• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2014] Most plausible explanation of mystery of Malasyian Flight 370

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
MH370 Relatives Go to Madagascar in Search of Debris
From BBC News/ Asia/ bbc.com

"Relatives of those who died on board Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 are travelling to Madagascar to lobby for the search for debris from the missing aircraft to be expanded.

They said in advance of their trip that if necessary, they would take the search into their own hands.

All debris thought to be from the plane has so far been found in east Africa..."

_92815826_6b821ce6-69d7-409f-9fe1-43b02e821c3f.jpg

Relatives are pointing out that it is now more than 1,000 days since the mysterious disappearance of MH370

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Families of Flight MH370 Victims Offer Reward for Debris
By Christopher Torchia, Associated Press/ AP/ apnewsarchive.com

"ANTANANARIVO, Madagascar (AP) — Anyone who finds a piece of debris from a Malaysia Airlines plane that is believed to have crashed in the southern Indian Ocean in 2014 could receive a financial reward, relatives of those who were on the plane said Monday in Madagascar.

A group of relatives who traveled to the island nation off the southeast coast of Africa made the offer in hopes that residents will scour some coastal areas of Madagascar, where possible parts of Flight MH370 washed ashore.

Meanwhile, a Malaysian official investigating the disappearance of the Boeing 777 was in Madagascar's capital, Antananarivo, to pick up debris that has already been found and will be analyzed to see if it came from the aircraft.

"The more debris we find, the easier it will be to find where the crash happened," said Ghislain Wattrelos, a Frenchman who lost his wife and two of his three children when the plane deviated from its flight path from Malaysia to Beijing and vanished on March 8, 2014.

Malaysia, Australia and China are close to completing a deep-sea sonar search, so far unsuccessful, of 120,000 square kilometers (46,000 square miles) off Australia's southwest coast in the Indian Ocean. They say they will suspend operations if there is no new evidence that could help pinpoint the crash site. Relatives of the missing believe the search should continue.

Wattrelos, as well as two people who lost their mothers on the flight — Grace Nathan of Malaysia and Jiang Hui of China — spoke at a news conference in Antananarivo. They did not specify how much money might be given to someone who finds a confirmed piece of Flight MH370, saying it depends on the significance of the debris and the limited resources of the families.

"Everything is funded by us," said Wattrelos, a business executive...."

CBImages

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Possible MH370 Debris Found By Relative of Disappeared Passenger
By Aislinn Laing in Johannesburg/ Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370/ The Guardian/ the guardian.com

"A Chinese man who travelled to Madagascar in search of answers to the disappearance of his mother on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has found a possible piece of debris from the plane during a search of the country’s beaches.

Jiang Hui, 44, is one of seven relatives who flew to the Indian Ocean island on Saturday to raise awareness of the debris that has been washing up on its beaches in ever-increasing amounts and conduct preliminary searches.

He found a small white and sand-coloured piece of board in a rocky cove at the end of Riake beach on north-eastern Île Sainte-Marie, where a significant amount of the debris thought to be from MH370 has already been discovered. “I felt excited but at the same time it was saddening,” he said. “It is a small piece and will not really be able to show what happened to the plane but I hope so much that the authorities of Malaysia, China and Australia will try to find more so they can find out.”..."

2592.jpg

Jiang Hui, whose mother disappeared on board the Malaysia Airlines flight, examines a potential piece of debris. Photograph: Stringer/Reuters

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Investigators Are Making Their Final Sweep of MH370 Search Area
By Tom Westbrook, Reuters/ Business Insider/ businessinsider.com

"SYDNEY (Reuters) - Investigators looking for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 are making their last sweep of the search area in the Indian Ocean, Australian authorities leading the search said on Wednesday.

Flight MH370 disappeared in March 2014 with 239 passengers and crew on board, most of them Chinese, en route to Beijing from the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur. Its whereabouts have become one of the world's greatest aviation mysteries.

