• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New 2018 Club Rules and Fees has been released.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I see that HGVC has posted the new 2018 Rules and Fees. Has anyone had a chance to review yet for significant changes?

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
looks like only 1 inventory activation fee (no longer one for resale vs direct). $366.

All other fees went up by a few bucks including RCI fees.

jestme

Reaction score
Most Open Season rates have gone up (again!). Also, it appears that 2BR+ and 2BRPrem are now the same $ price, but not point price. They were not the same $ price last year.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
$239 for an RCI week exchange fee is ridiculous!
It just keeps going up, feels like every 6 months or so...
I did make an exchange last week at $230, only because there were 2018 week 51 units available, and the dates were just right.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
And I thought $219 for an RCI week was absurd.
No more for me. Well, prolly no more. Unless...

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
$239 for an RCI week exchange fee is ridiculous!
It just keeps going up, feels like every 6 months or so...
I did make an exchange last week at $230, only because there were 2018 week 51 units available, and the dates were just right.
No thought from hgvc, desirable properties and nothing good negotiated for their members.

RCI just as bad. They are making it better for hgvc affiliates to deposit in II if they are affiliated if they want to trade.

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I avoid RCI when possible.
But if you want something in Key West, you aren't gonna get anything with HGVC. To rent The Galleon via Redweek is gonnna cost you about $2500-3000 for a 1 BR.

I got it for 3400 points and even with the $230 RCI fee, it was like $840 or something for the entire week, which I still think is extremely reasonable.

I don't have access to II, so I know nothing about the fees there.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
But if you want something in Key West, you aren't gonna get anything with HGVC. To rent The Galleon via Redweek is gonnna cost you about $2500-3000 for a 1 BR.

I got it for 3400 points and even with the $230 RCI fee, it was like $840 or something for the entire week, which I still think is extremely reasonable.

I don't have access to II, so I know nothing about the fees there.
Much more reasonable in II. Trades are $189 per trade. But when I trade my Marriott to another Marriott, trades are just $134.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
But if you want something in Key West, you aren't gonna get anything with HGVC...it was like $840 or something for the entire week, which I still think is extremely reasonable.

I hate to admit it but that's like the Manhattan Club. They have a $54.51 a day housekeeping fee plus the RCI reservation fee. However, it only cost us 2400 points. So even if you factor in the percentage of our MF it's still a better deal than a New York Hotel.

That said, I find myself using AirBnB now when I would have used RCI in the past. I find AirBnb to be a little nerve racking-having to pay upfront and hoping all will be okay. But so far we've stayed in some fabulous places for very reasonable costs.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Much more reasonable in II. Trades are $189 per trade. But when I trade my Marriott to another Marriott, trades are just $134.

FYI II went up $10 per exchange as of 1/1/18 with less than 2 weeks notice only if you specifically looked for the change.

Trades are now $199 and M to M are $144. Guest Certificates through II are $69. Interval is trying hard to keep up with RCI price increases.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
FYI II went up $10 per exchange as of 1/1/18 with less than 2 weeks notice only if you specifically looked for the change.

Trades are now $199 and M to M are $144. Guest Certificates through II are $69. Interval is trying hard to keep up with RCI price increases.
Dang didn't even know as I haven't had any trades for this year yet.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like the guest fee went down, from $52 to $49. Minor plus :)

Cheers.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
It's interesting that they have the 2018 Club Rules, Fee Schedule and Vacation Planning Calendar posted now, but not yet the 2018 Club Affiliated Resort Seasons chart. I find the latter very useful for figuring out where and when to maximize my points value. The website is still showing the 2017 version. Surely by now they know when the seasons will be for 2018 for the various clubs.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It's interesting that they have the 2018 Club Rules, Fee Schedule and Vacation Planning Calendar posted now, but not yet the 2018 Club Affiliated Resort Seasons chart. I find the latter very useful for figuring out where and when to maximize my points value. The website is still showing the 2017 version. Surely by now they know when the seasons will be for 2018 for the various clubs.
To my knowledge, the seasons do not change from year to year. If week 42 (for example) was a Silver week in the 2017 chart, it will be a Silver week this year.

