• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help with pooled pts & borrowing issue

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
I'm a relative newbie w/Wyndham having bought my first 2 contracts in mid-2016. I used some pts for a Jan. 2017 rez. and a Jan. 2018 rez. The balance of the 2017 & 2018 pts I pooled, in Dec. 2016, into 2019. So I currently have ~14K pts. I will also not get any pts in 2018 (pooled into 2019).

My pooled pts =294,000. In March, 2018 I was planning on using some of those pooled pts to make a Jan. 2019 rez. Now I see that I can't use those pooled pts except w/in a 90 day Express window. Is this correct?

Then, what about my new allotment of 2019 pts that will hit my acct. on 1/1/19? Do I have to wait until 10/1/18 (Express window) to make a rez. for 1/1/19?

I think I might be in trouble if the above is true because there may not be any Jan. 2019 availability w/in the Express window. :( I hope I'm missing something.

Phil

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Now I see that I can't use those pooled pts except w/in a 90 day Express window. Is this correct?
Where did you see this? You describe what sounds like the former Credit Pool process. Unless something has changed in recent days, those pooled points will expire in Dec 2019 since you pooled them in Dec 2016. And, those points are available, today, for reservations up to 10 months out. You should have no issue making a Jan 2019 reservation in March of 2018. Try making a reservation in Sept 2018, today, to confirm that you have the 10 month option on Credit Pooled points. Don't confirm the test reservation, however.

Regarding the use of your 2019 UY points, they should be good for any desired 2019 reservation made up to 10 months in advance. Or 13 months in advance at your home resorts.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where did you see this? You describe what sounds like the former Credit Pool process. Unless something has changed in recent days, those pooled points will expire in Dec 2019 since you pooled them in Dec 2016. And, those points are available, today, for reservations up to 10 months out. You should have no issue making a Jan 2019 reservation in March of 2018. Try making a reservation in Sept 2018, today, to confirm that you have the 10 month option on Credit Pooled points. Don't confirm the test reservation, however.

Regarding the use of your 2019 UY points, they should be good for any desired 2019 reservation made up to 10 months in advance. Or 13 months in advance at your home resorts.

I just tried to make a 1 week rez. for May of next year (2018) and I got the dreaded:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but you do not have enough points to complete this reservation.

Cancel Booking Request"

It gives me no option to borrow or rent!!

The points I pooled in Dec. 2016 are only good from Jan. 1, 2019>12/31/19. This is according to their website.

Frustrated!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Points I deposited on 12/27/16 show as available for use from 12/27/16 to 12/27/19. From inside your account, look at each drop down under My Ownership/Points/Available for use Today and see how that matches up against what you believe you should have, by period of time. Then look at history to see if there have been any transactions that you may have not accounted for and/or any Wyndham Adjustments. They made adjustments to my account when they converted in May which I just recently got cleaned up. After you've done a review of History, dig out your old emails from Wyndham and get on the phone with all your data and history in hand. Points pooled in Dec 2016, unless used already, should be available now. Dealing with Wyndham, the new system, and the new rule can be very frustrating.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have only been able to borrow points when I was making a reservation in the express window (90 days).
Rental rules are also restrictive, according to the member's directory. In the standard window (up to 10 months), the directory says you can only rent enough points for the last nights stay.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I just tried to make a 1 week rez. for May of next year (2018) and I got the dreaded:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but you do not have enough points to complete this reservation.

Cancel Booking Request"

It gives me no option to borrow or rent!!

The points I pooled in Dec. 2016 are only good from Jan. 1, 2019>12/31/19. This is according to their website.

Frustrated!
Give them a call. After the new website launched, some of my credit pool points had future start dates. I called and had them fixed.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I have only been able to borrow points when I was making a reservation in the express window (90 days).
Rental rules are also restrictive, according to the member's directory. In the standard window (up to 10 months), the directory says you can only rent enough points for the last nights stay.

That is in the rules. You can only borrow points within the express window. For instants, I don’t have any points until January 2019. All of my 2018 points were put in the old credit pool last year and used for a Hawaii vacation for summer 2018. So there are no available points until January 2019. However, I booked a reservation for January 12, 2018 which is within the express window and borrowed the points from 2019. If I had tried to make that same reservation a couple of weeks earlier in December, I wouldn’t have been able to borrow because I would have needed to borrrow from 2018 point and there are no 2018 points. I have also rented points at 10 months to complete the last nights stay. It is nice that you can now do that online. Before the May change, you had to call, if you wanted to rent points to complete the last nights stay.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Points I deposited on 12/27/16 show as available for use from 12/27/16 to 12/27/19. From inside your account, look at each drop down under My Ownership/Points/Available for use Today and see how that matches up against what you believe you should have, by period of time. Then look at history to see if there have been any transactions that you may have not accounted for and/or any Wyndham Adjustments. They made adjustments to my account when they converted in May which I just recently got cleaned up. After you've done a review of History, dig out your old emails from Wyndham and get on the phone with all your data and history in hand. Points pooled in Dec 2016, unless used already, should be available now. Dealing with Wyndham, the new system, and the new rule can be very frustrating.

That's the way I thought things worked when I pooled them in 2016. I will call and ask them to fix. It's funny that I have 14K available that say good from 12/23/16>12/31/19. The other 294K say good from 1/1/19>12/31/19. I'll call soon. Thanks.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's the way I thought things worked when I pooled them in 2016. I will call and ask them to fix. It's funny that I have 14K available that say good from 12/23/16>12/31/19. The other 294K say good from 1/1/19>12/31/19. I'll call soon. Thanks.

Well, it turns out the mistake was MINE. I hate to admit that but it's true. :) When I pooled my 2016/2017/2018 pts I used them all, except for 14K, for a 2017 & 2018 rez. So, the 294K I see that are only good during 2019 are my regular "odd yr" allotment (I didn't know they would show up so far in advance). I thought I was a fairly smart guy but this Wyndham system has humbled me. So, as mentioned above, I won't be able to use any of those 2019 except during the 90 day Express window.

Thanks to all of you for the help. One final question: Will my 2020 allotment of points show up online on 1/1/19? It's always 2 yrs in advance?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, it turns out the mistake was MINE. I hate to admit that but it's true. :) When I pooled my 2016/2017/2018 pts I used them all, except for 14K, for a 2017 & 2018 rez. So, the 294K I see that are only good during 2019 are my regular "odd yr" allotment (I didn't know they would show up so far in advance). I thought I was a fairly smart guy but this Wyndham system has humbled me. So, as mentioned above, I won't be able to use any of those 2019 except during the 90 day Express window.

Thanks to all of you for the help. One final question: Will my 2020 allotment of points show up online on 1/1/19? It's always 2 yrs in advance?

Well the good news is you can use those 2019 points to make that Jan 2019 reservation you need in the regular reservation period... you don't have to wait until the express reservation period.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well the good news is you can use those 2019 points to make that Jan 2019 reservation you need in the regular reservation period... you don't have to wait until the express reservation period.

What? I do have to wait until the express window, don't I? I tried a booking for 7-8 months out today and I can't do it. Then I tried a booking for this coming Jan. (2 months out) and it allowed me to make the rez. after borrowing the pts. Now my head is spinning again. :)

Are you saying that on 3/1/18 (10 months out) I can make a rez. for 1/1/19? That's because they are NOT pooled points? That would be great.

Last edited:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think so. I do have to wait until the express window, don't I? I tried a booking for 7-8 months out and I can't do it. Then I tried a booking for this coming Jan. (2 months out) and it allowed me to make the rez. after borrowing the pts.

You will be able to make 2019 reservations using 2019 points in the standard reservation window.