• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New HGVC location in Odawara, Japan

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Believe this is the Japan resort they announced late last year. Looks like it coming online pretty quick..

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I keep watching for the new Maui resort to open (or even get started). I have never done a presentation at a Hilton before. I would do one on Maui, just to see what they are offering. I am so curious.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I keep watching for the new Maui resort to open (or even get started). I have never done a presentation at a Hilton before. I would do one on Maui, just to see what they are offering. I am so curious.

Maui is dead. It ain’t gonna happen.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
HGVC is very enthusiastic about this project. A nice hotel is already in place with luxury amenities.

Apparently this one will be more English friendly than some of the other Japan resorts currently.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Maui is dead. It ain’t gonna happen.

There is always a chance as the economy improves, they might have another investor take it. It is dead for NOW, but who still owns the land?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
There’s always a chance for anything but Maui didn’t get stuck because of a poor economy. Maui is hostile to new development and that location isn’t all that great anyway. Having guests cross a busy street to get to a windy beach doesn’t sound appealing to me.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked the Hilton in Nagoya using points. It is one of the few Hilton hotels in Japan that offer a nice room for points. It is also close to Nagoya station. We are buying a one week rail pass and plan to travel a lot while making that our base station. We booked five nights for 196,000 points. Lots of Hilton’s want 60,000 - 90,000 points a night in Japan.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Hilton Odawara has a hotel building and villas. Reading HGVC's news release, I assume that HGVC have purchased and would renovate those villas to start the operation in 2018. The hotel is close to the coastline and the rooms have great ocean views. They say that they have a plan to build ocean-front timeshare units. It should take at least three years as all of us know. The hotel has a indoor/outdoor spa pool, two tennis courts, a putting golf course, a bowling alley, etc. It takes over two hours from Tokyo and the location is not convenient. I think it is a good idea to stay a few nights for a quiet life or to have a week stay to get around in the area via rent-a-car. You can enjoy seeing nature, local living, having hot spa, visiting the national park spots, eating seafood, and much more.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/japan/hilton-odawara-resort-and-spa-TYOODHI/index.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuji-Hakone-Izu_National_Park
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g1021278-Activities-Odawara_Kanagawa_Prefecture_Kanto.html
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g790340-Activities-Izu_Shizuoka_Prefecture_Chubu.html

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I just noticed that this is a "by Hilton Club" property. This, to me anyway, doesn't seem to fit the other urban properties. There doesn't seem to be the short (<45 days) booking window (yet) for us HGVC members.