• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to rescind - sapphire resorts timeshare

ChickenTender

Reaction score
Just need to clarify something.

I saw the tug article on timeshare rescinding advice.- http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html

My question is - I am sending all copies of my documents to the time share includington the timeshare cancellation form and am keeping all originals. Your article mentions to do that as a best practice. I hope they wont try to avoid my attempt to cancel the contract due to this.

Input is appreciated.
CT

DRIless

Reaction score
Just need to clarify something.
I saw the tug article on timeshare rescinding advice.- http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html
My question is - I am sending all copies of my documents to the time share includington the timeshare cancellation form and am keeping all originals. Your article mentions to do that as a best practice. I hope they wont try to avoid my attempt to cancel the contract due to this.
Input is appreciated. CT
The law protects you, all you really have to do is say you want to cancel, but sending copies of everything back including any incentives can quicken the process, in my opinion. I rescinded a Wyndham once when they wouldn't allow me to read all the docs, I took them and read them and hand delivered it back along with the tiny Champagne bottle.

Last edited:

ChickenTender

Reaction score
So if I understand you correctly you're saying as long as I send the proper paperwork for cancelation it shouldn't matter if its the copied or original documents. I have a trip that I think they can cancel on their end and some movie tickets the I can return if needed other than that I can't think of anything else that would be part of what they gave me

ChickenTender

Reaction score
I sent fed ex and they dont do certified mail but they do signature required and provide all of the step by step tracking. I hope that will be sufficient.
Cut off date isn't till tomorrow night if I need to send another one but via USPS I guess I can do that. You think necessary?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Cut off date isn't till tomorrow night if I need to send another one but via USPS I guess I can do that. You think necessary?
Fed ex tracks and show delivery so I believe that is sufficient.

Welcome to Tug. Congratulations on rescinding.

ChickenTender

Reaction score
Thank you! I hope all is well with how I sent it. Yes fed ex does those things. Paid extra for it. Just got at least one email already with progress. They said they'll send email with signature and name of person signed for document as soon as document is delivered. Signature delivery only.

Thanks a lot everyone for your input . The support here is incredible. It can be nerve racking through this process.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent fed ex and they dont do certified mail but they do signature required and provide all of the step by step tracking. I hope that will be sufficient.

What do the instructions say in your owner's package about rescinding? They likely say to send it via USPS certified mail. If that is what the instructions say, then that's what I would do even though you already sent it via FedEx. It might be a couple of bucks but it is great peace of mind.

ChickenTender

Reaction score
What do the instructions say in your owner's package about rescinding? They likely say to send it via USPS certified mail. If that is what the instructions say, then that's what I would do even though you already sent it via FedEx. It might be a couple of bucks but it is great peace of mind.
I just re-sent as USPS certified today. Also got email notice with signature about 2 hours ago that the FedEx envelope was received and signed for.

Thank to all of you for your help.

ChickenTender

Reaction score
Now just waiting for return of receipt from second rescind letter and will be calling their customer support number in next couple of days to make sure they are processing my cancellation.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Now just waiting for return of receipt from second rescind letter and will be calling their customer support number in next couple of days to make sure they are processing my cancellation.

I don’t think they are required to give you an update. They will probably send you to another salesman to sweeten the deal and try to get you to not rescind or try to use scare tactics to keep you. Just wait until your deposit is returned on your credit card. Remember, it’s the law to give the rescind period, but not give an update.

ChickenTender

Reaction score
They won't give me an update if I call? We're wondering if there is anything else we can do besides wait for deposit return to make sure the cancellation got processed.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Don’t contact them, they will try to talk you into buying from them. Just wait til you see the deposit returned.
Silentg

ChickenTender

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Received my deposit back yesterday. Took about a week from date of sending letter. Not bad at all. I appreciate your patience and help. I will be looking into renting or the resale market for good deals.

CT

Last edited:

ChickenTender

Reaction score
I have some movie ticket vouchers they gave me when I came to the presentation. Not sure if I need to return those or not. No one has said anything to me and I'm not sure if that was part of me c0ming to the presentation or signing on the dotted line at the end of the presentation.

Thoughts? Trying to avoid calling them if possible.

They gave me back the full refund and didn't send me any communication about needing to return them so I'm leaning toward they gave them to me for coming to the presentation, along with a "free" not so free trip. Just want to return if needed.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score

The rule is send it like they say. Sending it two or three different way won't hurt but won't help either...

George

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have some movie ticket vouchers they gave me when I came to the presentation. Not sure if I need to return those or not. No one has said anything to me and I'm not sure if that was part of me c0ming to the presentation or signing on the dotted line at the end of the presentation.

Thoughts? Trying to avoid calling them if possible.

They gave me back the full refund and didn't send me any communication about needing to return them so I'm leaning toward they gave them to me for coming to the presentation, along with a "free" not so free trip. Just want to return if needed.
That’s your reward for going to the presentation use them!