TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

New HGVC location in Odawara, Japan

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Arimaas, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

2. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club
    Looks like a good location, in the vicinity of Mt Fuji. Should attract a lot of Japanese visitors who love their Fuji-san. Summer should be a popular time.

3. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land, Marriott Destination Club Points
    Believe this is the Japan resort they announced late last year. Looks like it coming online pretty quick..

4. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Plat,RCI pts,Shell,WorldMark,OKW,SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP; Blue Ridge Village.
    I keep watching for the new Maui resort to open (or even get started). I have never done a presentation at a Hilton before. I would do one on Maui, just to see what they are offering. I am so curious.

5. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella
    Maui is dead. It ain’t gonna happen.

6. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella
    HGVC is very enthusiastic about this project. A nice hotel is already in place with luxury amenities.

Apparently this one will be more English friendly than some of the other Japan resorts currently.

7. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
    There is always a chance as the economy improves, they might have another investor take it. It is dead for NOW, but who still owns the land?

8. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella
    There’s always a chance for anything but Maui didn’t get stuck because of a poor economy. Maui is hostile to new development and that location isn’t all that great anyway. Having guests cross a busy street to get to a windy beach doesn’t sound appealing to me.

9. tompalm

tompalm TUG Member

I just booked the Hilton in Nagoya using points. It is one of the few Hilton hotels in Japan that offer a nice room for points. It is also close to Nagoya station. We are buying a one week rail pass and plan to travel a lot while making that our base station. We booked five nights for 196,000 points. Lots of Hilton’s want 60,000 - 90,000 points a night in Japan.

10. Maverick1963

Maverick1963 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Flamingo
    Hilton Odawara has a hotel building and villas. Reading HGVC's news release, I assume that HGVC have purchased and would renovate those villas to start the operation in 2018. The hotel is close to the coastline and the rooms have great ocean views. They say that they have a plan to build ocean-front timeshare units. It should take at least three years as all of us know. The hotel has a indoor/outdoor spa pool, two tennis courts, a putting golf course, a bowling alley, etc. It takes over two hours from Tokyo and the location is not convenient. I think it is a good idea to stay a few nights for a quiet life or to have a week stay to get around in the area via rent-a-car. You can enjoy seeing nature, local living, having hot spa, visiting the national park spots, eating seafood, and much more.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/japan/hilton-odawara-resort-and-spa-TYOODHI/index.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuji-Hakone-Izu_National_Park
    https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g1021278-Activities-Odawara_Kanagawa_Prefecture_Kanto.html
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g790340-Activities-Izu_Shizuoka_Prefecture_Chubu.html

11. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    I just noticed that this is a "by Hilton Club" property. This, to me anyway, doesn't seem to fit the other urban properties. There doesn't seem to be the short (<45 days) booking window (yet) for us HGVC members.