• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC Ownership / Marriott Rewards Status conversions after 8/18/2018

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Day to day things on my account are changing. I was lifetime gold and platinum elite (for the last 7 years). My account showed me as lifetime platinum elite on Monday. It now longer shows a lifetime status. It went away soon after I combined my Starwood account. I am not going to try and figure out the day to day changes. At some point the dust will settle and I am confident it will be right or I can make it right. In the meanwhile since I am platinum elite earned from 2017, it shouldn't impact anything I do until it gets straightened out. Hard to be upset with IT because it is a huge change. It is hard to be upset with Customer Service for not knowing what is going on. Marriott's lack of training for Customer Service in preparation for the transition causes me to scratch my head and is harder for me to be understanding with.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree site changes daily without consistency. I am disappointed in the customer service reps. They do not seem to know criteria as well as able to help with reservations.

I have not been able to make reservations or check current reservations. This was an issue this week. I could not remember location of my reservation. Multiple Aloft locations in same city. I needed to call locations to determine correct site. No help from Marriott. Normally I check app for address.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of a mere week owner? I have gold from previous years just by sheer number of stays. Didn’t know the program crossed over to MVC Ownership.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prior 08/18/18: Platinum Elite because of MVCI ownership AND Lifetime Gold, two+ years more to get Lifetime Platinum Elite.
On 08/18/18: On the Marriott iPhone app under My Account it says Platinum Premier Elite. On the next My Account page under Lifetime Status it says Lifetime Platinum Elite. On the Marriott website is says Platinum Premier Elite with an infinity sign.
Apparently the dust is still settling...

Why? MVCI ownership is not lifetime. Your status is correctly Platinum Premier. Just like the app and Marriott website says. Lifetime status is a different status and is not necessarily the same. Why do you think it is wrong, from your description, it's correct. You were mapped from Platinum and Lifetime Gold.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Why? MVCI ownership is not lifetime. Your status is correctly Platinum Premier. Just like the app and Marriott website says. Lifetime status is a different status and is not necessarily the same. Why do you think it is wrong, from your description, it's correct. You were mapped from Platinum and Lifetime Gold.
Correct, LT gold in the old system became LT Platinum in the new. DC ownership status is granting the Platinum Premier.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boom! I just checked this evening and my status how shows Platinum Premier. Earlier today it was just Platinum.

I’d be interested to see how many individuals fall into each category now.

Pocky87

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club AP
Spoke to the AP customer rep earlier on saying that the status match is valid till 2018 only and no confirmation of what is 2019 and beyond.
Seem like new status level match will be different for those who achieved on and after 18/8/18... Anyone can further verify that?

Interestingly when I was browsing through clause 1.7c in the Marriott Rewards T&Cs; it's missing... don't really know what's inside the content of clause 1.7c...

Praying that they will retain platinum for the old select members...

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Boom! I just checked this evening and my status how shows Platinum Premier. Earlier today it was just Platinum.

Yes, I guess it just shows that we need not have worried about this after all and would probably have best not even looked at our accounts in the days immediately after the 18th.
I am sure we all did though - haha.
My wife’s account also changed overnight from Platinum to Platinum Premier.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are now Platinum Elite good or bad ?

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
platinum in SPG has been awesome but it sounds like everyone is platinum of some sort in the new system so maybe won't be so awesome. we like the upgraded rooms and free breakfast

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean

Steve, my Platinum Premier Elite (with the infinity symbol) is showing up on the page today as well. Also, when I went down a bit further, my lifetime status was shown...

You are Lifetime Platinum Elite

Maybe I should take a screen print of this page in case it changes tomorrow (or in the future). LOL.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I just combined my MRP and SPG accounts and my lifetime status changed to Platinum. Prior to the combination I only had 595 nights and 7 years, so the 3 years I’ve been Platinum and nights in SPG got me to the 10 year threashhold for Platinum.

Mike

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
Update from my previous post on Wednesday (#19). I am now officially Platinum Premier Elite!

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Correct, LT gold in the old system became LT Platinum in the new. DC ownership status is granting the Platinum Premier.

DC ownership and/or Presidential status?, I being the later. Does that mean that I am Platinum Premier Elite forever, at lease as long as I have my MOC weeks?

jeff76543

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are Platinum Premier Elite as long as MVC and Marriott do not change their present agreement ;) (we have no way of knowing whether that will happen in the future - and forever is a long time) and as long as your MVC status remains at least Presidential. :)

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Before the end of this year I will qualify for LT Platinum Elite (over 600 nights and 10+ Platinum status). Dose that mean my LT Platinum Elite will go to LT Platinum Premier Elite?

Lifetime Platinum Premier requires 750 nights prior to December 31, 2018. Lifetime PP will not be offered in future years.