TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

New 2018 Club Rules and Fees has been released.

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by GT75, Jan 1, 2018.

1. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    Just for giggles, I am also posting a copy of the 2015 HGVC Season Chart I found as well, which included the Club Intrawest resorts that we no longer have access to. Enjoy!

Kurt

Attached Files:

CanuckTravlr likes this.
  2. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    So it does look like HGVC changed weeks 36-39 at both Seawatch on the Beach (Ft. Myers Beach) and Plantation Beach Club (Hutchinson Island) from Bronze to Silver sometime between 2004 and 2015. Very interesting. I believe most of those FL affiliates have "float weeks" that float between seasons (i.e., not just a Silver float, or a Gold float), but instead a "summer/fall float".

Kurt

3. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

The chart for 2015 (and I know as I've booked one last year) is listed as "mixed bronze/silver".
    1 BR weeks 5-8, are 2400 points for Flamingo and Paradise.

Not sure why the color-coding indicates a "mix", very odd.

I guess that would be silver then?
    But the "new" chart (it's not really a chart to be honest) is a bit more clear as to what week is what and how many points.

4. CanuckTravlr

CanuckTravlr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Ocean 22
    Thanks for the 2015 chart...I didn't keep mine. Biggest differences are obviously the removal of the Club Intrawest resorts and the addition of the new locations in New York, DC, South Carolina and Hawaii. But the weeks for the resorts listed in both charts appear unchanged.

Without trying to be overly nit-picky, I am not sure why you don't really consider it a chart. If you are referring to a chart in the nautical map sense, then you are correct. But the definition of chart in the Oxford English Dictionary also refers to a chart as a "sheet of tabulated information", which it certainly is. Perhaps American and British/Canadian definitions are different?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018 at 4:46 PM
  5. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

The tabulated thingy (ie: spreadsheet format) is what I consider a chart.

A page that lists "seasons" and the weeks below it with numbers (and you have to scroll through a bunch of different pages in the PDF for the 2018 Club rules) I don't really consider a chart. But it's probably symantics.

But I will admit the new method is much easier on the eyes. LOL!
    Especially as I'm getting old and senile and probably need reading glasses (my Monovision is not quite to my liking, so I'll probably get my other eye fixed).

6. CanuckTravlr

CanuckTravlr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Ocean 22
    Hey hurnik, now I am really confused!?!

First, are we even referring to the same document? I am talking primarily about the "Club Affiliated Resort Seasons" chart, similar to the 2015 version attached to Post #26 by PigsDad. There is also the "Vacation Planning Calendar". You seem to be referring to the Club Rules document. Both the charts i am referring to are stand-alone documents on the website, so not sure why you have to scroll through a bunch of different pages? Also, both definitely qualify as charts.

As you say, it may just be semantics and we may have to just respectfully disagree. IMO your definition of a chart is too narrow...at least according to the dictionary as I understand it...no offence intended! To put it simply, a spreadsheet is always a chart, but a chart may not always be a spreadsheet.

A "spreadsheet" is a relatively modern word that generally refers to a tabular document that can be digitally manipulated on a computer. It is also technically a subset of the older, more general concept of a chart or ledger. A chart has a broader definition. It is any type of document that compiles information, whether numbers or other information, in a tabular format (i.e. in a column and row format). Funnily enough my 1964 edition of The Concise Oxford Dictionary does not even have the word "spreadsheet" in it (LOL)!!! That term would not show up in general usage for almost another 20 years.

So you are certainly welcome to use whatever term you choose, but don't say a chart is not a chart, just because it is not a numbers-orientated spreadsheet.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018 at 6:01 PM
  7. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

The original "chart" I have is the 2015 Club Affiliated Resort Seasons.
    The 2018 (and earlier) Planning Calendar just lists the "week" numbers and is useless in terms of a point/season chart (just gives you 3 years and what week #1 is for like 2018, 2019 and 2020).
    Page 14-27 in the 2018 Club Rules Reference (let's see that's 13 pages you have to scroll through).

Now we're getting nit-picky so I'm done.

8. JIMinNC

JIMinNC TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Barony Beach Club, HHI
    Marriott Destination Club Points
    Got this newsletter by email this AM

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.17.35 PM.png

The estoppel on our pending purchase at HGVC Sea World (from another broker) was issued on 12/18/2017, so our activation fee is listed as $560, and based on this, should be honored even though our closing/activation will take place in 2018.

9. eabishop2

eabishop2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, Mazatlan
    Tahiti Village, Las Vegas
    I received the same e-mail and I'm also in the process of closing an HGVC sale. My estoppel is dated 12/31/2017! Talk about sneaking in under the wire!

10. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Has anyone tracked (just for a general idea of average rate of increases) of the fees (reservation fees, guest cert fees, etc.)?

I don't have any of my old books and stuff, so I'm just curious.
    I know my MF on average are like 2-4% increases.

I vaguely recall some of this was tracked when Hilton tried last year (?) to increase one of the fees or something (I think the booking fee?)
    But I may be mis-remembering.

11. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark, Vistana, Disney, Hilton
    Here's what I posted in 2014 for the TUG Advice page

[​IMG]

Column Headings
    Club Due (Domestic)
    Club Due (International)
    HGVC Changeable Reservation Fee (via Online)
    HGVC Changeable Reservation Fee (via Phone)
    Point Stretching Fee (via Online)
    Point Stretching Fee (via Phone)
    Guest Confirmation Fee
    RCI Reservation Fee (via Online)
    RCI Reservation Fee (via Phone)​

hurnik likes this.
  12. Cropman

Cropman TUG Member

Hyatt increased the point value of some, mainly Key West, properties but did not decrease the point values of any properties. If by “decreasing the value of other weeks” you meant it was now harder to trade into those properties due to the higher point requirements, you are correct. But no properties saw their points go down.

13. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin & Eagles Nest, Sunrise Bay, Hideaway Sands, Voyager, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan, Blue Ridge Village
    Yes meant now thet do not have enough points to trade into properties that their points would allow them to trade into before because some other weeks increased in point value.

14. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Wowza, they've sure gone up.

15. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    I am working on update for the TUG Advice page

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 5.31.58 AM.png

Column Headings
    Club Due (Domestic)
    Club Due (International)
    HGVC Changeable Reservation Fee (via Online)
    HGVC Changeable Reservation Fee (via Phone)
    Point Stretching Fee (via Online)
    Point Stretching Fee (via Phone)
    Guest Confirmation Fee
    RCI Reservation Fee (via Online)
    RCI Reservation Fee (via Phone)

alwysonvac and hurnik like this.
  16. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    I also see that the 2018 fees have been revised by Hilton to include the addition of $599 activation fee for resale buyers.

17. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    I have read through the change to the 2018 rules (in order to update our HGVC Advice Page). I could have easily miss something else but here is what I found:

• Mostly increases in fees (previously pointed out)
    • The rules have been reformatted from previous years (thus I could have missed something else)
    • Open Season rates have changed again. Now each resort has its own OS rates in Appendix 2
    • Appendix 2 lists the club reservation window, clubPoint and Open Season chart for eash resort separately. The resorts are grouped by area such as Florida, South Carolina, Big Island, Oahu, Las Vegas, Mountain, California, Urban and European resort.

CalGalTraveler, Panina and hurnik like this.
  18. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Awesome job, GT75.
    This is truly an amazing effort you put forth on all this.
    I appreciate it.

GT75 and alwysonvac like this.
  19. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    Thanks, I just hope that I didn't miss anything because it is really very boring reading. If someone does find something that I missed, please correct.