TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

New 2018 Club Rules and Fees has been released.

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by GT75, Jan 1, 2018.

1. jestme

jestme Guest

Maybe they have noticed that the Open Season revenue has down considerably since they raised the rates to the currently ridiculous high level so they are hoping to grab back more of that cash by making the season longer? Reducing the rate would probably make the Open Season more usable and actually increase their revenue. Making the room prices consistant (like they used to be) would also be nice. Now, with all the new room categories, the re-classification of rooms at Open Season time, it is always a mystery to find out how much you will pay for a night, then they add about 14% for "taxes" to that. For example, I own at the Kalia, and when I use points, it is a "Studio", but during Open Season, it gets re-classified as a "Studio Plus", with a higher dollar rate than a studio. .

2. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

+1 @Mosescan Agree that open season rates are not a great deal anymore. We can usually find better rates at hotels using hotel points and cash, or credit card anniversary free nights (Hilton/IHG/Hyatt) for short personal stays e.g. we recently used a free night and points for a weekend at the Waldorf Beverly Hills which runs $800/night - it was very nice to receive a bill for $0! In addition, we can make points reservations at hotels months in advance rather than gambling room availability at the last minute.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  3. CalGalTraveler

If this hasn't already been posted in the stickys here is a pamphlet from the HGVC website that provides more details on Hilton Club Ownership rules (based on 2017 rules).

The pamphlet indicates that Residences and District Owners can make 60 day reservations at each property when they are a non-owner, but must wait until 44 days prior to checkout to book West 57th (same as club). This means that W57 owners enjoy a longer Home Resort Priority Window so owners are able to secure more close-in reservations (9 mo. to 45 days), but don't have early 60 day access to Residences or DC. Open Season for Owners at Res and DC starts at 30 days prior to checkout which is more reasonable, W57 15 days - but given the discussion, Open Season doesn't matter much anymore because it is not a bargain.

Attached Files:

4. alwysonvac

alwysonvac Sighting Expert TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark,
    HGVC (Oahu & Vegas),
    VISTANA Mandatory (Orlando & Scottsdale)

Bought and sold several over the years including Disney & Four Seasons
    When I read it, I immediately thought of #3 for January and February in NY & DC.

5. jestme

jestme Guest

My reading of those is, if HGVC members can book for guests, then fewer actual HGVC members will have access to those rooms, especially if the member doesn't have to be present for their guests to check in. Also, there will be "room brokers" who will buy 1 unit (probably resale), then rent out 100 rooms from open season. Also, if HGVC members are also going to have to compete against the general public on HILTON.COM for Open Season, we lose even more availability again.
    I hope I'm reading it all wrong.

6. Mosescan

Mosescan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
    I read it an non Hilton Club...I.e. Hilton Grand Vacation Club members may be able to use open season instead of just using points in the 45 day window.

7. CalGalTraveler

Although logical to extend Hilton Club Open Season to rest of HGVC, it appears at odds with the Hilton Club Handbook that I just posted i.e.

upload_2018-3-12_13-6-17.png

Perhaps they intend to offer Open Season only to other Hilton Club owners to increase HGVC incentive to buy/upgrade to urban properties as they expand this program? i.e. W57 owners can buy open season at Residences or District and visa versa?

I read somewhere that 55% of timeshare developer sales are to people who already own timeshares.