• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MOC Shuffle

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

Well, it's been a busy week for my timeshare ownership.

I've purchased two more fixed week 3BRs at MOC (10206/23&24) and to pay for them, I'm in escrow to sell my two floating weeks. To keep the cash in-flows/out-flows flat, I'm also selling my Trust Points. Because I can't guarantee my goal of getting to the Trust inventory (6206/26), away they go. Wise TUGgers (Marilyn) warned me the Trust Points were a crapshoot for this purpose and they were right. I now believe fixed weeks rock.

I'm really excited to have back-to-back 3BR units at MOC. When I was at MOC last month, I went to the 10th floor of Lahaina Villas on Saturday to see the view and it's pretty spectacular. Frankly, superior to 6206 even though it is only 4 stories difference -- different angle and you can see all of Molokai.

Thanks to all those who've lived the "Trust Points Resale Purchase" and the "6206/26 experiment" with me. I have found the path to guaranteed back-to-back 3BRs, and I now have two other MOC units to be point generators.

And now I can start working on 10206/25......:ponder:..........:doh:

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Where are you finding these Fixed MOC weeks? I'm intrigued.

Steven,

I've had a friendly dialogue with the Seller going back to 2011. He's had them on redweek for awhile, but priced them higher than market. He's been dropping the price periodically, and I approached him about three months ago about buying all three weeks (he also owns 10206/22).

It had potential before I went to Maui, but when I didn't get to continue my stay in 6206/26, I developed a renewed appreciation for deeded weeks, especially fixed weeks. He also dropped his price during my trip -- right to the general range I'd told him I thought they were worth several months earlier.

So...that's how it happened. Seller is an honorable guy and I'm glad I struck up a conversation with him years ago.

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
....I've purchased two more fixed week 3BRs at MOC

...and to pay for them, I'm in escrow to sell my two floating weeks

...and I now have two other MOC units to be point generators.

I'm confused....what are the other MOC units to be point generators? Sounds like 2 out (that likely were enrolled) and 2 in (that can't be enrolled) right?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm confused....what are the other MOC units to be point generators? Sounds like 2 out (that likely were enrolled) and 2 in (that can't be enrolled) right?

I owned two 3BRs from before the DClub -- 4206/24 and 6206/25. I have always used 4206/24 as a points generator and now 6206/25 could become a points generator.

How are you going about selling your DC points?

I listed them on redweek. It may take awhile for them to sell because there are alot of point packages for sale, but that's okay.

Best,

Greg

taffy19

Reaction score
Greg, how exciting for you. :D Congratulations!

Fixed week/units rock if you want to return to your "home away from home" every year because it is completely hassle free.

How did you sell your other two timeshares so quickly?

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Greg

Glad to hear you were able to get what you wanted. Enjoy and thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge with us. :D

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Greg, how exciting for you. :D Congratulations!

Fixed week/units rock if you want to return to your "home away from home" every year because it is completely hassle free.

How did you sell your other two timeshares so quickly?

Emmy (and JonT and SkyBlue),

Thank you for the comments, I am very happy with this.

I listed the two MOC weeks for sale last week on eBay and on TUG. On Tuesday, I put them on redweek, and got an immediate offer of interest. My thanks to MoxJo for the tip to reserve good weeks, which made the weeks more attractive (where is MoxJo, we've not seen him in awhile?). The buyer was a sophisticated investor who buys properties for rental purposes, and I got the price that I needed -- I told Jonell that it would be a cash neutral switch and I am very close.

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Greg, congratulations on your new units at MOC. Sounds great and will make your annual visits so much easier. After staying at MOC this past April, we have a new found appreciation for the property and the convenience of the location.

Sorry to see your DC points go, but that is understandable. Good luck with the sale.

Mike

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
All,

Well, it's been a busy week for my timeshare ownership.

I've purchased two more fixed week 3BRs at MOC (10206/23&24) and to pay for them, I'm in escrow to sell my two floating weeks. To keep the cash in-flows/out-flows flat, I'm also selling my Trust Points. Because I can't guarantee my goal of getting to the Trust inventory (6206/26), away they go. Wise TUGgers (Marilyn) warned me the Trust Points were a crapshoot for this purpose and they were right. I now believe fixed weeks rock.

I'm really excited to have back-to-back 3BR units at MOC. When I was at MOC last month, I went to the 10th floor of Lahaina Villas on Saturday to see the view and it's pretty spectacular. Frankly, superior to 6206 even though it is only 4 stories difference -- different angle and you can see all of Molokai.

Thanks to all those who've lived the "Trust Points Resale Purchase" and the "6206/26 experiment" with me. I have found the path to guaranteed back-to-back 3BRs, and I now have two other MOC units to be point generators.

