn it into a 1 br and a studio so I could let my cousin who my son doesn't know well use the studio. The only one that could have done this was the original week owner. The original confirmation stayed with the 1 br and the studio got the new confirmation. Upon that change, the original owners information was added back to the confirmations. My name had to be added again by the owner to both confirmations. I started the process all over again adding my MR to both confirmations, added my sons name to one and my cousins name to the other.

Every change I made including my email as the primary, name change and MR change was sent to the owner because of the secondary email that could not be deleted. The welcome email only went to the original owner and I did not get a copy. I know because he forward it all to me.

My son will give his MR at checkin. My cousin knows to keep mine in (this plus maybe taking my son to dinner a night or two is the price he pays for a free room). I put my name in the studio notes hoping I can get any points. With the new program and being lifetime gold, nights have limited meaning unless it gets me to 75 for the year.

I let the owner (again a person I know) know what I was doing so when he got an email, he understood why. The original owner never loses control and can make any changes they want up until checkin through MVCI.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
Hello All

I don't travel much here despite my great activity, and could use some help publicizing this so if anyone can direct me how to make this a red hot topic for this forum, please advise.

I am Board President of the Owner's Association for Marriott's GRCLT Condominium Inc. You may know our resort better as the Marriott's Grand Residence Club in South Lake Tahoe, CA.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR MARRIOTT BOARD MEMBERS TO COMPLAIN TO MARRIOTT TO HAVE ALL OWNER INFORMATION REMOVED FROM CONFIRMATIONS IMMEDIATELY. I PLAN TO DISCUSS THIS WITH MARRIOTT MANAGEMENT, OUR BOARD, AS WELL AS ASSOCIATION COUNSEL IF NEEDED. If you add a guest, they can freely see all of your owner information, which while I am not an attorney, believe it to be against Privacy Laws (I plan to find out), as well as MORE IMPORTANTLY MAKE IT RIPE FOR YOUR OWNERSHIP IDENTITY THEFT!!!!!

PLEASE ONLY SPEAK ABOUT THIS TO YOUR FELLOW OWNERS, BOARD MEMBERS, AND MARRIOTT PERSONNEL. I AM HOPING THIS WAS AN OVERSIGHT AND UNINTENDED, BUT THIS IS A POTENTIAL HUGE LIABILITY FOR MARRIOTT AND IT'S OWNERS AND IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!! Also, we all should note the reservations platform is a Marriott International product licensed by Marriott Vacations Worldwide, a separate company, and MVW may very well be unaware of this issue nor responsible for the change.

PLEASE PASS THE WORD (CAREFULLY)!

Regards,

David Bier

I just went through this yesterday when I noticed the confirmations were different this year, or actually there were two of them.

I added a Guest, but told Rep I would not be checking in. Therefore he said only the guest's name would be on the confirmation. The confirmation showed only their name, but my MR #(masked to last four digits), my MR Points Total and my Status per Denise's example.

When I called back to question the new form and my personal info being displayed he said he could drop my MR # from the confirmation and that line would disappear.
I ended up just using a PDF version and blanking out my data. Never know when I might get the points.

The above looked to be a Marriott.com formatted reservation.

I then got the MVCI notice and while it came to my email address it was 'Dear John Smith', the renter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
EVEN IF YOU ADD A GUEST AND REMOVE THE OWNER'S MR#, THE ADDRESS, EMAIL, AND TELEPHONE # OF THE OWNER STILL SHOWS, IF THE PERSON HAS ACCESS TO THEIR NAME ON THE RESERVATION, CHECK IN DATE, AND CONF #! IT DOESN"T TAKE MUCH MORE INFO THAN THIS TO CALL MARRIOTT AND BE THE OWNER!!!!!

MONITOR YOUR ACCOUNTS CLOSELY IF YOU PROVIDE CONFIRMATIONS TO THIRD PARTIES!!

Regards,

David Bier, President, GRCLT Condominium Inc.

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
EVEN IF YOU ADD A GUEST AND REMOVE THE OWNER'S MR#, THE ADDRESS, EMAIL, AND TELEPHONE # OF THE OWNER STILL SHOWS, IF THE PERSON HAS ACCESS TO THEIR NAME ON THE RESERVATION, CHECK IN DATE, AND CONF #! IT DOESN"T TAKE MUCH MORE INFO THAN THIS TO CALL MARRIOTT AND BE THE OWNER!!!!!

MONITOR YOUR ACCOUNTS CLOSELY IF YOU PROVIDE CONFIRMATIONS TO THIRD PARTIES!!

THIS IS INSANE!!!

David Bier, President, GRCLT Condominium Inc.

I am very new to this but one thing I noticed when I call MVC owner services to inquire about my reservation and when I called to see if there was other availability was that nothing other than my name and phone number was required to change a reservation!! That doesn’t seem too safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am very new to this but one thing I noticed when I call MVC owner services to inquire about my reservation and when I called to see if there was other availability was that nothing other than my name and phone number was required to change a reservation!! That doesn’t seem too safe.

You can add a PIN and other security features. I just did that because a strange reservation appeared in my account.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
You can add a PIN and other security features. I just did that because a strange reservation appeared in my account.

I’ll have to look into that, thank you. I’m in the process of renting and after reading these posts, I realized I gave the renter all the info he needs to call up and say he’s me or my husband.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
This PIN is only available for Marriott Rewards accounts, NOT FOR MARRIOTT VACATIONS WORLDWIDE TIMESHARE OWNERSHIP ACCOUNTS

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
Yes. Marriott Owner Services security is very poor for phone calls. They either ask for my email or my phone number, and then they let me do what I want.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe I just missed this - but have you seen the new Marriott confirmation format? If you get a guest confirmation, Marriott no longer puts the guest's name on it. They put the owner's name in 2 places, but there is no mention of a guest.

Marriott owners who rent their timeshares should complain before this gets set in stone!

Who do we complain to and how in order to make our voices heard on this?

This isn't good for those of us that rent our units/weeks on the regular.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
So to continue the saga. We retraded our week that had been reserved to check-in this Saturday. I received a call from the resort today:
- Hi, is this David?
-Yes it is.
- Hi David I'm calling from Shadow Ridge pre-arrivals team. I'm calling about the reservation of John Smith beginning June 16 for 7 nights.
- Yes, we retraded that week interval some time back.
- Oh, ok, I didn't know if you knew them and added them to your reservation, or if you are staying with them.
- Nope, never heard of John Smith.
- I don't have any contact info for them, just yours.
- Sorry, can't help you there. Isn't the new reservation system crazy?
- Yes, it is giving us a lot of headaches.

I'll see if I get their bill when they check out. :eek:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So to continue the saga. We retraded our week that had been reserved to check-in this Saturday. I received a call from the resort today:
- Hi, is this David?
-Yes it is.
- Hi David I'm calling from Shadow Ridge pre-arrivals team. I'm calling about the reservation of John Smith beginning June 16 for 7 nights.
- Yes, we retraded that week interval some time back.
- Oh, ok, I didn't know if you knew them and added them to your reservation, or if you are staying with them.
- Nope, never heard of John Smith.
- I don't have any contact info for them, just yours.
- Sorry, can't help you there. Isn't the new reservation system crazy?
- Yes, it is giving us a lot of headaches.

I'll see if I get their bill when they check out. :eek:
I have received folios for other guests on II exchanges that we retraded.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I have received folios for other guests on II exchanges that we retraded.
I've received another guest's folio from the hotel side (I had recently stayed at the hotel). I also received other guests' reservation notifications from MVC as well. They were from two properties we retraded. After the 2nd one, I called and notified MVC. The notifications stopped after that.