• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My very first experience using Wyndham points

Chad Soileau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
105K Wyndham Plus points at Fairfield Plantation Resort
159K Wyndham Plus points at Fairfield Mountains Resort
I bought two contracts earlier this year in July and August which are finally in the 11ish week ownership transfer AT Wyndham. One of the contracts had points left on it for 2018 so I got the title company to book a reservation in Destin, FL at the Majestic Sun. We had enough left on the contract to get a 2BR Deluxe on the beach.

I must say that it was a pleasant experience all around. The staff was friendly and the resort was clean and top notch. I'm hoping that all the properties are all up to the quality of this resort.

The ONLY thing that I found to be a little squirrelly was when I checked us in we had a second person that I had to go to get the parking passes. She tried to pass herself off as a concierge but I was pretty sure that she was trying to get me to sit through a meeting of some sort. She said it's VERY important that I sit through the meeting because Wyndham had "broken into two companies now" and "it was imperative that I get on board with their reward program". After saying no around 7 different times she finally gave me my parking passes and I was on my way. So, what's she referring to with the splitting of the two companies?

Thanks!

Chad

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I bought two contracts earlier this year in July and August which are finally in the 11ish week ownership transfer AT Wyndham. One of the contracts had points left on it for 2018 so I got the title company to book a reservation in Destin, FL at the Majestic Sun. We had enough left on the contract to get a 2BR Deluxe on the beach.

I must say that it was a pleasant experience all around. The staff was friendly and the resort was clean and top notch. I'm hoping that all the properties are all up to the quality of this resort.

The ONLY thing that I found to be a little squirrelly was when I checked us in we had a second person that I had to go to get the parking passes. She tried to pass herself off as a concierge but I was pretty sure that she was trying to get me to sit through a meeting of some sort. She said it's VERY important that I sit through the meeting because Wyndham had "broken into two companies now" and "it was imperative that I get on board with their reward program". After saying no around 7 different times she finally gave me my parking passes and I was on my way. So, what's she referring to with the splitting of the two companies?

Thanks!

Chad

It is that Wyndham is splitting its timeshare business from its hotel business or something like that. But, as far as the meeting is concerned, it doesn't matter. If it hadn't been about splitting companies, it would have been something else. There is ALWAYS a reason that you MUST sit through what will inevitably be a sales presentation, no matter what the ubiquitous, annoying parking pass ladies call it.

This is a pretty common view of Wyndham -- nice resorts, despicable sales force.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Definitely a sales pitch

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the press release, it is being targeted for June 2018. They are trying to spin off Wyndham Hotel Group. You might want to review recent threads on what is happening in Wyndham.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is what they told me in Shawnee - something about the splitting. Not worth attending a presentation to find out what they were spinning, but I was curious as well. All of the other ploys they used to try to get me to attend I had heard before.

I am guessing this article has something to do with it, but likely doesn't require any sales pitch https://www.forbes.com/sites/joecor...its-vacation-ownership-business/#7f756a9c382f

Last edited: