• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New 2018 Marriott/SPG credit cards - Deadlines AMEX 8/25/18 and VISA 12/31/18

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
I called Chase on Friday, the 13th. I was told the 100K point offer was no longer available for new card member requests. The woman I spoke with said it expired the day before, on the 12th. The odd thing is, she did not know what the new offer was. The reason I called is because I wanted to find out what date I would be getting my 2018 allotment of 15 nights. So my plan is to wait for that date, which is in October. Then I will cancel my existing card, wait a week, as recommended, and then apply for the new card. I hope the incentive is worth it by then.

I also asked what my upgrade offer would be, if I did that now. She said only 10K points. She said the marketing department sets those perks based on their own criteria.

jeepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Chase on Friday, the 13th. I was told the 100K point offer was no longer available for new card member requests. The woman I spoke with said it expired the day before, on the 12th. The odd thing is, she did not know what the new offer was. The reason I called is because I wanted to find out what date I would be getting my 2018 allotment of 15 nights. So my plan is to wait for that date, which is in October. Then I will cancel my existing card, wait a week, as recommended, and then apply for the new card. I hope the incentive is worth it by then.

I also asked what my upgrade offer would be, if I did that now. She said only 10K points. She said the marketing department sets those perks based on their own criteria.
After logging out from my Marriott.com account yesterday, then logging back in today, I am being shown a 75,000 point offer with $3,000 Spend in 3 months. Can’t do it because I still have the old Marriott card, won’t cancel that and then use up a valuable 5/24 slot for this deal. Ymmv. Cheers.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my new card notice today so it looks like I'll get the 100k points. When I applied it said "You will receive notice by mail" so I was concerned that I might get rejected for some reason but all looks good. Now I have to spend some cash which will be easy and await my 100k points. That will be a nice score when they hit.

Anyone get their 100k points yet?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh....procrastination may have bit me in the behind.
Both Chase and Marriott sites are already reporting the 75K points bonus.

I used a link from an email that said 100K good until today. Got the old, we need to review your request on the online application.

Time will tell.....

Update - on May 27th I cancelled my Chase Marriott Card. I then remembered I was an Authorized user on DHs card. I cancelled that in very early July. Applied for new card on the 12th - just received the denial notice in the mail. Reason noted is I already have an existing card ending in XXXX (which way my card cancelled on 5/27).

Ugh...looks like I need to call Chase today and point out that card had been closed and I applied on the 12th so if they reconsider I'm looking for the 100K points. This is going to be fun.

Update - called Chase, they sent me to their lending team. Lending team states my old account still had a balance (less than $100) so that is the reason. Payment is due in a few days which I will pay in full and have to reapply. As for the 100K - that will be a conversation to have with them once I get the new card.

Lesson: If you plan on closing and reapplying - make sure old card is paid in full.

Last edited:

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
Does buying a Marriott gift card count towards the $5000 spend in order to receive the 100,000 bonus points on the new and improved credit card from Chase?

billhall

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just crossed the $5000 mark the other day. We'll see when the points post.

The points should post 2-3days after your bill is cut that includes going over $5k.

I changed my wife's new card to be due on the 12th (changed from the 28th) to make sure we made it. July/12 payment did not include the new card. The new charges are closed 2-3 days after your payment is due (last month). So our new bill was cut 7/15 and the points showed up in her account by the morning of 7/16. So in this case, it was the morning of the next day after the new bill was cut.

Marriott points are causing me to throw away my month's grace on paying the card since I didn't want to take a chance on missing 8/1 ;-)

billhall

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The points should post 2-3days after your bill is cut that includes going over $5k.

I changed my wife's new card to be due on the 12th (changed from the 28th) to make sure we made it. July/12 payment did not include the new card. The new charges are closed 2-3 days after your payment is due (last month). So our new bill was cut 7/15 and the points showed up in her account by the morning of 7/16. So in this case, it was the morning of the next day after the new bill was cut.

