• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Info Re Inguinal Hernia Repair

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I may have an Inguinal Hernia and am working to confirm it yea or nay. If I do and need to repair it, any recommendations of best place in the US to have it done...

George

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I am certain that there are many fine surgeons in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex who do an excellent job of hernia repair. You do not need to travel great distances.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
George, you should check with your primary care physician for a referral. Certainly highly qualified physicians can be located in your area. This is not a difficult procedure and should not be delayed in a search for the 'best'. Good Luck!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Had this a few years ago. After less than a week felt better than I had in over a year.

This is one of the most straight forward surgeries. Almost any good surgeon will do a great job.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Good luck, George. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
George, good luck. I hope you find an excellent doctor... I just found out I have a Hernia in my belly button. My doctor found this because I had an MRI, due to back issues that I'm having...So I'm going to focus on my 3 herniated disks in my back and the 2 in my neck...

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
George,

I have no idea at all on this, but in the hope that sharing this will make you laugh a bit (hopefully pain free), this is how I read your OP...

Iguana Hernia Repair

142124-004-81471810.jpg

Ironically, I was in a classroom today and there was an example of selective breeding being played for the students. The subject of the selective breeding....of course....iguanas.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
George, good luck. I hope you find an excellent doctor... I just found out I have a Hernia in my belly button. My doctor found this because I had an MRI, due to back issues that I'm having...So I'm going to focus on my 3 herniated disks in my back and the 2 in my neck...

Best of luck for healing for you also.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
George, you should check with your primary care physician for a referral.

I have an appointment with her tomorrow afternoon. I emailed her on Tuesday and told her I thought I had a small hernia. She emailed me back on Wednesday telling me she worked me in on Friday. Good response time...

George

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment with her tomorrow afternoon. I emailed her on Tuesday and told her I thought I had a small hernia. She emailed me back on Wednesday telling me she worked me in on Friday. Good response time...
Excellent! I wish you well, and a speedy recovery.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband had both sides, a few years apart. Recovery was much easier the second time
An interesting aside, the surgeon who performed the surgery retired very early. Whether it had to do with getting a call from a friend asking him to go check on his wife,a popular doctor and discovering her bludgeoned body I don’t know. Husband and his best friend on trial right now for the murder.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband had both sides, a few years apart. Recovery was much easier the second time
An interesting aside, the surgeon who performed the surgery retired very early. Whether it had to do with getting a call from a friend asking him to go check on his wife,a popular doctor and discovering her bludgeoned body I don’t know. Husband and his best friend on trial right now for the murder.
Have you noticed that lots of your family, friends and acquaintenances seem to have more bad luck than what seems 'normal'? I hope your luck improves!

Jim

Reaction score
I had an Umbilical Hernia (belly button) repaired in December 2016 in Longwood FL. The guy next to me in the OR waiting room was having an Inguinal Hernia surgery from the same surgeon. These days, hernia surgeries are so routine that you will be in and out within a couple hours.

As a side note, there is a new "industry" out there for hernia mesh mistakes. Don't fall for the scam! The way it works is, let's say your mesh is pinching. Rarely is it worse than that. Anyway, you meet with an attorney. He sends you to a surgeon. The surgeon talks about the procedure and such. You leave then return for the removal. Your recovery is worse than your original surgery AND your hernia returns. Now, if it is a true failure of the mesh, it would be better to go with a medical malpractice attorney than these scams.

TS

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husbands mesh from 20 years ago now pinches. Our new Florida surgeon watched it for 9 months and did a scan. Convinced us there was more risk from infection and scar tissue trying to fix it and hubby lives with the tiny bit of pinching.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Turns out my self diagnosis was bogus. After Doctor's hands on examination, a couple of X-rays and a CT Scan it turns out the discomfort I was feeling was not a hernia but rather a degenerative right hip. My Doctor's advice is do nothing, no physical therapy, no more treadmill, be careful. Basically she is saying death should get me before I need treatment...

George

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Turns out my self diagnosis was bogus. After Doctor's hands on examination, a couple of X-rays and a CT Scan it turns out the discomfort I was feeling was not a hernia but rather a degenerative right hip. My Doctor's advice is do nothing, no physical therapy, no more treadmill, be careful. Basically she is saying death should get me before I need treatment...

George

Well- this is good news, George- I think! LOL! Glad you don't need treatment. No treadmill - that's interesting- but you can still take walks I assume and other types of exercise.