• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New ad campaign by Timeshare Exit Team

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There must be a good market for suckers, re, sellers of timeshares, willing to pay large amounts of money for failure.
They have recently been advertising quite a bit on cable news networks.

I hope folks who are tempted to contact them do some research. As the joke goes, "What do do timeshare salespeople do once they quit that? They go into the timeshare resale business."

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
they are making tens of millions of dollars of owners every year... its quite depressing.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an old saying, apparently true for all eternity, that "A fool and his money are soon parted". :rolleyes:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
There must be a good market for suckers, re, sellers of timeshares, willing to pay large amounts of money for failure.
They have recently been advertising quite a bit on cable news networks.

I hope folks who are tempted to contact them do some research. As the joke goes, "What do do timeshare salespeople do once they quit that? They go into the timeshare resale business."
What I find interesting is that no one has definitively established what TET does, or promises, etc. Lots of conjecture that they are an upfront scam type company, and lots of guesses about what they probably do, but no concrete evidence.

I'm not defending them, just curious what they actually do, costs, etc.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Basically, the charge 4-6 grand up front after listening to "your case."

Then they bombard the HOA and/or developer with a bunch of threatening legal letters.

The new commercials are much different than the old ones.

Now it's sympathetic appeal with "owners" talking about how much they loved and used their timeshare over the last 20 but their life has changed and they don't want it anymore. Maybe that's a result of some of the lawsuits filed against them by developers.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you can easily call their number and claim to want to be out of your timeshare and establish within a very short time what their business model is. its not a secret or anything.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
you can easily call their number and claim to want to be out of your timeshare and establish within a very short time what their business model is. its not a secret or anything.
I've now read their Yelp reviews and their "guarantee." You don't get your money back if you get out of your timeshare by any means, or if you turn down any offer by the resort to take it back. So, if it is foreclosed on, or if the resort offers to take it back for $10,000 and you decline, NO REFUND. Quite a guarantee. :eek:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i was just frustrated to hear reports of how successful many DRI and Wydham/worldmark owners were at using their program to exit their fully paid off ownership's...for a staggering amount of money.