• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Molokai Trip

Kapolei

Reaction score
Just wanted to pass along to the TUG community following this thread that Platinum Interchange has a bunch of Ke Nani Kai weeks for next summer.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We received a counter offer today and we just sent back a best and final. I’m feeling this may work out but we’ll see. I’ll post some particulars if it goes though.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Holy cow, I haven’t done a mortgage in over fifteen years. I don’t remember having to get this much crap together for them.:)

Anyway we are approved and are just waiting on our best and final offer. I’m thinking we hear tomorrow.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Realtor just got a hold of me and our best and final offer was excepted. :cheer::banana::cheer::banana:

They started listing the property at $165,000 and then dropped to $155,000 earlier this year. The 2018 assessment was 115,900 and as a comp the unit right above it sold earlier this year at $148,000. We started at $120,000 and they came back at $140,000. Then we just said 130,000 best and final. It sounded like they were looking to settle at $140,000 or $135,000.

When we started, I told my wife if we got it at $120,000, I would be shocked. I would be ecstatic if we got it at $125,000 and extremely happy if we got it at $130,000.

So now the work begins. Closing will be in October and I have to contact the rental manager. :)

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Great news Jeff! You may have already mentioned it, but when do you, and your wife, plan to go back to Molokai?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So now the work begins. Closing will be in October and I have to contact the rental manager. :)

Hearty handshakes, my friend. Congratulations! You earned this one. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Dave!!

I know my wife is ready to make a Moloka’i hot bread run to celebrate but that will have to wait until January. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great news Jeff! You may have already mentioned it, but when do you, and your wife, plan to go back to Molokai?

Yes, we had a Maui and Kauai trip already booked for January so that will change to Maui and Moloka’i. I priced the airfare to Kauai and back from Maui but I never booked it. So now I just need to book Maui to Moloka’i and back now.

We have friends going with us to Maui and we were thinking of a day trip to Moloka’i. We probably will still do that. That way they can see it too.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes, we had a Maui and Kauai trip already booked for January so that will change to Maui and Moloka’i. I priced the airfare to Kauai and back from Maui but I never booked it. So now I just need to book Maui to Moloka’i and back now.

We have friends going with us to Maui and we were thinking of a day trip to Moloka’i. We probably will still do that. That way they can see it too.

So this isn't the one with the loft, is it? Where do Tuggers sleep when we invade your privacy? ;)

Dave

taffy19

Reaction score
Congratulations, Jeff. You are willing to skip your favorite Island but keep your Maui week this coming January? I guess you have decided to give Maui one more chance.

You must be really excited to look forward to your retirement plans. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations, Jeff. You are willing to skip your favorite Island but keep your Maui week this coming January? I guess you have decided to give Maui one more chance.

You must be really excited to look forward to your retirement plans. :)

Thank You, yes we are. One thing I remember that my father said, “don’t wish your life away”. So we will enjoy this until that day comes and we can get it ready for that day.

Yes, we haven’t been to Maui for four years and we are ready for a return. We have friends that have been to Kauai with us a couple times so this will be their first trip to Maui. They are doing a road to Hana tour and before we started this buying process we talked about a day trip there so we may still do that and then they can see the place too.

We may make a second trip in 2019 but that will probably be to Moloka’i too. So one trip in 2020 will be at least a week in Kauai.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My wife added new wallpaper to her phone already. She’s really excited.

E0F26A7D-BEC7-4E4F-B758-C3074AF18143.png

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I want to Thank everyone who followed along and I appreciate all the comments along the way. It made it fun and the time went by pretty quick sharing this experience. A couple friends and family knew we were looking but not too many people. So now you know how high you Tuggers rate. :thumbup:

My wife just posted it on Facebook and now the rest of our friends and family are finding out.

