TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

My Realtor Interviews and Fear of Selling Our Home

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by mpumilia, May 22, 2019.

1. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Cute house, Mary Ann. You will be cozy and will fit into a retirement community soon. Looks like work is continuing apace, and will be done on time. There will be some little nit-picking things, but that's the nature of new construction. Yet another new adventure.

Jim

mpumilia likes this.
  2. DancingWaters

DancingWaters TUG Member

How exciting to be that far along on building your retirement dream. Retirement life is certainly different than I ever imagined, but this journey has been exciting to share with you!
    No plans on the horizon for us, as we have 8 young grandkids 10 minutes from us, and we have an inground pool in the backyard. Pool is always full in the summer. As they get older, we will move into town and find something smaller and easier to maintain, though still stay in our school district since the 3 GKs we babysit for live in the same school district. Congratulations on your new home and moving closer to your son!

mpumilia likes this.
  3. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    Thank you! Yes- we are excited- but overwhelmed for sure. This has been such a long process that began back in May and the one month living in this rental feels like 3! LOL!

But we are taking it step by step as so many things are coinciding with this- hubby's retirement and all that it entails being the big one.

The small home will work for us being we have such a small family of 3 and will not be entertaining tons of people. The home is actually more spacious than it appears and it is great that it is all one level. Big pantry and washer dryer right off the kitchen, as well as a nice sized dinette area. Two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, the living room, that is it!

If I buy a Roomba my cleaning will be even easier! Ha! Ha!

Your situation sounds wonderful also with your family so close to you and the pool! I love a pool!

The realtor says when we come up in a couple of weeks we should be seeing even more progress. I can't wait to finally see it! And also the other homes he is building that will house our neighbors!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  4. Beachclubmum

Beachclubmum Guest

Very pretty house pictures! I’m excited for you!!

Sugarcubesea and mpumilia like this.
  5. pianodinosaur

pianodinosaur TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
    Loved the pictures. Live long and prosper.

mpumilia likes this.
  6. am1

am1 TUG Member

A back deck would fit nicely if there was a door from the main floor.

mpumilia likes this.
  7. DancingWaters

DancingWaters TUG Member

When we built our house decades ago, we built a ranch because we didn’t even like stairs in our youth.
    Thankfully, we did that right and just have 8 acres to maintain. 6 1/2 acres a farmer farms for us and we get 1/3 of the proceeds. We can get all the mowing and trimming done in an hour. I plan on staying in our present house for another 10 years and hubby thinks forever. Lol. Can’t wait to see more updated pics

mpumilia likes this.
  8. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    Yes. Some people have patios in the back and even fire pits and some have a little bit more property there and it is flat. Our side in this section of the development just drops down. Hoping the builder puts a fence there behind all the new homes on our side.

But anyway we don’t care because we expect to sit out on the front porch and not in the back, so we are good with it. We don’t barbecue either. Gotta get 2 Adirondack style rockers and a table to put my wine on! That’s all we need!

Quiet Pine and GrayFal like this.
  9. Patri

Patri Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

The walkout basement would have sold me. Very cute house.

mpumilia likes this.
  10. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Our home in Wisconsin is 1250 upstairs, we did finish the half basement, but now we never use it, and never even go in there. Unfortunately the laundry is downstairs. 1250 is plenty of room, we actually have three small bedrooms and a great room. The third bedroom has a desk, a futon,a tv, and my sewing machine. It doesn’t have enough closets though. Back when we built it, we had twelve stay for a few days, and my kids had many friends stay downstairs which has a bedroom, bathroom, and family room, about 650 square feet.

mpumilia likes this.
  11. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    Closets will be an issue for us, too. We could have used one or two more closets and/or a bigger master bedroom closet. So more things will have to be stored in the basement as there is no true attic. Hopefully that will work out.