• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

More HHV Info

HatTrick

Reaction score
If memory serves, the pool itself may not span the entire building, but the pool area does.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Can you see the ocean from the last unit on the marina side?

Floor Plan Location: "A" on 3rd to 23rd floor is considered gardenview. It is the corner unit near the garage on the pool/marina side. The floorplan from post #5 shows that the lanai is blocked by the building. Is the view totally blocked by the building or do you get a partial oceanview?

Views from the Grand Waikikian by Jestme and BMack show the problem. You can also see from the picture that the penthouse view may be blocked.
http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hi2009035de9.jpg
http://home.i-zoom.net/~dfworrall/web/Waikikian/Marina view.JPG

HatTrick

Reaction score
I took this photo from the "A" unit's marina-side lanai.

UnitAView.jpg

Last edited:

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Length of the new paradise pool

Does anyone know if the new Paradise Pool extends along the full entire length of the Lagoon Tower?
If not, where does it end? Just before the elevators? Some where between "J" and "K"? Some where between "I" and "J"?

Hey Always
I checked on this for you today, and here's the info. The actual pool only goes to about the 2nd balcony from the south end of the building (the end closest to the lagoon). The pool area ends with the path that leads into the Lagoon Tower, which is just between the timeshare's shop and the elevators. Thus, the whole pool area does not extend to the elevators (which are only the north 1/3 of the tower). The waterfall, which is pretty loud, is at the end of the pool closest to the elevators, though. Our first room was in the 2nd balcony, so pretty much right over the pool, on the 6th floor. Very loud.

Enjoy your stay. When are you coming?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hey Always
I checked on this for you today, and here's the info. The actual pool only goes to about the 2nd balcony from the south end of the building (the end closest to the lagoon). The pool area ends with the path that leads into the Lagoon Tower, which is just between the timeshare's shop and the elevators. Thus, the whole pool area does not extend to the elevators (which are only the north 1/3 of the tower). The waterfall, which is pretty loud, is at the end of the pool closest to the elevators, though. Our first room was in the 2nd balcony, so pretty much right over the pool, on the 6th floor. Very loud.

Enjoy your stay. When are you coming?

Thanks for checking Aptman :)

I'll be there this summer. We normally visit HHV during the fall. Due to limited summer availability, we have to split our stay with some nights in the two bedroom oceanfront and some nights in the two bedroom penthouse. LOL, I was starting to worry about the penthouse views from the back end of the building but HatTrick's photo from the previous post are great. Thank goodness, I don't have to worry about the pool noise with this trip.

Thanks again for all of the information on HHV. This will be very useful for anyone planning a trip.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Just adding to the info about HHV

Lagoon Tower Room Layouts for one, two and three bedrooms

hilton_1bed2.jpg

hilton_2bedov1.jpg

hilton_2bedof1.jpg

NOTE: The two bedroom garden view corner units look more like the 2 bedroom premium layout however the two balconies are on different sides of the building (see post #5). If I remember correctly one balcony is off of the dining room and the other balcony is off of the living room.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Penthouse Room Layouts

hilton_2bed_pen1.jpg

hilton_3bed_pen1.jpg

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Couldn't find a Lagoon Tower layout of the studios so here are some pics from tripadvisor

studio-suite-pic-3.jpg

studio-suite-pic-2.jpg

studio-suite-in-lagoon.jpg

danb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
HHV Info

The new pool ends at about the left of the elevators and goes around the front of the LT slightly. My wife did comment that there didn't appear to have enough deck area for the size of the pool but we will find out in July. We prefer the beach but do like a late afternoon dip.
After reading about the noise I called HGVC and requested at least one unit to be on the lagoon side. That way my 2yr old grandsons can nap without hearing th kids on the slides. They said they would try to accomodate us but don't promise anything. Also requested a higher floor if they couldn't give us the opposite side rooms. Hope they come thru.:shrug:

jestme

Reaction score
Couldn't find a Lagoon Tower layout of the studios so here are some pics from tripadvisor
I can confirm, those are great pictures of the Studios, on the Ilikai side of the building, with a King bed.
I haven't seen the two doubles on the Lagoon Lawn side of the building layout.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lagoon Tower Room Layouts for one, two and three bedrooms

hilton_1bed2.jpg

hilton_2bedov1.jpg

hilton_2bedof1.jpg

NOTE: The one bedroom garden view corner units look more like the 2 bedroom premium layout however the two balconies are on different sides of the building (see post #5). If I remember correctly one balcony is off of the dining room and the other balcony is off of the living room.

