TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

MVC points into II

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by Pamplemousse, May 17, 2019.

1. Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse TUG Member

I know this is a really specific question but I have chatted on MVC twice and can’t seem to get someone who is knowledgeable and I can’t call right now. Maybe someone here has done this and can advise.

I have some expiring banked MVC points and have decided the best thing to do is deposit them into II to exchange to a non Marriott. I found the chart and know how many points I need for the unit size and season.

My question is what is my deadline to do this transaction? The rep I just chatted with said I have up to 24 hours before the points expired to use them however I want. I asked if I needed to get them into II more than 60 days from expiration to avoid II flexchange and she didn’t know what flexchange is so now I’m not confident in her answer.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

2. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I don't think you can deposit banked points into II. But I am not 100 percent sure.

Separately, if the points are converted from weeks, they cannot be deposited into II.

3. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

II points do not equate to MVC points. You need to deposit an actual reservation. It would be the check-in day of the actual reservation that would determine whether the deposit is flex restricted or not.

4. Fasttr

Fasttr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Ocean
    MVC Trust Points
    Not true. Go here.... https://vacationclub.readytalk.com/?p=r click on Enrolled Owner Webinar, and fast forward to 33:50 in the video. It specifically talks about this option.

Sadly though, it sheds no light on deadlines, etc as asked in the OP.

5. bazzap

bazzap Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

6. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I think I confused it with enrolled week that is converted to DC points cannot be converted to MRPs.

7. Fasttr

Fasttr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Ocean
    MVC Trust Points
    Probably, as that is certainly true.

8. Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse TUG Member

Thanks to everyone who posted and tried to help.
    I was finally able to call MVC and it’s fair to say I was not the only one confused by this option ☺️
    My rep went and confirmed this info with a supervisor so this should all be correct.

You can use banked points for an II deposit.

The points can be trust, or from an elected week, or a combo.

You don’t need to have a request in place at all (Barry the piece you quoted is an option for someone who might want to try for an II exchange but still be able to use their points if it doesn’t come through- like a request first with a week).

MVC deposits a week based on the number of points you have/choose to use and it is good in II for 2 years. Works just like any other week except can’t be traded into a Marriott. All II fees need to be paid- exchange, upsize, eplus, etc.

This option can be selected anytime before the points expire and will not be flexchange even if it is chosen at the last minute.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    ljmiii, DannyTS and Fasttr like this.
  9. bazzap

EDD2F677-CA98-4675-92D6-337732F55213.jpeg

Perhaps it has changed recently, but previously the Interval Buyers Guide for MVC owners made it very clear that deposit was not an option with MVC points.
    Specifically they quote
    “ Use of the Deposit First method, as explained in more detail in Week- Based Exchange Method, Paragraph 3, is not available to Club Program Members relinquishing Points, as II does not currently accept the deposit of Points.”

10. Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse TUG Member

I’m not sure.
    But I’ve also never seen a buyers guide for MVC members only. The only one I know of is posted on II. I always thought the club referred to there was club interval in that one.

I was told of this as an option when we enrolled 3 years ago.
    We asked what if we couldn’t use all our points (because of course they wanted us to buy lots of points) and were told MVC would convert the points to a week and that could be deposited and exchanged on II and give us 2 years to use them.
    I don’t remember the details of course but it just has been in the back of my mind as an option.
    I suppose it’s technically it’s not depositing points into II anyway, MVC is converting the points to a week and depositing the week.

This does seem like a viable option for leftover points for those of us who don’t want insurance, don’t need airline points and don’t golf. I’m going to give it a try and if I can’t find something to do with the week over the next 2 years it doesn’t cost me anything more than wasting points now. So this all works fine for me.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    3wheelin likes this.
  11. bazzap

Fair enough and good luck.
    It would certainly be useful to have a viable option for leftover points, especially as UK residents we don’t even have the insurance option available.
    I would really want this confirmed in writing by MVC though before depending on it for any significant number of points due to expire.

12. Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse TUG Member

I’ll try to remember to post once I’ve done it.
    I really will only “choose” this option when I have no other choice.
    Hopefully as I get more experience with the combination of weeks and points I will use them more efficiently.

Thanks again everyone for the help.

13. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

MVC is depositing a week equivalent to the points. This means a week is being deposited and not points, right? It’s a weeks reservation deposit.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  14. Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse TUG Member

Yes, exactly. It is not a points exchange on II, it is a week’s exchange. Sorry my postings and title may not have been clear on that. I have always understood it was a week exchange.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  15. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I wonder if they are depositing a new week or perhaps transferring a previously deposited week that was perhaps previously bulk banked? I suppose it could be some of each.

16. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Most likely a transfer until those are used up.