• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Must I have two II accounts?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I just acquired a Sheraton Broadway Plantation unit from a generous TUGGER. I already have an II account that is paid up through 2023.
I tried to get the SBP week deposited into my existing account and I was told that to take advantage of the gold plus timeline (no points or Staroptions came with this unit) I would have to open an account with the VSN division. If they added the SBP week to my current account, it would just go in as a floating week with the resort deciding what week to assign me. The rep warned me that if the 2019 week that came with the unit was deposited less than 60 days out, it would carry the restrictions. Greater than 60 days out would be a week with lesser trading power this year.
I then asked if I opened another II account with SVN, could I transfer over the other account I have. No one seemed to be able to answer me.
Has anyone had any experience with trying to merge accounts? Or do I have to maintain 2 memberships? TIA.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I don’t understand what the issue is actually. I have a SBP and I can’t choose which week I deposit.

I have three II accounts. The Hyatts have to be in the Hyatt account. My Marriott DC points are in yet another account. Both of these are corporate accounts and the II membership fee is rolled into the corporate “club” fees.

My non-enrolled Marriott week and my SBP week are in the third account. This is a non-corporate account that I pay the membership fee for.

It’s not an option that I could merge accounts, so I’ve never attempted it. But it’s not a problem for me to have my SBP in the same II account as a non-Vistana unit.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got this resale so I would have to pay for the Vistana account. I am just being cheap :)

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
I got this resale so I would have to pay for the Vistana account. I am just being cheap :)

My SBP is a resale as well. I don’t have a Vistana-specific II account.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Do you currently pay for your existing II account?

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you currently pay for your existing II account?
Yes, I’m paid through 2023.

My SBP is a resale as well. I don’t have a Vistana-specific II account.
Does Vistana deposit a random week for you, or do you reserve a week and deposit it?
Is your II account tied to the SBP week? There seemed to be an issue about my current account being tied to another resort. Which is really inaccurate, because I opened the account with a Foxrun week many years ago and then removed the week when I gave the unit away.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points

Does Vistana deposit a random week for you, or do you reserve a week and deposit it?
Is your II account tied to the SBP week? There seemed to be an issue about my current account being tied to another resort. Which is really inaccurate, because I opened the account with a Foxrun week many years ago and then removed the week when I gave the unit away.

Vistana deposits a random week in my season as I understand it. I cannot choose a week and deposit that. Historically you could. But this changed years ago.

My II account is not tied to the SBP week. I opened the II account with the SBP week and added the Marriott Barony week to it several years later. As far as I know, a personal non-corporate account is the account you’d add your SBP to.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You should then be able to add your Vistana resale week to that same account. You may need to get hold of a rep at II that understands Vistana ownership better. Chances are when you called, they based your calls routing on your current ownership and you got a more generic rep that doesn't understand how Vistana truly works and that you can't in fact even open an II account associated with Vistana. Your new week needs to go in to your current individual II account.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You were given bad info - with a resale you cannot have a VSE II Account - you only get that with a mandatory week. I'd call back and ask for the Vistana desk.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
heathpack has it correct in post #2.

Vistana corporate accounts (i.e "free" Interval accounts) are for developer purchases and mandatory resales only.

All other Vistana resale weeks need an independent (i.e. you pay for) Interval account.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all for your answers. I was on the phone for over an hour with joint reps from the VSN desk and from the regular section. Vistana sent me the email giving me the number of the VSN desk, telling me to deposit there.

If I were to add the week to my regular II account, would I still get a preference and the discounted fee for affiliated properties?

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Thank you all for your answers. I was on the phone for over an hour with joint reps from the VSN desk and from the regular section. Vistana sent me the email giving me the number of the VSN desk, telling me to deposit there.

If I were to add the week to my regular II account, would I still get a preference and the discounted fee for affiliated properties?

Yes.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Another point is that it isn't exactly that Vistana will deposit a random week. That is technically what happens behind the scenes as multiple bulk deposits not specifically associated with any members specific account both for those resale owners (of float weeks) and for VSN member (with a corporate account) but what you get is a generically deposit credit with a blended value based on the season. No float owners can choose a week to deposit. If you have a reserved week in your season, you have to cancel that reservation before you can deposit the generic week credit for both the resale owner and direct VSN enrolled owner/member. Flex owners have a different exchange method as do true fixed week owners.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your helpful answers.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update - I called back a few days later to the general II number and got a knowledgeable rep. He said there was no problem adding the account and that he would submit it for verification to the resort. A couple days later the unit was added to the account as a week 54 and the deposit was made with an expiration of 12/31/2021.