• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MROP - impact on RCI standing and trading power?

AnnaO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powder Ridge Village
After years of utilizing our ski timeshare at our own resort, time has come to start exchanging (granddaughter going to school). I checked the resort is a part of RCI (found number on their site), so I joined RCI and attempted to deposit my week. First I was told by RCI only the resort can do this. The resort manager said, hell no. I called RCI again and was passed around and put on hold for a good part of an hour. The last rep said they just discovered I need to be send to another rep who deals with MROP. While on hold, I googled MROP and found out it's because the resort is managed by VRI. Indeed, that new rep turned out to be VRI. The VRI rep said she did not understand why I was sent to her, since I already have the reservation in my hand. She thinks they could not see past the floating week and did not understand I already have reservations fixed for the next 2 years. She put m eon hold again and advised to call RCI again..... Why am I getting such a runaround? Does anyone have an experience with this? Will there be an impact to my trading power when they finally let me deposit my week? I am on the verge of cancelling my RCI membership.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
After years of utilizing our ski timeshare at our own resort, time has come to start exchanging (granddaughter going to school)..... The VRI rep said she did not understand why I was sent to her, since I already have the reservation in my hand. She thinks they could not see past the floating week and did not understand I already have reservations fixed for the next 2 years. She put m eon hold again and advised to call RCI again..... Why am I getting such a runaround? Does anyone have an experience with this? Will there be an impact to my trading power when they finally let me deposit my week? I am on the verge of cancelling my RCI membership.

probably just too many newbie customer service reps .

Also - if RCI Call centre management does that thing where you rank peoples performance by how many call they take per hour :
then taking the time to properly research an answer may cost them in their performance review .
<The result being: on average a lower quality of customer service / with better performance reviews for the staff . Sort of the call centre version of the Peter Principle >

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I owned a MROP Week years ago (pre VRI). Back then it was simple. All I had to do was use my MROP Ownership to select a Week at one of the MROP Resorts and then deposit that Week into RCI. It was a simple process. I could be wrong but I get the feeling you are trying to deposit your MROP Ownership rather than the specific MROP Week you selected into RCI. I could be wrong. Maybe things have changed since I sold my MROP Week...

George

AnnaO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powder Ridge Village
I owned a MROP Week years ago (pre VRI). Back then it was simple. All I had to do was use my MROP Ownership to select a Week at one of the MROP Resorts and then deposit that Week into RCI. It was a simple process. I could be wrong but I get the feeling you are trying to deposit your MROP Ownership rather than the specific MROP Week you selected into RCI. I could be wrong. Maybe things have changed since I sold my MROP Week...

George
I explicitly said to each and every one of the RCI reps I was passed to "I am holding the reservation in my hand, why can't I just deposit this week", to which I kept being told it was my resort (or VRI) who needs to deposit it. And VRI and resort were saying it's RCI who needs to deposit it. And that's the standoff on which things ended for the holiday break. If I don't get a resolution by Monday. I am canceling the RCI membership and getting my money back and starting over with II. It was a tossup which exchange company to register with, RCI application seems easier so I picked it, but it was an illusion.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
What exactly do you own. I see Powder Ridge Village in your profile. Do you own a fixed week? A floating week? Is the week in MROP? I own a week at a VRI managed resort. It's a rotating fixed week, but its not in MROP. A few years ago I called to deposit it and had to get a rep to find the proper RCI code. This was strange because I had deposited it previously using the RCI code for the resort. After a little while on hold the rep came back on and said that she'd found the correct code. It was the MROP master account, even though my weeks not in MROP. Anyway since then I've had no trouble depositing. The only thing is I can only deposit by phone, not on the website. The process is I call into RCI with my week for that year, then they assign the code to it. The deposit then shows in my account as MROP master account. When I check later the deposit shows as the resort I deposited.

