• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Molokai Trip

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
No, I checked for an exchange there and nothing was open. I’ll be at Molokai Shores. Must be fairly busy. Alamo was all out of cars.:)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I took a few videos but through Skype so I couldn’t post them here. I’ll take more tomorrow in regular format. Long day, i’m Going to bed.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I must have gotten some sleep on the plane because I was up early for me. I did go to bed at about 9pm too. Here is a few pictures from the lanai. I still have to work on the video and remember how I put them on here.

Feel free to make any comments. Different opinions are welcome and may help us decide if think of something we didn't. Right now the only negative I have is the lack of a\c. I would be fine with a portable but with those jealousy Windows, I Don't know what is possible. Sleeping was fine last night and it only got down to 73 with a high of 87.

669BA6BB-C366-4BDE-BC1F-0345CF8C47B0.jpeg

1F4E0C6D-D178-40FA-B4C2-5B936715D921.jpeg

986A277F-9BC4-4F98-9937-3507107D0BEA.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, let’s try this. If you want to hear me:), you’ll probably have to turn the volume up high. It was early and it’s so quiet here and most people probably have their windows open, I didn’t want to talk too loud.

Another thing I noticed is that you don’t hear the ocean much at all because of that large reef out there. Don’t know if that’s a plus or not. :shrug:

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One nice thing about the reef is it keeps it calm and very quiet here and people launch kayaks right in front of the resort.

BFCF3957-9BDA-406D-93FF-B83CD036E8AB.jpeg

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
No, I checked for an exchange there and nothing was open. I’ll be at Molokai Shores. Must be fairly busy. Alamo was all out of cars.:)
I had to check a map to see where this is located. Noticed it's close to the Hotel Molokai. Will you be there long enough to see if the Friday night entertainment (the aunties) is still going strong? Our dds said that was the favorite part of our trip to Molokai.

As to comments about the place. Anything on the water is good with me. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I will. I’m here until next Saturday. I went to Moloka’i Pizza when I got in at about 7:30. Luckily they were open and I was surprised that they are open until 11pm on Saturday. I missed the grocery store, they were closed so I have to go today before the realtor comes at 11am because they close at 1pm today. So if I miss that I won’t have anything to eat or drink in the condo.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The rental car worked great. It was waiting for me in the parking lot right by the baggage claim. They had it under a tree and it got peppered by birds. I had to stop at the gas station and scrub it to get it off. You can see it in the picture below. :)
50AE4915-C233-45CE-8F7F-CBFC94F9AE9B.jpeg

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just noticed the ceiling fan and the controls on the lanai. Boy, that makes a difference. I want to see how this lanai is when the silent moves. We are facing south. I have never stayed at a place with the lanai facing south. Mine have always been east or West.

34D7D175-4301-45AE-B584-6270C56FE502.jpeg

Kapolei

Reaction score
My concern would be air conditioning. I can’t tell you about that particular location. But when trade winds die, humidity picks up. The problem is when we get unusual durations of humidity. But I am sure you are already familiar with that.

The other thing I would check on is the shipping costs. There used to be a ferry from Maui so you could bring back stuff from Costco. Now, I think bulk items just come by barge?

If you are going to pay for a container, you might need to do some planning of al the things you might need. For example, If you are buying one new appliance, you might decide to replace all.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My concern would be air conditioning. I can’t tell you about that particular location. But when trade winds die, humidity picks up. The problem is when we get unusual durations of humidity. But I am sure you are already familiar with that.

The other thing I would check on is the shipping costs. There used to be a ferry from Maui so you could bring back stuff from Costco. Now, I think bulk items just come by barge?

If you are going to pay for a container, you might need to do some planning of al the things you might need. For example, If you are buying one new appliance, you might decide to replace all.

All very good thought. Yes, we are familiar with the trade winds and what happens when they are not around. I am usually an a/c guy too. The heat doesn’t seem to bother me as much as I get older. Same thing happened to my father, sounds weird. If I could get a/c in one room I would be fine. I am going to check the local stores. They do have a furniture store and a large Ace Hardware so I will check and see what’s available there. Plus I will be asking my realtor these questions also.

It will still be a while before we come to stay so we haven’t thought about shipping our things yet. I’m looking at these through a renters eye also.

Here’s another video I took for my wife.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No elevators here so this is a short one of me going up the steps to the second floor, 15 steps.

taffy19

Reaction score
Thanks for showing us your pictures and video clips. I could hear you well and the birds in the background too. I love the Island sounds!

The ocean looks very calm so is it a sandy beach for swimming and water clean and clear like no algae or seaweed?

In Mexico many condos and small offices use these A/C units and they work very well and are quiet too.

http://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/products

I have seen them here at Home Depot too. They are not too expensive so I wonder if that would work?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, the beach is nice and sandy. It's shallow for quite a way out there. While I have heard it can be weedy, I don't see anything now but maybe that's seasonal. :shrug:

I also love the sounds of the birds .That's one of my wife's favorite things too.

Well it's 10am and my lanai is still we'll in the shade. The other units in the A building that we're in the sun at 8am are now in the shade.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can't get over how quiet it is here. You can here a little bits of ocean but not much. The other thing nice about Molokai Shores is that it is mostly solar. So the electric bills are really low. You can see the solar units on this picture.

image.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I put that shade down on the lanai and here’s how it looks. You can still see out very well.

taffy19

Reaction score
Total relaxation. Don’t you love it for a change? If you close your eyes, you still hear enough sounds in the video clips.

These A/C units may not be allowed because I remember now that they have a condenser for each unit on the roof but we never hear that inside.

They may not have a suitable roof for this at this condo project.

On the ground would be too noisy too unless it is somewhere far away and then it becomes much more costly.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got back with the realtor and she has to check on A/C. It was never allowed before because the association paid the electric bill but now with solar the units are billed separately. I also found out that WaveCrest is also solar so
Molokai Shores doesn’t have the advantage with that like I thought they did.

Here’s the first video. Total oceanfront.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This one is at WaveCrest C214. Just an FYI, WaveCrest is about 12 miles east of Molokai Shores. Molokai Shores is a little over a mile from Kauanakakai. Which is the largest town on the island. The east side is lush. It gets more rain but not like The north shore on Kauai. The area out by WaveCrest is beautiful. I’ll post those pictures when o get some.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still at WaveCrest. This one is C105. We can’t get into the Moloka’i Shore unit unil the 25th.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WaveCrest B209, i Also have one coming upon of the pool area at WaveCrest.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s the pool area at WaveCrest. I loved this area. I will take one of Moloka’i Shores and post that too.

I have to look at one unit in WaveCrest yet and that one is allowed a washer and dryer because it is an end unit. So that’s a plus. It’s the only unit for sale that has that. The laundry at WaveCrest does have a plus over Molokai Shores because it has laundry on each floor. Molokai Shores has a separate building for that.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s 3:00om and the sun just made it’s way to my lanai. So late afternoon I would be using that shade. It’s a little overcast today. We ran into a couple sprinkles while we were at WaveCrest but they only lasted a minute.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After about 4 hours of checking out properties and another couple talking to my wife. I think I’m about ready for a nap.

But first a fresh Molokai Papaya, then it’s time for some rest.

55291A94-874E-43F5-9FDE-4422EF0E8BEF.jpeg