TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

new disney resort incoming?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club - DVC' started by TUGBrian, Oct 19, 2018.

1. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. brianfox

brianfox TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Ko Olina x2
    Marriott Waiohai x3
    TUGBrian likes this.
  3. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    MVC, DVC, WKOVRN, FSA, MKO
    This sounds great! I must say I did not expect to love the Disney resorts. Even now, I keep poo-pooing them intellectually - but not emotionally. The kid in me gets excited when she sees Mickey, Minney, Pluto, Donald and the rest of her friends. So far, my top favorite resort experiences outside of Tahiti and St John are Animal Kingdom and Aulani.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    chalee94 and TUGBrian like this.
  4. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

thanks! i added that to the OP!

5. amycurl

amycurl TUG Member

I hope they pay some kind of tribute to River Country USA within the resort. But, quite frankly, I'm surprised they've left that piece of choice property abandoned for so long now.

TravelTime likes this.
  6. Lisa P

Lisa P TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Club Wyndham Points
    The article says this resort will be "nature themed" but the concept art does not look particularly "nature" inspired or themed. :shrug: I'll like to see how they incorporate features to make it so. We've always enjoyed walking or biking between resorts which are located close to one another....
    OKW & SSR.... BWV & Y&BC.... POFQ & POR.... Pop & AoA.... WL & FWCampground.

This is our favorite area of WDW - serene Bay Lake. It'll be nice to visit this new resort and its restaurants over there, once it's open. Hope they'll add more boats :thumbup: to the route to accommodate more guests in that area too.

TravelTime likes this.
  7. AnnaS

AnnaS TUG Member

Always looking forward to staying at a new DVC resort. Not sure we need any new ones.......

8. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I think we “need” more DVC resorts around the world outside of Orlando. I love Aulani’s theming and integration with Hawaii. It is one of the best resorts in Hawaii for this reason.

ljmiii likes this.
  9. simpsontruckdriver

simpsontruckdriver Guest

That is one of the downsides of DVC... other timeshare companies like Wyndham and Hyatt have more locations worldwide, and the issues with RCI (owned by Wyndham) being expensive to trade into. On the other hand, if you own at DVC, I'll bet RCI cheers when someone deposits DVC, because they know it is taken within an hour.

Like the movie "Field Of Dreams", the whisper was "If you build it, they will come". Wherever DVC decides to build a resort, everyone will want to go. If DVC bought 400 acres of American or Saharan desert and built a resort, they would have visitors. If they built one on Antarctica, people would pay good money to go.

TS

10. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    DVC should build a KID-FREE resort ... ;), ;).

added ... while the above is a tongue-in-cheek comment, Disney does try to capture the adult market with high end dining, evening entertainment and very nice units. Just think about the market for the Disney Cruises ... Hawaii is not "Mouse-land".

Disney may be looking at the number of professional single (never married) persons, alternative life-style couples, empty-nest couples and families or with adult self-supporting children ... Truth is, there are fewer families with kids and fewer kids in each family now than in October, 1971 when WDW opened.... but way more households without children.

I took my 12yo nephew to WDW 6+ years ago. Just the 2 of us for a January week. Mentioning Walt Disney World to him always brings a REALLY BIG GRIN to his face even years later. And he refused to go to WDW with his Mom just 2 months after his trip with me ... "I only go to Walt Disney World with Aunt Linda!". His mother was just CRUSHED ... she never expected that answer and he was adament in that position.

PS I am NOT a Disney nut ... but many of my college classmates got paid to marched in the Opening Parade broadcast on the "Wonderful World of Disney" that Sunday night. I attended college about an hour north of Orlando ... these college students got paid in "admission tickets". And the tickets got converted into cash by selling them to other classmates ... $5 for the "All E-Ticket" books .. .a little more than a movie ticket & popcorn, but YOU needed to have access to a car to get to the Magic Kingdom.

Oh, yeah .. no I-4. No tram-cars from the parking lot (singular parking lot); arial trams existed as did the railroad train. And there were WAY FEWER GIFT SHOPS!

But the Haunted Mansion today is updated with newer technology, is no longer a standalone attraction and the trees DID get a LOT BIGGER. There was almost NOTHING around the Haunted Mansion back then.

Oh .. I have the pictures my Dad took to prove it. I must have visited Disney 8+ times that college year of late Oct 1971- thru May 1972 with my fellow college classmates.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 4:27 PM
    TheHolleys87 likes this.
  11. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    We own at 5 DVC home resorts and we do not have kids.

12. Dean

Dean TUG Member

I don't think it'd fit in to their plan/system and I doubt they'd have much luck selling an adult only resort given theirs demographics. There are very few adult only timeshare resorts.