Penthouse Room Layouts

hilton_2bed_pen1.jpg

hilton_3bed_pen1.jpg

Thank you so very much!

Why HGVC can't put these on the HGVC site is beyond me!

HatTrick

Reaction score
NOTE: The two bedroom garden view corner units look more like the 2 bedroom premium layout however the two balconies are on different sides of the building (see post #5). If I remember correctly one balcony is off of the dining room and the other balcony is off of the living room.

Correct on both counts.

Hawaii 5-0

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, 2 bedroom premium is either oceanfront or penthouse? Can you confirm which one at time of booking?

HatTrick

Reaction score
Yes. The description of the unit that pops up tells you which type you're reserving.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
It's important to read the unit description in the popup window (which appears in the CLASSIC Reservation System when you take your cursor and hover over the unit type).

Here are some popup descriptions of the two bedroom HHV Lagoon villas. I've highlighted key words in blue font that provide more details regarding the type of room. Note: If no view is stated then it is a standard/garden view room except for the penthouse villas.

2 BEDROOM PREMIER
Spacious 2 bedroom/2 bathroom penthouse suite features king bed in master bedroom and two twins or two double beds in second bedroom, each with cable TV. Generous living area includes separate dining area, large TV with cable and DVD player and queen-size sleeper sofa. Suite also features full kitchen with microwave oven and rice steamer as well as complimentary high-speed Internet access and in-room safe. Maximum occupancy: 6

2 BEDROOM PREMIER
Spacious 2 bedroom/2 bathroom oceanfront suite features king bed in master bedroom and two twins beds in second bedroom, each with cable TV. Generous living area includes separate dining area, large TV with cable and DVD player and queen-size sleeper sofa. Suite also features full kitchen with microwave oven and rice steamer as well as complimentary high-speed Internet access and in-room safe. Maximum occupancy: 6

2 BEDROOM PLUS
Spacious 2 bedroom/2 bathroom ocean-view suite features large master bedroom with king bed. Second bedroom includes two double beds or king bed, as well as a convenient kitchenette, and can be easily locked off from the main living area to create a relaxing element of privacy. Generous living area includes cable TV with DVD player and queen-size sleeper sofa. Suite also features full kitchen with microwave oven and rice steamer as well as complimentary high-speed Internet access and in-room safe. Maximum occupancy: 6

2 BEDROOM GARDEN VIEW
Spacious 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite features king bed in master bedroom and two twins or two double beds in second bedroom, each with cable TV. Generous living area includes separate dining area, large TV with cable and DVD player and queen-size sleeper sofa. Suite also features full kitchen with microwave oven and rice steamer as well as complimentary high-speed Internet access and in-room safe. Maximum occupancy: 6

2 BEDROOM
Spacious 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite features king bed in master bedroom. Second bedroom is furnished with two twins, two double beds or king bed along with a convenient kitchenette. This bedroom can be easily locked off from the main living area to create a relaxing element of privacy. Generous living area includes cable TV with DVD player and queen-size sleeper sofa. Suite also features full kitchen with microwave oven and rice steamer as well as complimentary high-speed Internet access and in-room safe. Maximum occupancy: 6

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
3 bedroom lockoffs

From the same HHV HOA

Info on the Lagoon Studios
Floor Plan Location: "A" on 24th floor / Floor Area: 296 SF / Lanai: 98 SF (close to the lanai size of most villas except the corner and penthouse units)
Floor Plan Location: "D" on 24th floor / Floor Area: 270 SF / Lanai: 48 SF
Floor Plan Location: "K" on 24th floor / Floor Area: 265 SF / Lanai: 45 SF
Floor Plan Location: "D" on 3rd to 23rd floor / Floor Area: 305 SF / Lanai: 0 SF
Floor Plan Location: "K" on 3rd to 23rd floor / Floor Area: 311 SF / Lanai: 0 SF

