TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advice on new HGVC Purchase

Discussion in 'New to Timesharing? Look Here!' started by dlyn808, Oct 18, 2018.

1. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

Hey there!
    i currently have HGVC but i must admit i am in over my head and need advice on how to get out of a new contract that i got pulled into. I am past the 7 day grace period to cancel the contract and get my refund, but my first payment is due on November the 1st and I would rather get rid of this contract and buy at resale price (cheaper right?). any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Welcome to tug.

Many of us here on tug, including myself, purchased our first timeshare from the developer at full price so we understand how you feel. Then we found tug, learned a lot and purchased the rest resale.

The reality is you signed a contract and have missed the recession period thus you are liable. You can default but risk they will come after you and your credit rating will suffer. There are scammers who will tell you they can get you out of it. Do not hire and pay anyone to get you out of it. They will only take your money and you will still own it.

I own Hgvc and love the system. My suggestion is learn all about hgvc here on Tug so you can utilize your purchase in the best way possible and just enjoy it.

dlyn808 likes this.
  3. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

thank you for your response! my concern lies that i will soon be unable to pay the monthly payment due to loss of income ($4000 loss). do you think HGVC will take back the deed based on my financial strain?

4. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

sorry about the confusion. let me clarify: i absolutely love the resorts i have been to while a HGVC owner (i've had it for a year and upgraded recently) but my income will be taking a huge hit soon (before my first payment is due) so i wanted to know if i could get it deeded back to HGVC until i can get my financials up again and this time buy resale...

5. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

Sorry to hear about your situation. You could try HGVC but you will take a deep hit on what you paid but will get out of future MF.

What did you buy? Depending on your unit you could also try to sell or rent if you can't sell and it is a desirable unit.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    dlyn808 likes this.
  6. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Usually, no, but you can always contact them and ask. If you don't mind the credit hit, just let them know you can't pay and you are going to default and don't send them any money. It may be cheaper for them to take it back without doing full foreclosure, but it's important not to make any payments to demonstrate your point.

dlyn808 likes this.
  7. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

it's a 3 bedroom unit at Parc Soleil. 8400 points platinum, EOY starting 2019 for 529.39/month (amount financed 31684.50). MF at 1718.42 and CD at 170 *sigh*

8. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

well my credit is pretty much shot right now, so i dnt think i mind the credit hit. but how much would it affect it? like a big chunk? but it doesn't show up in my credit report so how will it show up now if i dont pay? sorry i've never had this done before

9. CalGalTraveler

Unfortunately, you cannot sell it with a mortgage on it. 3 bedroom Parc Soleil units are listed for $4000 - 5,500 on Redweek so your mortgage is upside down.

You can try deeding back to HGVC however they might require you to pay off the mortgage. However if your credit is already gone, you could approach them with a deedback and cancellation of the mortgage so they don't have to go through the cost of foreclosure. FWIW HGVC owns their own mortgages so they could easily take the unit back into inventory and resell it. They may opt not to ding your credit because you are saving them the cost of foreclosure.

If that doesn't work and you don't care about your credit, you could stop paying. However read threads on Tug before you proceed. And do not pay anyone to sell your unit because they are scammers.

dlyn808 likes this.
  10. Fredflintstone

Fredflintstone TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Rent only
    Oh boy. What I know from some experience, the higher amount owed, the greater chance the timeshare company will sue. At 31684.50 owed, you may have reached the threshold of them suing you if you bail. I hope you have no assets like a house.

Sorry to give you this news. I would try hardship with them to see if they have any latitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

"$4000 on Redweek"?!?! omg! r u serious?! what have i done?! now i'm really not getting any sleep tonight! :(
    i have reached out to them via phone call (left a message for the Resolution Department and email also) so now it's a waiting game. i'll update here once i hear from them!

12. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

oh no please, not my house..i'm getting depressed by the minute :( *sigh*

i am trying the route of hardship with them. hopefully they have the heart to give me a little break...

13. Fredflintstone

Resorts Owned:
    Rent only
    I’m sorry. Yes, try hardship. Worst case scenario try to spread the payments longer. I just know this much money is something they take more seriously. I am crossing my fingers for you.

Yes, sadly those same weeks go resale at 4 k. You could maybe take a second mortgage on the house or declare bankruptcy. My best guess is they will spread the payments farther if that helps. I honestly doubt they will let it slide but I have been wrong in the past and could eat my words.

I’m also sorry to tell you they are a business and have no heart. It’s all about profits.

One last thing, if you get a no from one person KEEP GOING UP THE LADDER. Be persistent.

14. Fredflintstone

Resorts Owned:
    Rent only
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/florida-timeshare-foreclosure-right-cancel-laws.html

I have great news for you. Parc Soleil is located in Florida right?

If it is, check out the link above. Florida has non judicial, anti deficiency laws. This means they can only foreclose without court supervision and CANNOT sue for deficiency. What this means is if they lose money by you foreclosing all they get is your timeshare.

So, with that. Tell them you can’t pay and foreclose if they want.

Yay...gotta love Florida!

dlyn808 and TUGBrian like this.
  15. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT! i see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    YES parc soleil is in Florida!
    i can rest a little easy tonight *whew*
    but of course i will still keep you all updated when i get final word from them
    thank you again :)

Fredflintstone likes this.
  16. CalGalTraveler

FWIW...the primary home is not collateral for the loan so they cannot come after your home. Do not take an equity loan out of your primary home-if you cannot afford the TS you cannot afford the payment on the additional equity loan and could put your home at risk.

How long ago did you upgrade? If you could rescind the upgrade or have HGVC undo the upgrade as part of the deedback, perhaps your old unit didn't have a mortgage and you could sell it?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  17. Fredflintstone

Resorts Owned:
    Rent only
    Actually they can get a lien on your home IF the state allows for deficiency and they sue and win a judgement. Since this timeshare is in Florida, deficiencies are not allowed unless the person contests the non judicial foreclosure. So nothing to worry about in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlyn808 likes this.
  18. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

i upgraded in september. the old unit still had a balance on it i know that for sure. but thank you for all your advice!

19. DrQ

DrQ TUG Member

If you live in Florida, your wages are subject to garnishment. If you don't live in Florida, but your state allows garnishment and a lien on your house, the judgement can be domesticated in your state for enforcement if your state follows the Unified Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act. You might have to offer them 50 cents on the dollar to settle the matter, but if they can enforce a judgement, they may not budge.

Be vewwy vewwy careful.

20. dlyn808

dlyn808 Guest

update: i still have not heard anything back from the Resolutions Department! do they have that many complaints that they cannot get back to others within a day or 2? it's been 4 days since my fist voicemail and email to them. what is going on with this company? i again left a voicemail and email so they can't say i didn't try to resolve this! customer service also tells me it's only that department that can handle the issue! SMH
    sorry all, just venting *sigh*