The only surprise I had a long the way was when the sellers came back with the first counter offer at $140,000, I asked my wife if she wanted to try the A203 Oceanfront unit but she said she took that one off her list so this was the only one left in her list. So if this didn’t work we were going to wait and watch the market. It must have been meant to be. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So if this didn’t work we were going to wait and watch the market. It must have been meant to be. :)

I'd like the thank YOU for allowing us to share in your journey. You did a lot of research, and putting boots on the ground gave you firsthand knowledge of exactly what was what. You made a great purchase of something you wanted, and you got it for a great price. Maybe it was not so much "meant to be" as "deserved to be yours." I don't believe a lot in luck, but I do believe wholeheartedly in putting yourself in the path of opportunity. You did well, Jeff. Congratulations again. :thumbup:

Dave

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Jeff,

I've been following your hunt and I wish you and your wife the best in retirement.

Aloha!

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Sounds like you and your wife have got a great deal. I’m wondering how much the previous owner paid for this unit...$130K just seems rediculously low but good for you!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Again Dave. I’ll keep watching the market to see where sales go. We are coming up on the higher season for sales so I’ll see if that makes a difference where the way things are heading. In the end you can only do so much thinking and analyzing. We ended out where we wanted to be so that’s what matters.

We’ve been talking about it so long that my wife still can’t believe it happened.

We’ll be using Amazon Prime a lot. The rental manager said we can have things shipped to her and she will get the stuff set up in the unit. So that is great. First thing will probably be a flat screen tv. We’ll have to decide if we want to do a wall mount.

We’ll probably be bringing stuff over from our Maui visit too so that should work out great.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Excellent! Sounds like you and your wife have got a great deal. I’m wondering how much the previous owner paid for this unit...$130K just seems rediculously low but good for you!

Yep, I knew that too. They bought it in 2015 and paid $115,000. Strange thing was that they never rented it out and never went there so they never saw it. They just recently started to rent it.

It was strange all the way around. I was a little surprised we got it for that price. I also knew they turned down a $130,000 last year. So We were preparing ourselves for a no sale going with a best and final at $130,000.

Sounds like they own one on Kauai too but they were renting that one out. Strange but it worked for us.

taffy19

Reaction score
My wife added new wallpaper to her phone already. She’s really excited.

View attachment 7639
Jeff, really nice that your wife is so excited that you got your offer accepted of the condo that both of you liked the best.

Wallpaper on your phone is so nice to remember something that you want to be reminded of often. Congratulations to both of you!

I wonder why the other couple never even went to see it?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Happy for you, congrats!!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, really nice that your wife is so excited that you got your offer accepted of the condo that both of you liked the best.

Wallpaper on your phone is so nice to remember something that you want to be reminded of often. Congratulations to both of you!

I wonder why the other couple never even went to see it?

Thank you!!

Yes, it was strange. Sounds like they bought it as an investment but it’s strange they didn’t start renting it until recently. Until their recent rentals, the last three owners didn’t rent it. The two owners, before these sellers only kept it for their own use. The information I got was they were farmers from Nevada.

I’ll keep watching the market. I’m curious what the other properties will end out going for now. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

taffy19

Reaction score
Thank you!!

Yes, it was strange. Sounds like they bought it as an investment but it’s strange they didn’t start renting it until recently. Until their recent rentals, the last three owners didn’t rent it. The two owners, before these sellers only kept it for their own use. The information I got was they were farmers from Nevada.

I’ll keep watching the market. I’m curious what the other properties will end out going for now. :)
In a way, it is good for you because the condo still is in a very good condition and the light wooden floors with the contrasting color furniture make it look really nice and light inside. Darker wooden floors often make it look darker and smaller inside.

I hope that your rental experience will be good but if you get a good rental agency, you should be OK.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In a way, it is good for you because the condo still is in a very good condition and the light wooden floors with the contrasting color furniture make it look really nice and light inside. Darker wooden floors often make it look darker and smaller inside.

I hope that your rental experience will be good but if you get a good rental agency, you should be OK.

Yes, I thought the same about the floors. You never know about renting. We can do it without renting but it will definitely help. I’m looking for about 12 rentals a year and the managers I talked to said that wouldn’t be a problem. I actually have it rented out for five weeks next year myself from people I know.

We won’t do certain upgrades until we’re ready to retire. We won’t want those things wore out before we’ll be there full time.