TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Need SC Attorney for Wyndham Loan Default

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by LHM, Jan 8, 2019.

1. LHM

LHM TUG Member

Does anyone know a good, reasonably-priced SC attorney that can handle my Wyndham timeshare loan that went into default/possible foreclosure during my marriage separation. Resort Funding will no longer allow me to send in payments and no one is communicating with me from Wyndham. Thanks.

2. Avislo

Avislo TUG Member

You might want to give the state bar association a call and see if they can recommend someone.

3. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

You don't need an attorney for this - you are in foreclosure - just let it go.

4. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (4), some others.
    That's what foreclosure means -- the ability to make the account current (i.e., to catch up on payments) has been foreclosed. The creditor will sell the property to recover the balance of the loan. Wyndham knows how to do this -- they will come swooping in on someone at a sales presentation with this unbelievably lucky opportunity.

Richelle likes this.
  5. LHM

LHM TUG Member

Wyndham has not told me I am in foreclosure, only that the loan is in default. Of the original $88,000, I still owe $25,000 so I am guessing they will come after me for the unpaid balance on the loan plus court costs, their attorney fees, rent,...I'm figuring that I should get advice from a SC lawyer who might can tell me what to expect from Wyndham and what I need to do. So, if anyone has gone through this and can make a referral, I would appreciate it.

6. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (4), some others.
    I'm kind of with Denise on this. Even if you are not technically in foreclosure, you can't make additional payments. That sounds a lot like foreclosure so I would guess that foreclosure is imminent.

It sounds like you have a good idea of what will happen. Paying an attorney will just add to your expenses. Why a South Carolina attorney? Is that where you are? Or where the property is? If you are hard over on hiring an attorney, why not a Florida attorney who would more likely to be able to deal with Wyndham (located in Florida)?

I am an attorney but I am not your attorney. This is not legal advice, but it is worth every penny you paid for it.

7. LHM

LHM TUG Member

It's a Mrytle Beach, SC timeshare. The loan is secured by a mortgage on the timeshare. It's not that I'm worried about losing the timeshare. I'm just concerned with how much the debt will grow to and whether Wyndham can attach the debt to my land that I want to pass on to my children.

8. am1

am1 TUG Member

Im sure you could offer to pay off the loan and Wyndham could accept. May want to sue your original lawyer if you had one for getting stuck with the timeshare that had a mortgage.

9. LHM

LHM TUG Member

Yeah, I did email the only contact person at Wyndham that Resort Funding gave me the email address of. I explained I had been involved in drawing up a marriage separation agreement while I wasn't paying and asked how much it would take to bring the loan current and how much is the final payoff amount. No response and it has been close to 4 months. I also sent a certified letter to the notice address on the mortgage but it wasn't picked up at their post office and came back to me.
    Frankly, I would be fine if Wyndham took the timeshare if they didn't: come after my land, etc. for the $25,000 still owed on the loan. I don:t know if they could take the timeshare and sell it and come after me for the rest if the selling price wasn't enough to cover the remainder of the loan. And I have no idea how much they could tack on to what I owe regarding their court costs, attorney fees, and rent (whatever that is). I hope they give me some communication before I just receive a summons for court. You see why I wanted to talk with an attorney in SC used to these dealings. I guess I could hound the one Wyndham email address every day.

10. 55plus

55plus TUG Member

Mortage? I thought the timeshare loans were unsecure loans (sometimes called signature loans), not a mortgage. Am I missing something? If it is an unsecure loan maybe you can settle with them for pennies, nickels or dimes on the dollar and not lose what you already have invested.

11. paxsarah

paxsarah TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Pagosa, Wyndham at The Cottages & Ocean Blvd
    I thought so too, but I was schooled in a Wyndham Facebook group by numerous people who have mortgages from Wyndham and receive 1098s with their mortgage interest for tax purposes. It seems bonkers, but it's apparently true.

12. 55plus

55plus TUG Member

Wow! I didn't know Wyndham was in the loan shark business too. How high of interest rate does Wyndham charge? They try to get into your pockets during the sales presentation. If they succeed then they move into your pockets for a long time.

13. Braindead

Braindead TUG Member

I called in upon transferring to the MFs, loan servicing line you get a recorded message saying the 1098s will be sent out later this month