• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

new disney resort incoming?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This sounds great! I must say I did not expect to love the Disney resorts. Even now, I keep poo-pooing them intellectually - but not emotionally. The kid in me gets excited when she sees Mickey, Minney, Pluto, Donald and the rest of her friends. So far, my top favorite resort experiences outside of Tahiti and St John are Animal Kingdom and Aulani.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope they pay some kind of tribute to River Country USA within the resort. But, quite frankly, I'm surprised they've left that piece of choice property abandoned for so long now.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
The article says this resort will be "nature themed" but the concept art does not look particularly "nature" inspired or themed. :shrug: I'll like to see how they incorporate features to make it so. We've always enjoyed walking or biking between resorts which are located close to one another....
OKW & SSR.... BWV & Y&BC.... POFQ & POR.... Pop & AoA.... WL & FWCampground.

This is our favorite area of WDW - serene Bay Lake. It'll be nice to visit this new resort and its restaurants over there, once it's open. Hope they'll add more boats :thumbup: to the route to accommodate more guests in that area too.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always looking forward to staying at a new DVC resort. Not sure we need any new ones.......

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I think we “need” more DVC resorts around the world outside of Orlando. I love Aulani’s theming and integration with Hawaii. It is one of the best resorts in Hawaii for this reason.

Reaction score
That is one of the downsides of DVC... other timeshare companies like Wyndham and Hyatt have more locations worldwide, and the issues with RCI (owned by Wyndham) being expensive to trade into. On the other hand, if you own at DVC, I'll bet RCI cheers when someone deposits DVC, because they know it is taken within an hour.

Like the movie "Field Of Dreams", the whisper was "If you build it, they will come". Wherever DVC decides to build a resort, everyone will want to go. If DVC bought 400 acres of American or Saharan desert and built a resort, they would have visitors. If they built one on Antarctica, people would pay good money to go.

TS

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC should build a KID-FREE resort ... ;), ;).

added ... while the above is a tongue-in-cheek comment, Disney does try to capture the adult market with high end dining, evening entertainment and very nice units. Just think about the market for the Disney Cruises ... Hawaii is not "Mouse-land".

Disney may be looking at the number of professional single (never married) persons, alternative life-style couples, empty-nest couples and families or with adult self-supporting children ... Truth is, there are fewer families with kids and fewer kids in each family now than in October, 1971 when WDW opened.... but way more households without children.

I took my 12yo nephew to WDW 6+ years ago. Just the 2 of us for a January week. Mentioning Walt Disney World to him always brings a REALLY BIG GRIN to his face even years later. And he refused to go to WDW with his Mom just 2 months after his trip with me ... "I only go to Walt Disney World with Aunt Linda!". His mother was just CRUSHED ... she never expected that answer and he was adament in that position.

PS I am NOT a Disney nut ... but many of my college classmates got paid to marched in the Opening Parade broadcast on the "Wonderful World of Disney" that Sunday night. I attended college about an hour north of Orlando ... these college students got paid in "admission tickets". And the tickets got converted into cash by selling them to other classmates ... $5 for the "All E-Ticket" books .. .a little more than a movie ticket & popcorn, but YOU needed to have access to a car to get to the Magic Kingdom.

Oh, yeah .. no I-4. No tram-cars from the parking lot (singular parking lot); arial trams existed as did the railroad train. And there were WAY FEWER GIFT SHOPS!

But the Haunted Mansion today is updated with newer technology, is no longer a standalone attraction and the trees DID get a LOT BIGGER. There was almost NOTHING around the Haunted Mansion back then.

Oh .. I have the pictures my Dad took to prove it. I must have visited Disney 8+ times that college year of late Oct 1971- thru May 1972 with my fellow college classmates.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We own at 5 DVC home resorts and we do not have kids.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC should build a KID-FREE resort ...
I don't think it'd fit in to their plan/system and I doubt they'd have much luck selling an adult only resort given theirs demographics. There are very few adult only timeshare resorts.