Marriott points are causing me to throw away my month's grace on paying the card since I didn't want to take a chance on missing 8/1 ;-)

I screwed up 1 thing. The points were in her Marriott account on 7/17. (7/16 was a verification on the Chase stmt of how many points were sent to Marriott.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
confirming that under old card with cat 1-5 certificate, after 8/1/18 I just get 25K points or make a reservation prior to 8/1 for cat 5?

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received information from Chase regarding whether Maintenance fees payments will earn 6 points with the new card, and continue to earn 5 points for current card? I would like to upgrade but want to confirm this issue, and whether I will receive my 1 night certificate this year that I typically receive in October.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received information from Chase regarding whether Maintenance fees payments will earn 6 points with the new card, and continue to earn 5 points for current card? I would like to upgrade but want to confirm this issue, and whether I will receive my 1 night certificate this year that I typically receive in October.
It does give 6X, we just did it with the new Marriott card and the points have been posted. Old card is still 5X as we also just did that.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
It does give 6X, we just did it with the new Marriott card and the points have been posted. Old card is still 5X as we also just did that.

On MF payments? I tried to see if I could pay mine with the new card but when I log in they are not letting me do it yet. Do you have points with a use year that is not January through December that MFs came due in the middle of the year?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On MF payments? I tried to see if I could pay mine with the new card but when I log in they are not letting me do it yet. Do you have points with a use year that is not January through December that MFs came due in the middle of the year?
You can just go in to pre-pay any amount you want. Mine all has Jan as anniversary date. Put in whatever amount you want under "Additional Payment" box.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
YOu can prepay your 2019 MFs at any time. Just click on the Make a Payment button in the "Maintenance Fees/Club Dues" section.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Do you have points with a use year that is not January through December that MFs came due in the middle of the year?
FYI.... DC Trust point MF's are all due at the same time, regardless of Use Year start/end dates.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI.... DC Trust point MF's are all due at the same time, regardless of Use Year start/end dates.

That's what I thought, but the prepayment of fees was throwing me off.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can just go in to pre-pay any amount you want. Mine all has Jan as anniversary date. Put in whatever amount you want under "Additional Payment" box.

I did not know that. Thanks.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
You can prepay your 2019 MFs at any time. Just click on the Make a Payment button in the "Maintenance Fees/Club Dues" section.

That's a good tip and will help me get closer to hitting the minimum spending requirement on my new Chase Marriott card.

When I visited the MVC website, it shows that zero is due to be paid. If I understand, you're saying to just enter a number in the additional payment box in order to pre-pay. So, for example, I could just enter a number similar to last year's MF. Am I understanding that right?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid up almost all MF for next year to get my 1 night for every 3K spending on the old Marriott card so that I get to my Lifetime Gold -> Platinum at year end. When my husband got his new Marriott Visa card and we pre-paid even more MF on his card to get his $5K spending.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a good tip and will help me get closer to hitting the minimum spending requirement on my new Chase Marriott card.

When I visited the MVC website, it shows that zero is due to be paid. If I understand, you're saying to just enter a number in the additional payment box in order to pre-pay. So, for example, I could just enter a number similar to last year's MF. Am I understanding that right?
Yes. Just enter last year's number in.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Yes, and when you get your actual bill for next year, it will show the credit of what is already paid.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What if the MFs go down? :rolleyes:
I get issued a credit that gets applied to the following year. It actually has happened to me twice already when I overpaid the MF for the following year. It was freaky because I own 2 weeks at DSV I but the pre-payment does not tell me which one I am paying for as it was a lump sum. Then I could not find the bill, until you told me how to look for it in the system several months ago. So when I paid the actual bill, I overpaid one of them. Same thing happened to me when I first bought the weeks through Marriott Resales, First American Title messed up big time, when it was finally fixed, 2 MF got applied to 1 week and I paid another one.