• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
since this got buried in another fun thread, ill post it separately here!

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?help/trophies

here is a list of all the current trophies. mostly these are the default ones, but i added a few more today for some of the more notable milestones one can achieve here on the forums!

Im always willing to add more if folks can think of some creative ones I missed for sure! (note it is somewhat limited to how they can be awarded...mostly posts/likes/registration date/user groups/etc...but who knows what xenforo will release in the future to allow for more trophies for more user activities!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

here is a list of all the current trophies. mostly these are the default ones, but i added a few more today for some of the more notable milestones one can achieve here on the forums!

Im always willing to add more if folks can think of some creative ones I missed for sure! (note it is somewhat limited to how they can be awarded...mostly posts/likes/registration date/user groups/etc...but who knows what xenforo will release in the future to allow for more trophies for more user activities!

Other than entertainment, what can we do with them? How about credit on the membership? <wink wink> ?

Dave

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points

Hi Brian I got an alert saying a trophy for one year anniversary. I have been registered for 5 years. Is this a yearly trophy or did you miss 4 years?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Other than entertainment, what can we do with them? How about credit on the membership? <wink wink> ?

Dave

we give membership credit/extensions for reviews!

but no, these are just fun little awards for forum participation, they dont have any actual value other than bragging rights or showing off to your friends.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Brian I got an alert saying a trophy for one year anniversary. I have been registered for 5 years. Is this a yearly trophy or did you miss 4 years?

the 1 year award is simply saying that you have been registered here for at least 365 days.

shows your registration date is april 30 2013, so at the end of the month you should also get the 5 year trophy.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
we give membership credit/extensions for reviews!

but no, these are just fun little awards for forum participation, they dont have any actual value other than bragging rights or showing off to your friends.

Party pooper. ;)

Dave

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Party pooper. ;)

Dave
Dave, Dave, Dave...clearly you have missed the most important aspect of TUGBrian’s suggestion: bragging rights . Can you imagine the reaction when you tell your friends and relatives that you have extra trophies on TUG? People are going to be in awe, stunned in amazement, ready to kowtow to your every wish and command. I’m sending out a massive group text as we speak to let everyone know!!! Wow, it’s good to be me :cheer::banana::whooopie:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats the spirit!

I fully expect TUG trophy lists to travel with you to sales presentations and timeshare vacations....or even used to update business cards or resumes!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to hand out a picture of my ten year trophy to everyone I know. I really should get a giant actual trophy made.

I'm still not on the list of notable members though, even the trophy points one... Although I do have 248, which puts me in a tie with the last person who did make that list. Must post more...

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, Dave, Dave...clearly you have missed the most important aspect of TUGBrian’s suggestion: bragging rights . Can you imagine the reaction when you tell your friends and relatives that you have extra trophies on TUG? People are going to be in awe, stunned in amazement, ready to kowtow to your every wish and command. I’m sending out a massive group text as we speak to let everyone know!!! Wow, it’s good to be me :cheer::banana::whooopie:

Well, there you go! I'm not all that for kowing or towing. My family is already convinced I'm crazy: ("What??? You're going on vacation AGAIN?????") My coworkers think I'm made of money: ("You're going to Hawaii AGAIN? Weren't you JUST THERE a few month ago???") And my dog is convinced I'm cheating on him with some bitch he's never met. ;)

I will take all the Trophy Points I can get. I'm going to save them in a mason jar under the bed, and then cash them in with my Bitcoin money. Someday. :D

Dave

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, there you go! I'm not all that for kowing or towing. My family is already convinced I'm crazy: ("What??? You're going on vacation AGAIN?????") My coworkers think I'm made of money: ("You're going to Hawaii AGAIN? Weren't you JUST THERE a few month ago???") And my dog is convinced I'm cheating on him with some bitch he's never met. ;)

I will take all the Trophy Points I can get. I'm going to save them in a mason jar under the bed, and then cash them in with my Bitcoin money. Someday. :D

Dave
You have uncovered the most vital secret of TUG trophies, Dave. They are the next crypto currency! Just think about it: like Bitcoin, they have no intrinsic value (except the psychological value others place on them), they’re full of hype, they get regular press coverage (okay, maybe I’m stretching there), and they are the envy of your friends and neighbors. Invest in TUG trophies for a huge future payday!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
TUGCOIN! i like it

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dave, just checking...what's the latest quoted price of TUGcoin?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Priceless
I want more
They just are getting harder to get
:rolleyes:
Yes, they are very scarce. As Bitcoin has plummeted, TUGcoin values have been exploding. I keep wondering when NWDave will begin publishing daily valuations, though I suppose the value is closely tied to TUGBrian's equally valuable trophy points.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im always open to suggestions, but we are limited to what we can offer for trophies automatically!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Did I win a trophy?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, just checking...what's the latest quoted price of TUGcoin?

Yes, they are very scarce. As Bitcoin has plummeted, TUGcoin values have been exploding. I keep wondering when NWDave will begin publishing daily valuations, though I suppose the value is closely tied to TUGBrian's equally valuable trophy points.

Tugcoin isn’t exploding so much as it is piling up. And you know what happens to deep piles of things. People keep stepping in it, kicking it, getting it caught in the tread of their shoes... And its slick stuff! I’ve heard it’s coated in timeshare salesman rhetoric. That accounts for the odor...

Dave

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
lol...thats a good idea

1 point for "just being here" =D

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many trophy points will you achieve, when hit that magical 10,000 posts mark? LOL:doh:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm...doesnt appear to be one just for post count. ill go in and make some of those.

there is one for 10k posts and 5k likes combined

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, added a few more and changed some numbers around to more accurately reflect the accomplishments!