Jeff C

AnnaO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powder Ridge Village
What exactly do you own. I see Powder Ridge Village in your profile. Do you own a fixed week? A floating week? Is the week in MROP? I own a week at a VRI managed resort. It's a rotating fixed week, but its not in MROP. A few years ago I called to deposit it and had to get a rep to find the proper RCI code. This was strange because I had deposited it previously using the RCI code for the resort. After a little while on hold the rep came back on and said that she'd found the correct code. It was the MROP master account, even though my weeks not in MROP. Anyway since then I've had no trouble depositing. The only thing is I can only deposit by phone, not on the website. The process is I call into RCI with my week for that year, then they assign the code to it. The deposit then shows in my account as MROP master account. When I check later the deposit shows as the resort I deposited.

Jeff C

Thanks, Jeff, this is helpful. I own two weeks in Powder Ridge Village. They do have a resort number at RCI, which is what I used to register. They are floating, gold (ski) season weeks. It's managed by VRI, but not MROP. I have reservations fixed for next two years and that's what I was trying to deposit. I absolutely hated the RCI process. Spending over an hour on the phone and being passed from rep to rep and sent from RCI to VRI and back and over again. After all that it's still unresolved. I just checked my RCI account and it still has no weeks available for deposit. I am calling today to cancel my RCI membership and getting my money back. I will then try II and hope it goes better.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good luck with II. I use it also, but not for my VRI property. I've gotten several good exchanges with them. Including multiple Marriot properties.

Jeff C

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Do you own a deeded Powder Ridge Week of a MROP Week? If this is confusing to me, it may be the reason RCI is struggling with your request. When I owned my Red MROP Week I had access to Powder Ridge but my ownership was MROP and if I wanted Powder Ridge, I had to select it during their Open Reservation Season...

George

AnnaO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powder Ridge Village
I'm confused. Do you own a deeded Powder Ridge Week of a MROP Week? If this is confusing to me, it may be the reason RCI is struggling with your request. When I owned my Red MROP Week I had access to Powder Ridge but my ownership was MROP and if I wanted Powder Ridge, I had to select it during their Open Reservation Season...

George
I own two deeded Powder Ridge weeks and have reservations for 2020 and 2021 ski season. And I told them so. Do not ask me why RCI classified it as MROP. As per jeff's response above, it's likely because Powder Ridge is managed by VRI.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think this is an RCI generated issue. As I said in my post; I could deposit my week, Sweetwater at Kauai, using the RCI code for the resort. Then one year I kept getting an email that the week couldn't be verified. When I called the rep couldn't figure out why the verification wouldn't work. After some back and forth she applied the MROP code and it worked. No idea how or why. The code was added to my account and since then no problems. VRI manages MROP but not all VRI weeks are in MROP. Why RCI needs to code through MROP makes no sense, but it works.

BBENN2002

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powder Ridge Village
After years of utilizing our ski timeshare at our own resort, time has come to start exchanging (granddaughter going to school). I checked the resort is a part of RCI (found number on their site), so I joined RCI and attempted to deposit my week. First I was told by RCI only the resort can do this. The resort manager said, hell no. I called RCI again and was passed around and put on hold for a good part of an hour. The last rep said they just discovered I need to be send to another rep who deals with MROP. While on hold, I googled MROP and found out it's because the resort is managed by VRI. Indeed, that new rep turned out to be VRI. The VRI rep said she did not understand why I was sent to her, since I already have the reservation in my hand. She thinks they could not see past the floating week and did not understand I already have reservations fixed for the next 2 years. She put m eon hold again and advised to call RCI again..... Why am I getting such a runaround? Does anyone have an experience with this? Will there be an impact to my trading power when they finally let me deposit my week? I am on the verge of cancelling my RCI membership.
Anna, how has your experience been owning a timeshare with Powder Ridge Village? I'm thinking of buying a week so I could go over Christmas every year, but Ive never purchased a Timeshare before. I know there is am 800 yearly resort charge, are there any other fees I should know about? How hard do you think it would be to get a Christmas week every year, its a two bed two bath. Thanks for your valuable insight. Bobby