• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Monday Madness vs. Credits Booking

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Trying to understand the Monday Madness option. These are cash-only bookings, right? Is there a time limit on how far in advance a Monday Madness booking can be done? Since Monday Madness bookings include the housekeeping fee, if I'm short on available credits, this seems like a nice feature. Are there other tricks or tips about it I should know?

Real-world example: I have three days booked for October at WM San Francisco. 3300 credits plus a HK token. At 8 cents a credit, it's $264 including HK. I have an abundance of credits right now, so I won't change things, but if I chose the Monday Madness deal, I could go that way, and cancel the current credits booking?

Dave

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to understand the Monday Madness option. These are cash-only bookings, right? Is there a time limit on how far in advance a Monday Madness booking can be done? Since Monday Madness bookings include the housekeeping fee, if I'm short on available credits, this seems like a nice feature. Are there other tricks or tips about it I should know?

Real-world example: I have three days booked for October at WM San Francisco. 3300 credits plus a HK token. At 8 cents a credit, it's $264 including HK. I have an abundance of credits right now, so I won't change things, but if I chose the Monday Madness deal, I could go that way, and cancel the current credits booking?

Dave
They are cash only bookings.
There is an 11 month in advance booking window. Seven day maximum-and you must meet all booking requirements on the minimum(i.e. if you are making a reservation at 11 months you will have to book 7 nights).
You can have up to 6 MM reservations.
$65 a night minimum.

In your real life example-you could, until the close of business tomorrow, book available time as MM at WM SF and then cancel your current credits booking(you would do it that way because you cannot cancel and immediately rebook).

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
They are cash only bookings.
There is an 11 month in advance booking window. Seven day maximum-and you must meet all booking requirements on the minimum(i.e. if you are making a reservation at 11 months you will have to book 7 nights).
You can have up to 6 MM reservations.
$65 a night minimum.

In your real life example-you could, until the close of business tomorrow, book available time as MM at WM SF and then cancel your current credits booking(you would do it that way because you cannot cancel and immediately rebook).

Thanks. I read more closely after posting, and saw the 11-month window limit. The rest is as I thought it was. Seems like I'm catching on. :) Still waiting to book my first "6:00AM 13-months out to-the-day" thing for next year.

Dave

jrogersok

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
Yes you can cancel the current credits usage up to 30 days ahead of arrival date when booked out this far. I often make a booking with credits (we have a smaller account) and then if a Monday Madness comes up I often switch over to it, especially now that WM is charging housekeeping fees that are getting a bit rediculous; in the Monday Madness the HS fees are included so I save my one HK token I get a year for my longest rental and then try to use Monday Madness or Bonus time for my other stays.