Flight MH370 disappeared in March 2014 with 239 passengers and crew on board, most of them Chinese, en route to Beijing from the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur. Its whereabouts have become one of the world's greatest aviation mysteries...."

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Flight MH370 Families Urge Mauritians To Be On Alert for Debris
From Reuters/ World News/ reuters.com

"Relatives of victims of a Malaysian Airlines flight that vanished in 2014 urged the people of Mauritius on Wednesday to be on lookout for plane debris that might wash ashore in the Indian Ocean island state and hand in anything to authorities.

Flight MH370, carrying 239 passengers and crew, disappeared on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, sparking an international search in the southern Indian Ocean that continues today.

"We hope more people will find more debris which could help to determine the location of the wreckage," Hui Jiang, who lost his mother on the plane, told a news conference in the Mauritian capital Port Louis...."

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MH370: Plane 'Not Likely to Be in Search Area', Say Investigators
From BBC News/ World/ Australia/ bbc.com

"Experts leading the hunt for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have said the plane is unlikely to be found in the current search area, and recommended looking further north.

No trace of the plane has been recovered in the southern Indian Ocean, after more than two years of searching.

MH370 disappeared while flying to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur with 239 people on board in 2014.

With the search to end soon, Australian officials say it will not be extended...."

_93039451_fa15722a-87d4-40f5-8b23-a7154332a6f4.jpg

AP
Image caption The search in the Indian Ocean began immediately after the disappearance of MH370 in March 2014

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Missing Malaysian Aircraft Is Likely Outside the Search Area, Report Finds
By Geoff Brumfiel/ International/ The Two-Way: Breaking News from NPR/ National Public Radio/ npr.org

"The wreckage of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is probably outside the stretch of ocean that international search ships have scoured for the past two years, a "first principles review" has concluded.

The findings, based on a fresh analysis of satellite data, recovered debris and other information, suggest that the plane may in fact lie within a roughly 10,000-square-mile (25,000-square-km) patch to the north of the existing search area.

"The experts concluded that, if this area were to be searched, prospective areas for locating the aircraft wreckage, based on all the analysis to date, would be exhausted," the report states. But it's unclear whether the search will be extended to cover the additional area...."

search-area_custom-63127a74de28438bc89e346f8d7c64d31a7374e1-s800-c85.jpg

The newly identified area of interest in the Indian Ocean (orange) lies to the north of the current one (purple).

ATSB

barnacles-23dec2015-mh370-opdrifsel-b2ab18d83b5a889816077d1fa7e6e1da4f6ce274-s300-c85.jpg

A piece of engine cowling covered in barnacles recovered from a South African beach. Debris such as this has led to a revision of the search area.

ATSB

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MH370: Search for Vanished Malaysian Airliner Suspended
From BBC News/ Malaysian Digest/ Malaysiandigest.com

"The search for the Malaysian airliner that disappeared three years ago with 239 on board has been suspended.

In a statement, Australia, Malaysia and China said the decision was taken with "sadness" after a fruitless search in more than 120,000 sq km (46,300 miles) of the Indian Ocean.

Families of the victims called it an "irresponsible" move that must be reconsidered.

Flight MH370 vanished en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur in 2014...."

_84574651_mh370_debris_simulation_624map.png

Pic:BBC

Richard

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a very sad ending to a story, I just pray that someone will find something so the loved one left and can have closure.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Australia Defends End of MH370 Hunt; Investigation Continues
By Kristen Gelineau, Associated Press/ hosted.ap.org

"SYDNEY (AP) -- Australia's Transport Minister Darren Chester said on Wednesday that experts will continue analyzing data and scrutinizing debris washing ashore from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in a bid to narrow down where it crashed in the southern Indian Ocean. But Chester declined to specify what kind of breakthrough would convince officials to resume the search for the missing airliner that was suspended this week after almost three fruitless years of searching.

