TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help with Renting my Hyatt TS

Discussion in 'Hyatt Residence Club' started by shawnielauer, May 12, 2019.

1. shawnielauer

shawnielauer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
    I have owned at Hyatt High Sierra Lodge for many years, but never tried renting. I want to try it this year. Can anyone tell me how to rent your deeded week? Best place to post rental ad? Best protocol to protect yourself and give the renter peace of mind. How to choose price point? Anything else important I may not be considering since I've never done it. I appreciate in advance hearing from those of you who have done this successfully.
    My week is a Thanksgiving week. Thanks!

2. jjking42

jjking42 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Westin Kierland, Wyndham Flagstaff
    Look at the stickies in the buying selling renting forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. heathpack

heathpack Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
    Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
    Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
    Sheraton Broadway Plantation
    I rent my Timeshares in various places:
    RedWeek for my Marriott
    Craigslist Orange County for my Disney Vacation Club Grand Californian, or I use a broker
    Rent to a friend through word of mouth or Facebook
    TUG marketplace once for a 4 night High Sierra reservation I couldn’t use, I had that one listed on Craigslist too if I recall

Agree with reading the stickies on renting. I use a rental contract and ask for payment via cash, personal check or money order.

4. AJCts411

AJCts411 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Sunset x 2
    Used Redweek and Tug marketplace, I use a contract, with a (I think) fair cancellation policy, (I'm not Walmart or Hyatt) and take a deposit. Paypal account to use Credit cards. Get a deposit to cover your cancellation costs (guest certificates, new add, etc.) and payment in full at least 60 days in advance. The 60 days seems to shut down the scamsters who use and file a CC complaint ,or cancel and complain needlessly.

5. northjerseyjim

northjerseyjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
    Would you consider renting it for the cost of your Maintenance fees?

Jim

6. shawnielauer

shawnielauer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
    Thank you. The whole section on renting is quite helpful with a pretty decent sample contract.

7. shawnielauer

shawnielauer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
    Have you ever use the Redweek full service for $60 and have them take care of the contract, payment etc? Not sure if it is worth it or better to create your own contract. What is your cancellation policy and deposit amount? Thanks for the tips.

8. shawnielauer

shawnielauer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
    Well, I haven't checked on going rates as yet and were hopeful it would rent for a bit more, but if I need to rent it for Maint fees (plus any other fees associated with guest transfer) to get it rented, I would.

9. AJCts411

AJCts411 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Sunset x 2
    I only use redweek to advertise and used paypal to accept the payment. I'll pm you with a contract I use, but basically a deposit to cover my costs if the renter cancels,

10. heathpack

heathpack Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
    Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
    Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
    Sheraton Broadway Plantation
    To me, the profit margins on renting Timeshares are small enough that paying someone else to do it for me doesn’t make tons of sense. I guess it depends on how much over MF you think you could rent for. If it’s only $100 or $200, it’s tough to justify a $60 fee, which works out to be 30-60% of your potential profits. Maybe it starts to make sense if you’re looking at $500-600 over MF.

I have the impression that Thanksgiving in Tahoe is a low-demand week. I’ve never looked deeply into it, so I could be wrong. However if I’m right, you might need to price this pretty competitively, which means little profit for you and that makes it hard to justify the Redweek full service fee.

11. northjerseyjim

Resorts Owned:
    The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
    Feel free to contact me if you swing in that direction. I would be willing to pay your m/f plus all associated additional fees.

Thanks.

12. shawnielauer

shawnielauer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
    Are you still interested in renting my Thanksgiving week Hyatt High Sierra Lodge timeshare for maintenance fees and any associated costs?

13. northjerseyjim

Resorts Owned:
    already rented another could you swap it for someplace next July/August ?

14. shawnielauer

shawnielauer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
    I can't swap at this point. Booked my reserved week. Thanks for your reply!

15. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Friendly reminder: Buying/selling/renting/trading are not permitted in the discussion forums, except for the designated forums and the TUG Marketplace.