NOTE: "A" on 3rd to 23rd floor is a regular two bedroom Garden View Villa however on the 24th floor (penthouse floor) it is a studio and a two bedroom penthouse villa

Info on the Lagoon Penthouses (24th floor)
Three Bedroom Penthouse - "B", "F", "G", "H" , "J"
Two Bedroom Penthouse - "A", "C", "D", "E", "I", "K"

I'm assuming HGVC also has the option of combining the studio on the 24th floor (A, D and/or K) with the two bedroom penthouse (A, D and/or K) to offer a three bedroom lockoff.

Last edited:

sparkysparky

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned on Saturday from a week at HHV. We went with a couple of other families and therefore, got two 2-bedroom units. We used our points to reserve one unit and rented the other one through the TUG classifieds (not sure if you recall my saga of trying to borrow points from 2010 last year). Anyway, our friends stayd in 469 on the Ilikai side. It was pretty close to the pool but it wasn't that loud. Between the two families that stayed in that unit, they had two 2-yr olds that took naps througout the day and it was no problem for them. We stayed in unit 463 on the Lagoon side and while the view was very nice, the unit was much smaller than the other one. Granted, ours was a one-bedroom with a studio lock-off but still, the master bedroom was tiny compared to the master bedroom in the 469 unit. Having the kitchenette in the studio was pretty convenient since we had extra utensils and an extra refrigerator (even though it was only a mini-fridge). The studio also was a nice size. I called a few days prior to arrival to request each 2nd bedroom to have two doubles instead of a king and they accomodated us. They also put both our units on the same floor which was very convenient.

I actually enjoyed being on the 4th floor because the elevator ride was short and when the lines for the elevator got too long, we could just walk up the stairs which we did a couple of times.

As for the new pool, it was nice but rather small. My kids loved the slides!! My younger son accumulated several different wristbands since the colors change every day. It did bother me quite a bit that the pools and lagoon seem to be open to everyone and not just to guests of HHV. Several times, they ran out of towels. Hilton Waikoloa Village does a great job of limiting their pools to guests....why can't HHV? I especially noticed this on Friday night after the fireworks show. I don't know how many people I saw from neighboring hotels sitting on the beach watching the HHV fireworks. That didn't bother me so much but the fact that they also probably use our pools and lagoon did. It got me wondering if the staff at the neighboring hotels actually encourage their guests to take advantage of the HHV facilities.

We really enjoyed the lagoon which was not there when we were there 2 years ago. The lagoon was perfect for our group with a bunch of kids ages 10 and under. Another addition to the HHV campus is the two Starbucks located in the Kalia Tower and Ali'i Tower which we visited almost every morning.

The weather could have been nicer. It was overcast and drizzly several days of the week but still nice as Aptman mentioned. For some reason, the time difference really kicked our butts this time around (only 3 hours difference but still...). I think next time we'll aim for staying 10 nights instead of 7 to get fully adjusted.

It's difficult for me to be sitting here in front of my work computer instead of on a lanai. After all, it's not even 8am in Hawaii!!!

jeg

TUG Member
Reaction score
If HGVC chooses to, it can only restrict use of the pool. The lagoon does not belong to Hilton, and is part of public access like all beaches in Hawaii. I think there was some negotiating with the state in getting the permit to build the new tower as tall as it is, etc., that Hilton would upgrade the lagoon area, but I don't believe they own it.

HatTrick

Reaction score
I'm assuming HGVC also has the option of combining the studio on the 24th floor (A, D and/or K) with the two bedroom penthouse (A, D and/or K) to offer a three bedroom lockoff.

Sounds reasonable.