"When we get some information or data or a breakthrough that leads us to a specific location, the experts will know it when they see it," he told reporters in the southern city of Melbourne.

The sonar seabed search ended on Tuesday, possibly forever - not because investigators have run out of leads, but because the countries involved in the expensive and vast deep-sea hunt have shown no appetite for opening another big phase...."

6e6d1303998642d894fc1efabebe4967_0-small.jpg

AP Photo/Joshua Paul

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Flight MH370: Another Search Still Possible, Australia Says

"Australia's transport minister has said the search for flight MH370 could resume in the future, but only if "credible new evidence" emerges.

Australia, Malaysia and China ended the Indian Ocean hunt on Tuesday, almost three years after the jet went missing.

Darren Chester on Wednesday said Australia did not rule out another search, but he stressed he did not want to provide false hope.

He also defended the suspension following criticism from relatives...."

_93641625_mediaitem93641624.jpg

A massive search operation was launched after the plane vanished

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MH370 Search: Does Debris Solve the Mystery?
From BBC News/ Asia/ August 6, 2015/ bbc.com

"Malaysian authorities have said an aeroplane part found on the island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean did come from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

International investigators were more cautious, however, saying only there were "very strong" indications this was the case..."

_84686137_mh370_flaperon_624inv2.jpg

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MH370: The Key Pieces of Debris Found By the Public

"The underwater search for flight MH370 has ended, with no trace of the Malaysian Airlines plane being found.

While the search has been going on, more than 20 pieces of possible debris have been found by members of the public, on the African coast and islands in the Indian Ocean. Most have been handed in to French authorities or the Australian Transport Safety Bureau which has been co-ordinating the search (ATSB).

So far only a handful have been confirmed as "definitely" or "almost certainly" from the doomed plane..."

_92159002_16b186bc-fb00-46af-b737-d3130aba4c5a.jpg

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Flight MH370 'Made Rapid Descent'
From BBC News/World-Asia/ bbc.com

"Flight MH370 most likely made a rapid and uncontrolled descent into the Indian Ocean, a new report says.

The Boeing 777 disappeared while flying to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur with 239 people on board in March 2014.

Despite an extensive search no trace of the plane's fuselage has been found.

But the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) said analysis of two recovered wing flaps showed they were not in the landing position when the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.

Satellite data also indicated a "high and increasing rate of descent", said the report..."

_92222029_hi035330393.jpg

Australian experts have examined this wing flap which was found off the Tanzanian coast

Richard

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
They should keep looking until they find it IMHO. If it were my loved one on that plane I'd want nothing less. No way should the relatives have to fund their own search.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Not to be indelicate, but any physical remains left at this point are going to be very minimal. A fortune has already been spent on the search, not to mention the commitment of other resources. If my family member was involved I would have been ready to let it go - long ago. At this point, I would prefer to see the resources used for living people.

However, I understand that some of the families involved may belong to faiths that require the proper internment of remains, and I get that too.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They should keep looking until they find it IMHO. If it were my loved one on that plane I'd want nothing less. No way should the relatives have to fund their own search.
Who is this 'they'? I can certainly sympathize with family members wanting closure, but in reality, Australian, Indonesian (where the flight originated), Chinese (where it was headed), Japanese, and other countries have spent millions and millions on this search. Unless and until some substantive evidence appears that provides a more exact location than 'It's in the Indian Ocean' give it a rest. Authorities have said that when and if such evidence appears, the search an be re-started, but to continue just sonar scanning one of the world's biggest spaces makes a needle-in-a-haystack search, easy. The cost of the search is clearly beyond the resources of the families of the lost, but why should the rest of the world's population have to fund it? Over the centuries, humankind has lost people in every form of conveyance, on land, sea, and in the air. Stuff happens. Let it go. This will be one of this generations' great mysteries. So it goes.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I agree with Jim. ^^^ It's not as if they haven't TRIED to find things - for nearly three years. Enough, already. Kind of like the MIA from war zones, who will never be returned. It's time to pay your respects, say your goodbyes, and move on with things.

