• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to make a decision on rescheduling UTAH trip

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
MaryAnn has another long thread on this already. Pushing the date out may cause the sale to fall through so it is best not to do so.

Yes. Right. They originally wanted 8/26 and we pushed it out to 9/30 because of the trip actually and the fact that we could not get the house purged and packed by then.

Good thing we did because now we have to deal with the permit issue.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Do you have any say about when the closing will be? If you could push it to after your planned trip, you could go and enjoy a break from all this house selling and building.
You probably can use a break.
Silentg

It tentatively is after the trip- 9/30. The trip is 9/7-9/15 but then hubby goes back to work afterwards and we are not sure if we can handle everything in time when we get back. Though we have done a lot so far.

The buyers want to close sooner and also we are trying to coordinate how to swap houses which is not as easy as you would think in terms of the logistics of the move.

It is just that this trip is smack dab in the middle of when we need to handle things for the move. Everything just takes just too much darn time.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I thought of you when I saw this article. Alternatives to the most crowded national parks:
https://www.outsideonline.com/23338...gram&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=instagram

It may not help now but give you ideas for the future. Btw, I do some ridiculous things, but even I wouldn't take this trip. The airfare...well that stings, but it isn't life changing money. And maybe you can salvage it for something else after the move.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Well- funny how things change! Over the weekend my husband and I decided we are going to take the trip to Utah after all! We feel we have done a good amount of packing and between this Labor Day weekend coming up and the when we get back we should be able to finish up, make the necessary phone calls to disconnect and connect services and mail forwarding and all that good stuff.

Once back, we will still have 2 weeks until our proposed 9/30 closing date and I will be able to make the necessary phone calls to disconnect and connect services and mail forwarding and all that stuff.

As it is, the architect drawings for the missing permits on our current home won't be done until mid week (tomorrow is the electrical inspection for the bathroom that has always been here. SMH...). I called the town and after I personally deliver the drawings to the them it will take another 5 business days to issue the CO depending on where "in line" we are. So- being next week is also Labor Day week I don't anticipate those being issued until after we leave for the trip. Then of course they have to go through the title company and the bank and attys and so on.

So - heck- we will only be gone for a week. When we get back we will move forward. After agonizing about this for so long it feels good to finally decide to go. We have been writing out checks for everything else with this house stuff and nothing to show for it. In the back of my mind- even though both of us felt we should cancel- there was still a lot of uncertainty. We were overwhelmed with everything.

But I also felt it was now or never. Then I got a reminder for the air departure on my phone calendar and that was it. We're going.

I texted our buyers but have not yet heard back. I just wanted them to know we decided not to cancel our trip but it should not affect anything because after all is said and done we are looking at the end of Sept anyway for a closing. Maybe it is possible to do a week earlier-like the 23rd- who knows? But no way before that. I spoke to our realtor and he agreed- we actually have no control over the closing date anyway right now when it comes down to it. Bottom line is whether or not we take this vacation does not affect the closing date really. If it does, it would not affect it by more than a week. Hopefully they understand as I know they are anxious- as we are also actually.

But this is like one of those "hurry up and wait" scenarios.

Of course, we are not prepared for the trip now! LOL!

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yeah! I do believe this is the right plan when you first posted it but kept my mouth shut. :)
Enjoy Utah! Do you have plans to visit Arches, Canyonlands and Capitol Reefs National Parks? We went last year and enjoyed them tremendously.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah! I do believe this is the right plan when you first posted it but kept my mouth shut. :)
Enjoy Utah! Do you have plans to visit Arches, Canyonlands and Capitol Reefs National Parks? We went last year and enjoyed them tremendously.[/QUOT

I agree, enjoy the trip too bad about all the permit problems.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Enjoy Utah! Do you have plans to visit Arches, Canyonlands and Capitol Reefs National Parks? We went last year and enjoyed them tremendously.

Wow. Really? Thanks! Well- we were only planning on Zion and Bryce for this trip. We like a little slow travel- especially now! We are flying from NY to Las Vegas and sleeping over and then leaving for Cable Mountain Lodge the next day and staying there the whole week. Then back to Vegas overnight before we fly back to NY. We will do a day trip to Bryce and other day trips that suit our fancy and probably even a hang around day by their beautiful pool.

Hoping for a smooth trip because we don't need anymore stress and we find trips like this (with flying and all that) stressful until we hunker in/get settled.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I agree, enjoy the trip too bad about all the permit problems.

Thanks. Crazy stuff (and expensive) for things that are perfectly fine.