Kurt

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
To my knowledge, the seasons do not change from year to year. If week 42 (for example) was a Silver week in the 2017 chart, it will be a Silver week this year.

Kurt

I know they don't change that much, but I thought there might be some minor changes, particularly around weeks like Easter or special events, depending upon when they fall. They did change the title in 2017 to show the current year, so I had assumed they would do the same this year. Otherwise, I would have expected just the title without the year and an "effective" date somewhere on the form. But maybe I'm just being overly logical (lol)!!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've never seen them change. Think about it -- how would it work if someone owned a fixed week, and one year it is worth 5000 points, and the next 7000? I think the only reason they had a date on that chart was because from year to year the list of resorts may change.

I could be wrong, but like I said, I have never seen seasons change by the week.

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I know they don't change that much, but I thought there might be some minor changes...

The season chart applies to each resort's description, and is not part of the annual publication of rules+fees .
But if you think about it...
Our deed says we own a TS in certain week. Each week falls within a season that determines its points.
To change the season for any week would change the applicable points - which just doesn't happen.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The season chart applies to each resort's description, and is not part of the annual publication of rules+fees .
But if you think about it...
Our deed says we own a TS in certain week. Each week falls within a season that determines its points.
To change the season for any week would change the applicable points - which just doesn't happen.

I don’t know the answer...Hyatt increased the trading power of certain weeks thus decreasing the value of other weeks even though they kept their trading value the same. How is Hyatt’s deeds different that they could do it?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I don’t know the answer...Hyatt increased the trading power of certain weeks thus decreasing the value of other weeks even though they kept their trading value the same. How is Hyatt’s deeds different that they could do it?

I've read that HGVC increased values at Flamingo early in it's existence, but not changed any in the last 30 years.
Of course, as they say, "Past performance is not indicative of future results."
Also, The Rules say that HGVC has the right to modify or terminate the club.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've read that HGVC increased values at Flamingo early in it's existence, but not changed any in the last 30 years.
Of course, as they say, "Past performance is not indicative of future results."
Also, The Rules say that HGVC has the right to modify or terminate the club.
I read recently Hyatt increased point value at key west properties for certain weeks.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I've never seen them change. Think about it -- how would it work if someone owned a fixed week, and one year it is worth 5000 points, and the next 7000? I think the only reason they had a date on that chart was because from year to year the list of resorts may change.

I could be wrong, but like I said, I have never seen seasons change by the week.

Kurt

Thanks everyone for your responses. We have only been owners since 2015. I was assuming because they did a new chart in 2017 that it would be updated every year. I think Kurt's explanation makes perfect sense concerning fixed weeks. I also think Kurt may be right that it may have changed in 2017 because they had some new resorts. If that is the case, I also think it would make more sense if they eliminated the year from the chart title and just put a note somewhere that this chart was effective as of a certain date. That would make it clearer that it is only updated periodically, IMO. But that may just be me tilting against windmills (lol)!!

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could've sworn, but I could be wrong, as I don't think I saved any of the hard copies from 2004, that HGVC cut the number of "bronze" weeks, for example at some resorts, thus "increasing" the costs (points) required.

Again, I could be wrong. I *think* the only bronze weeks on my old chart (the color coding is really hard to read as it's from 2015?) are 4 weeks at Flamingo. (But I could be wrong on that as well, it was just based on a quick scan).

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
In 2010, there were no bronze weeks at Flamingo (nor on 2017), but you are correct in that the color chart is super hard to read.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well lookie here -- I dug around a bit on my file system and found a HGVC Season Chart from 2004! Pretty interesting, especially seeing the growth in the number of resorts since then. And the color coding is much better than the current version.

I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to compare if there have been any season changes at any of the resorts, but it looks like Flamingo did not have any Bronze Season weeks in 2004.

Kurt

Attachments

• HGVC-Seasons 2004.pdf
    33.2 KB · Views: 71