What I've always been curious about is why the 2- and 3-bedroom penthouse units cost the same number of points. One would think the 3BR units would cost more, but they have the "plus" designation while the 2BR units are "premier". You have to wonder what it takes to be a 3BR premier! :confused:

sparkysparky

TUG Member
Reaction score
If HGVC chooses to, it can only restrict use of the pool. The lagoon does not belong to Hilton, and is part of public access like all beaches in Hawaii. I think there was some negotiating with the state in getting the permit to build the new tower as tall as it is, etc., that Hilton would upgrade the lagoon area, but I don't believe they own it.

I did not know that about the lagoon. Thanks!!

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad we didn't keep you awake

We just returned on Saturday from a week at HHV. We went with a couple of other families and therefore, got two 2-bedroom units. We used our points to reserve one unit and rented the other one through the TUG classifieds (not sure if you recall my saga of trying to borrow points from 2010 last year). Anyway, our friends stayd in 469 on the Ilikai side. It was pretty close to the pool but it wasn't that loud. Between the two families that stayed in that unit, they had two 2-yr olds that took naps througout the day and it was no problem for them. We stayed in unit 463 on the Lagoon side and while the view was very nice, the unit was much smaller than the other one. Granted, ours was a one-bedroom with a studio lock-off but still, the master bedroom was tiny compared to the master bedroom in the 469 unit. Having the kitchenette in the studio was pretty convenient since we had extra utensils and an extra refrigerator (even though it was only a mini-fridge). The studio also was a nice size. I called a few days prior to arrival to request each 2nd bedroom to have two doubles instead of a king and they accomodated us. They also put both our units on the same floor which was very convenient.

I actually enjoyed being on the 4th floor because the elevator ride was short and when the lines for the elevator got too long, we could just walk up the stairs which we did a couple of times.

As for the new pool, it was nice but rather small. My kids loved the slides!! My younger son accumulated several different wristbands since the colors change every day. It did bother me quite a bit that the pools and lagoon seem to be open to everyone and not just to guests of HHV. Several times, they ran out of towels. Hilton Waikoloa Village does a great job of limiting their pools to guests....why can't HHV? I especially noticed this on Friday night after the fireworks show. I don't know how many people I saw from neighboring hotels sitting on the beach watching the HHV fireworks. That didn't bother me so much but the fact that they also probably use our pools and lagoon did. It got me wondering if the staff at the neighboring hotels actually encourage their guests to take advantage of the HHV facilities.

We really enjoyed the lagoon which was not there when we were there 2 years ago. The lagoon was perfect for our group with a bunch of kids ages 10 and under. Another addition to the HHV campus is the two Starbucks located in the Kalia Tower and Ali'i Tower which we visited almost every morning.

The weather could have been nicer. It was overcast and drizzly several days of the week but still nice as Aptman mentioned. For some reason, the time difference really kicked our butts this time around (only 3 hours difference but still...). I think next time we'll aim for staying 10 nights instead of 7 to get fully adjusted.

It's difficult for me to be sitting here in front of my work computer instead of on a lanai. After all, it's not even 8am in Hawaii!!!

Hey Sparky
I'm glad my extremely noisy kids didn't keep you awake at all. We were in 461, the 1BD unit right across the hall from the elevator. We probably ran into you a million times out there. My kids were constantly out on that lawn playing catch with a football or baseball. I'm glad you had fun. Today is my first day back as well, and it's killing me as well.

As to someone else's comment, when I went to the sales presentation, they told me that HHV had to give up land for, and create the lagoon, and promise to maintain it for 25 years or so, all in return for being able to build the GW. This was part of their pitch that the GW is SO special, and is the first/last of its kind on Waikiki (maybe - but I was able to get open season rooms for friends who came with us for dirt cheap so that they stayed in nicer accommodations than us).

sparkysparky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aptman,
How funny that we were right next to each other! We had 463 with 462 as the lock-off. I hope WE didn't keep you up or bother you in any way! Yes, I remember the kids playing football outside on the lawn. I'm glad you had a great time as well. The weather reallly could have been nicer as I didn't get as tan as I'd hoped! But the vacation was still very nice. I'm more tired today than I was yesterday. My body's still trying to catch up I guess!