• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New 2018 Marriott/SPG credit cards - Deadlines AMEX 8/25/18 and VISA 12/31/18

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the fine print.

Offer valid only at participating Marriott® brands in the U.S and U.S. territories, including: JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites® and Moxy® Hotels. Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Mobile App or by calling Marriott Worldwide Reservations (888-236-2427). Excludes the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection, W® Hotels, Bulgari®, Sheraton®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Design Hotels™, Tribute Portfolio®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Protea Hotels®, Aloft®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Element® and Vistana™. Excludes all timeshares, residences, travel packages, and retail store purchases. Offer not valid at international locations outside the U.S and U.S. territories. Excludes gift card purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.

I have searched the terms and I can’t find this language. Can you pinpoint where you found this? I can’t find this language for the $300 or for the 100K bonus. Thanks.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have searched the terms and I can’t find this language. Can you pinpoint where you found this? I can’t find this language for the $300 or for the 100K bonus. Thanks.

I already have the Luxury card. This is an additional offer for a $60 credit for existing card holders. American Express consistently provides statement credit offers when you have their cards. For instance, I have an offer for a $10 credit if I spend $50 at Anthony's Coal Fire as well. I have about 50 offers. Once in a while I use them.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope the $300 gets rebated back for paying our maintenence fees. Anyone have expeeience yet that we get the $300 rebate for paying mf? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I just received a $150 credit (the amount I charged as a test) on the SPG Luxury card for our Vistana Villages maintenance fees. I paid the fee a few days ago.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I just received a $150 credit (the amount I charged as a test) on the SPG Luxury card for our Vistana Villages maintenance fees. I paid the fee a few days ago.
Thats great thanks for the confirmation. Makes wife and i getting the luxury card a great value. $130 for a 50k hotel stay a good value (minus the $20 a year global entry rebate).

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got the $300 credit for Marriott maintenance fees too. I'm glad, because I was not going to keep the luxury card if I couldn't use the credit for maintenance fees.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a $300 credit from MVCI for my prepaid fees. I then tried prepaying next years maintenance fees and got another credit back. Are they not allowing this anymore.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a $300 credit from MVCI for my prepaid fees. I then tried prepaying next years maintenance fees and got another credit back. Are they not allowing this anymore.
It is $300 per year to offset the card fees. You won't get more than $300 per year.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
They debited back $3,000, the total amount I prepaid. They are not letting me prepay.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
The Canadian Amex SPG card is hard to use in Canada...parking lots, convenience stores, and more only accept visa or MC cards. I miss my Marriott Visa card. When Chase pulled out of Canada Marriott should have gone with Scotiabank or Home Trust Visa cards...and they don't charge a currency change fee of 2% like Amex SPG does.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess they are not letting you prepay 2020 fees quite yet.

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
I just received almost 3000 reward points under Premierplus nonmarriott spen.
Not sure exactly what that is???

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I just received almost 3000 reward points under Premierplus nonmarriott spen.
Not sure exactly what that is???
That would be points earned via non-Marriott related charges to your Marriott credit card.

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
Lol. Of course ‍♂️
I just didn’t think I had already spent $1500 so fast. Thanks.