TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

MVC Owner website changes

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by jont, Oct 11, 2017.

1. jont

jont TUG Member

I just got an email from MVC touting the following:
    Bold text is mine

"You asked for an improved reservation experience and we're turning your request into reality. As part of our commitment to vacation ownership excellence, we're delivering several additional enhancements to our Owner website.

But this is just the beginning. Watch for future website enhancements for weeks owners reserving their week(s).

Owners enrolled in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program can now search all vacations that use Vacation Club Points BEFORE electing to trade their week for Vacation Club Points. Also, Vacation Club Point Owners can search for availability regardless of their Vacation Club Points balance. We know you'll love those changes PLUS the following enhancements..."

It's about time. not sure why this hasn't been available a long time ago

bazzap likes this.
  2. bazzap

bazzap TUG Member

Great news, if I understand this correctly - no longer will I have to phone to check availability before deciding whether to elect for points or not.

3. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land, Marriott Destination Club Points
    That is great news.. I always found it frustrating that i could only see availability for my point balance. In a lot of ways i would think this might help them sell additional points to people. I know with HGVC i can always see whats available, even if i don't have the points. That just made me want to add some points to get the resort or view i wanted.

4. Fasttr

Fasttr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Ocean
    MVC Trust Points
    Sorry to say....but unless this went out before the enhancements were triggered...which I doubt.... I think this is the same enhancement we have had for a few months now...since their last upgrade. I just did a test...and you can still only see a listing of villa sizes available (1BR, 2BR, etc) on the calendar days shown, but it still does not appear to allow you to select a specific check in date to see exactly what villa size and view type combo is available and how many points that will run you if you don't have the points available in your account.

5. davidvel

davidvel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
    My experience as well. No changes seen. :wall:

6. Fasttr

Fasttr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Ocean
    MVC Trust Points
    But on to the topic of "real news".....I ran across this Andy Warhol paining of jont in Savanna a couple weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 8:15 AM
    BreakingAway, klpca and jont like this.
  7. jont

jont TUG Member

Like far out man! What a handsome guy.

8. jme

jme TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts:
    Grande Ocean x 6
    Barony x 2
    OceanWatch x 1
    Manor Club x 1
    Waterside by Spin x 2
    Sheraton Bdwy Plnt x 2
    ChurchStInnCharleston2
    wow, it's a classic for sure.......wonder how much $$,$$$,$$$ it'll go for?

by any chance is it titled "Dude Moods"?

9. hangloose

hangloose Guest

I saw this email today, and got excited. I'm one who really hates not being able to see inventory down to the exact view and size for any day at any resort....with any number of DC pts. However, after further glance at the website...I see no difference. What a disappointment. Boo to MVC IT departments user experience team.

10. ACP

ACP TUG Member

I too had the same email, unfortunately there were no instructions on where to find the cool Any Warhol pic, we're in Hilton Head in May, so looks like we may have to visit a few bars (Bummer).

As for the MVC site, seems to work, they've even added "We've made changes based on your feedback, please tell us what you think."

11. MALC9990

MALC9990 TUG Member

Great email, the new online booking facility for points looks nice. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. Server error right at the end when you click to make the booking. Back to using the telephone today.

12. alexb

alexb TUG Member

Not working for me either sent email to Marriott yesterday no response so far

13. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers Guest

For me I see a difference as I can now search availability for 2018 even though I have no points available there yet. Unless I missed it last time but I remember checking it a few months ago and I was not able to do this. I'm sure your request is next in line for their "future enhancements". :banana:

14. hangloose

hangloose Guest

Great. I didn't check that. That is another one of my pet peeves, not being able to check inventory prior to selecting DC pts. Good to hear they are perhaps moving in the right direction to close the gap. I just wish they would close the others in a more expedient fashion. I'm really unsure what the value to them of not showing immediate inventory down to the exact day, view, size To you point...I hope that is coming in the next "future enhancement". Fingers crossed.

15. Superchief

Superchief TUG Member

I've used it a few time and really like the improved search functions. When I try to book, I'm given options to choose how to allocate points, including using banked points. However, every time I try to allocate the banked points, I receive an error message and have to start all over. I then have to redo the reservation and select current year points to confirm the reservation, and then call MVC to switch point allocation.

16. bazzap

bazzap TUG Member

It is not just the website having problems.
    Just trying to call Owner Services on the normal number to make a booking.
    I get the recorded message
    “The number you have dialled has been disconnected or is no longer in service”
    The same if I use their Click to Talk facility to get a callback.
    Wonderful!

Update: although it was still a very strange recorded message, it seems that Storm Ophelia took out all the phone lines at our local Owner Services in Cork.
    After almost 2 hours, I was routed through to the US half expecting everything I wanted to be already gone because of the delay.
    Thankfully though, I still got the 2 weeks in St Kitts and 2 weeks in Phuket that I wanted, so all is well that ends well.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 11:09 AM
  17. ACP

ACP TUG Member

The Sun Always shines on you Barry - You Lucky Man

18. bazzap

bazzap TUG Member

Thank you.
    It was certainly very pleasing to confirm these today, as I will be on a train next Monday and a plane the following Monday, so it would have been far more of a challenge trying to book then.