Dave

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to be indelicate, but any physical remains left at this point are going to be very minimal. A fortune has already been spent on the search, not to mention the commitment of other resources. If my family member was involved I would have been ready to let it go - long ago. At this point, I would prefer to see the resources used for living people.

However, I understand that some of the families involved may belong to faiths that require the proper internment of remains, and I get that too.

That's true about the remains, but I don't think I could go on thinking about my child, husband, mother, father, etc. lost on the bottom of the ocean somewhere :( I get that it's a needle in a haystack, but I 100% understand why the relatives want the needle in a haystack search continued. It's about answers. They want to know what happened, and some absolutely need that for closure. I hope they find some reason to restart the search in the future.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's Getting Harder For a Plane to Vanish and Not Be Found
By Joan Lowy/ Associated Press/ McClatchy DC/ mcclatchydc.com

"Washington - Nearly three years after a Malaysian airliner vanished, it's still possible, if unlikely, for a plane to disappear. But that's changing with new satellites that will soon allow flights to be tracked in real time over oceans.

New international safety standards also begin to kick-in beginning next year, although the deadline for airlines to meet most of the standards is still four years away. Even then, it could be decades before the changes permeate the entire global airline fleet because some of the requirements apply only to newly manufactured planes...."

Malaysia_Missing_Plane_Whats_Changed_51902.jpg

FILE - In this March 31, 2014 file photo, HMAS Success scans the southern Indian Ocean, near the coast of Western Australia, as a Royal New Zealand Air Force P3 Orion flies over, while searching for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370. Nearly three years after a Malaysian airliner vanished, it’s still possible, if unlikely, for a plane to disappear. But that’s changing with new satellites that will soon allow flights to be tracked in real time over oceans. Rob Griffith, File AP Photo

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Search for Missing Plane Ends But a Grieving Husband's Journey Goes On
By Moni Basu/ World/ CNN/ cnn.com

"(CNN)This time, the terrible news came in an email.

At least it wasn't a text, like the hasty, solitary line that exploded K.S. Narendran's world almost three years ago: "We deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived."

His wife of 25 years, Chandrika Sharma, was one of the 239 people aboard the Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared after takeoff from Kuala Lumpur en route to Beijing on March 8, 2014.
On Tuesday, Narendran learned the search for the missing plane had been suspended. He saw the email a little before noon at his home in the southeastern Indian city of Chennai.
"An email is an improvement over an SMS message," he posted on Facebook. "So, small mercies in an otherwise difficult period."...."

140611160209-mh370-narendran-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

K.S. Narendran is no closer to knowing what happened to his wife, a passenger on MH370.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MH370: Transport Ministers Defend Suspending Search For Missing Plane
By Elle Hunt and Agencies/ Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370/ World/ The Guardian/ theguardian.com

"As the search vessel Fugro Equator returned to port for the last time, officials from Australia, Malaysia and China denied that the effort had been a failure.

Transport ministers for Australia, Malaysia and China have defended their decision to suspend the search for the the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 in the Indian Ocean.

The AU$160m (£97.5m) deep-sea sonar search off Australia’s west coast was called off last week after no trace of the plane was found in an 120,000sq km (46,000sq mile) area.

The Fugro Equator search vessel returned to port in Perth for the last time on Monday, where it was was met by the three transport ministers.

But the Australian transport minister, Darren Chester, denied that the effort had been a failure, saying crews had managed to eliminate the search zone as a possible crash site.

He and the Chinese transport minister, Li Xiaopeng‎, thanked officials for their efforts.

3900.jpg

Malaysian transport minister Liow Tiong Lai in front of the Fugro Equator, one of the vessels involved in the MH370 underwater search. Photograph: Richard Wainwright/EPA

Richard