• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New HPP offer

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you say "most of the owners in the morning meeting were hybrid", they were HRC owners that had already bought into HPP?

Yes... mostly older couples... and there was one younger couple that were points only that had purchased in San Antonio and traded into Pinon Pointe for the week. Hubby and I were the only legacy owners at the table who had not purchased the points bridge from legacy to HPP, where we would keep our deeded weeks, but had the option to put them into HPP on a yearly basis should we choose.

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
And another interesting conversation around the fire pt with someone who did not own Hyatt at all, but another system and traded into Hyatt through II.... during the sales meeting, they were offered a $21,000 contract and told that if they did not purchase into HPP that they would no longer be able to trade into Hyatt in II... they declined and the Hyatt sales person made them sign a waiver that they understood that by turning down HPP that they were giving up the ability to ever trade into Hyatt in II moving forward.

So.... 'fire pit' conversations have been VERY illuminating to hear all of the sales tactics :)

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
And another interesting conversation around the fire pt with someone who did not own Hyatt at all, but another system and traded into Hyatt through II.... during the sales meeting, they were offered a $21,000 contract and told that if they did not purchase into HPP that they would no longer be able to trade into Hyatt in II... they declined and the Hyatt sales person made them sign a waiver that they understood that by turning down HPP that they were giving up the ability to ever trade into Hyatt in II moving forward.

So.... 'fire pit' conversations have been VERY illuminating to hear all of the sales tactics :)
Seriously? Which resort was this?

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes... mostly older couples... and there was one younger couple that were points only that had purchased in San Antonio and traded into Pinon Pointe for the week. Hubby and I were the only legacy owners at the table who had not purchased the points bridge from legacy to HPP, where we would keep our deeded weeks, but had the option to put them into HPP on a yearly basis should we choose.

We saw lots of HRC owners, but no HPP owners at the owner update we attended in Key West a year ago. Based on numerous post mortem pool side conversations occurring over several different weeks last year and this year, the consensus was that VERY few (3) bought into HPP.

This could be a scenario that is unique to HSH due to HRPP reservations that annually run a tick over 90%.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They didn’t mention what resort system they own into...
I was actually wondering which Hyatt resort would step so low. They were pretty respectful at Pinon Pointe this time and not too pushy.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We saw lots of HRC owners, but no HPP owners at the owner update we attended in Key West a year ago. Based on numerous post mortem pool side conversations occurring over several different weeks last year and this year, the consensus was that VERY few (3) bought into HPP.

This could be a scenario that is unique to HSH due to HRPP reservations that annually run a tick over 90%.
HSH are folks who use their set week so they would be highly unlikely to need HPP. Same with Hawaii. Wish there was a way to know what the percentages were.

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
  1. When we recently decided to buy in to HPP while at WOR, the guy who notarized our paperwork had a log book of the sales for whom he had done this and I peeked while he was doing ours. It appeared he had performed this service about once per day since May 1st, which would indicate a sale rate of one a day over the first week of the month. So there are sales happening, but not at a very robust pace, given that the sales center was busy with presentations.

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe NWTRVLRS is saying this occurred at PP
Yes, we are at Pinon Point net right now.... but the couple we were speaking to owned somewhere else (not Hyatt) and traded into Hyatt via II... so during their presentation, they were told that if they did not buy into the points program, that they would no longer be able to trade into Hyatt in II... and were required to sign a waiver stating they understood what they were giving up by not buying into the PP.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a lower MF than what they quoted us by by about 150. I didn't realize that part was negotiable. [...]

That's just semantics. Maintenance Fees are not negotiable, but they add a "Club Fee" of around $149 (it's more flat fee structured but goes up to $170 if you bought 2200 HPP) - you can see the chart on an old post of mine:

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...lio-points-program.269617/page-7#post-2249812

With the "new deal" (convert as many weeks as you like by buying 660 HPP) the deal is sweetened upfront, but I still have problems with maintenance fees and the "$133 hybrid fee" a year. I only have two weeks (~5,000 HRC points) but if I had an extra week totaling 6,000 HRC points, I might be tempted where I ended up in Hyatt Elite HPP with the extra 660.

With that you would get on the upside:

A. Strong 18mo (only for two reservations/yr though!) request advantage on the HPP pool
B. Confirm specific unit/view for 25 extra points. Secretly, I kinda like this, if it actually worked in the HPP pool.

(assuming the WoH points and one-day reservation advantage wasn't a big deal for you)

Downside:

A. No resale value on those 660 point. Yuck.
B. Annual fee increase of $700/yr.
C. Hidden fee $133/yr if you choose that year to deposit HRC weeks into the HPP pool. It makes a hybrid's life hard, having to decide this on a year-to-year basis without knowing what's out there.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
We paid $20 per point or $ 13200, plus $ 238.80 closing cost, so total of $ 13438.80 for 660 points.

@dahntahn - would you mind sharing the "Exhibit B" of the Reservation Rules and Regulations, from the legal package in your purchase? That seems to cover what would happen to an owner who resold the HPP. This is from someone who shared the HPC Vacation Ownership Plan (but no Exhibit B), on page 13:

upload_2019-5-16_8-3-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-16_8-1-6.png
    upload_2019-5-16_8-1-6.png
    511.2 KB · Views: 32

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's just semantics. Maintenance Fees are not negotiable, but they add a "Club Fee" of around $149 (it's more flat fee structured but goes up to $170 if you bought 2200 HPP) - you can see the chart on an old post of mine:

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...lio-points-program.269617/page-7#post-2249812

With the "new deal" (convert as many weeks as you like by buying 660 HPP) the deal is sweetened upfront, but I still have problems with maintenance fees and the "$133 hybrid fee" a year. I only have two weeks (~5,000 HRC points) but if I had an extra week totaling 6,000 HRC points, I might be tempted where I ended up in Hyatt Elite HPP with the extra 660.

With that you would get on the upside:

A. Strong 18mo (only for two reservations/yr though!) request advantage on the HPP pool
B. Confirm specific unit/view for 25 extra points. Secretly, I kinda like this, if it actually worked in the HPP pool.

(assuming the WoH points and one-day reservation advantage wasn't a big deal for you)

Downside:

A. No resale value on those 660 point. Yuck.
B. Annual fee increase of $700/yr.
C. Hidden fee $133/yr if you choose that year to deposit HRC weeks into the HPP pool. It makes a hybrid's life hard, having to decide this on a year-to-year basis without knowing what's out there.
good points , thank you for the input. We decided against it for now as the properties we most desire are not in the PP pool and it is unclear how much it would help us get into Hawaii, Siesta or Breck. We do like Sunset Harbor once in awhile though. Right now things are working for us quite well. The other factor is the unknown with Marriott and we may need to save funds for the changes to come. My husband actually wants to get another Hyatt resale if a deal comes up but I'm thinking we sit tight and see what comes down the pike. At least that's today's thoughts lol.