And now I can start working on 10206/25......:ponder:..........:doh:

Best,

Greg

Wow! Congratulations, Greg!!! That is awesome news!! I am a lowly 2 week 2 bdrm EOYO owner at Napili so we know how wonderful that resort is for Maui lovers! You certainly have much to celebrate!! I think Lahaina and Napili towers are scrumptious! Curious, do you lock off your 3 bdrms or are you guys like us and have a big family? Also, I don't really understand your statement that I have highlighted in your quote. Would you mind explaining to a still-new-to-Marriott gal? :hi:

We are currently in the process of acquiring another 2 bdrm at MOC Napili EOYE so we can go every year. Owner has accepted the offer and we're sure hoping it passes ROFR. We would dearly love to have a fixed week to add but unfortunately we really need those oh-so-pricey first 8 or so weeks of the year. I always read your posts with great interest since you are obviously one of the resident experts on MOC! Thanks for all the help along the way, Greg, and again congrats!!!!:banana:

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Congrats Greg! Let me know if you ever want to go to WSJ in early Aug. We can do a swap :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Emmy (and JonT and SkyBlue),

Thank you for the comments, I am very happy with this.

I listed the two MOC weeks for sale last week on eBay and on TUG. On Tuesday, I put them on redweek, and got an immediate offer of interest. My thanks to MoxJo for the tip to reserve good weeks, which made the weeks more attractive (where is MoxJo, we've not seen him in awhile?). The buyer was a sophisticated investor who buys properties for rental purposes, and I got the price that I needed -- I told Jonell that it would be a cash neutral switch and I am very close.

Best,

Greg

MoxJo is gone. Looks like he still logs on, but hasn't posted in almost a year. Hard to believe it has been that long. Take a look at this thread to see what went down. It seems that dougp26364 has also bowed out of TUG.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MoxJo is gone. Looks like he still logs on, but hasn't posted in almost a year. Hard to believe it has been that long. Take a look at this thread to see what went down. It seems that dougp26364 has also bowed out of TUG.

Ugh, I'd forgotten about that thread. Well, I hope that Joe comes back at some point, he was a valued contributor to the board, and we need all types here. Sorry to see DougP also isn't that active, I love his pictures, and when I have a bad day, I will look for his threads (or any thread from alwysonvac) and scroll through the pictures for a virtual vacation.

I hope someday TUGgers aren't saying "what happened to GregT" (or even worse, "yeah, we finally got rid of GregT" ;))

Best,

Greg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Ugh, I'd forgotten about that thread. Well, I hope that Joe comes back at some point, he was a valued contributor to the board, and we need all types here. Sorry to see DougP also isn't that active, I love his pictures, and when I have a bad day, I will look for his threads (or any thread from alwysonvac) and scroll through the pictures for a virtual vacation.

I hope someday TUGgers aren't saying "what happened to GregT" (or even worse, "yeah, we finally got rid of GregT" ;))

Best,

Greg

I always wonder how long it would take for me to be gone before people realize it and start cheering...

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau

Somehow I missed that thread. It reminded me (but was actually much worse) than what I felt were personal attacks on my integrity in my early days on TUG. I came within an inch of quitting then, but fortunately I didn't. I frankly don't know how Joe lasted through almost that whole thread. I think the personal attacks in that thread (and there were clearly quite a few personal attacks) were totally unjustified.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening

we may have lost a few posters but good ol' Puck is still in business...

Busy strategizing 2016 vacations...

Thinking MOC might be on 2017 radar...

Greg...you could be the first resale of resale points, MVCDtakes the "vig" every time these points get turned over...but since you bought these resale, you should come out even...

i thought I was a schemer..but Gregster rocks..getting dizzy following his exploits...

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I told Jonell that it would be a cash neutral switch and I am very close.

Best,

Greg

Congratulations Greg!

The above comment gave me a chuckle. Is Jonell your wife? My mental picture of you is sitting at a desk wheeling and dealing with numbers. Then you say "We're moving up honey, but don't worry it will be a cash neutral switch."

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations Greg!

The above comment gave me a chuckle. Is Jonell your wife? My mental picture of you is sitting at a desk wheeling and dealing with numbers. Then you say "We're moving up honey, but don't worry it will be a cash neutral switch."

Suzzanne,

It's a little funny, because that's basically how it happened -- I spent a great deal of time thinking about it, and what exactly had to sell and by when to make it work. Jonell (my lovely wife) isn't nearly as fascinated by these things as I am.

So, we're sitting in the backyard Wednesday sipping a little vino, and I tell her that we've opened escrow to sell the two floats. She looks at me curiously and asks "What are we doing again?"

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow! Congratulations, Greg!!! That is awesome news!! I am a lowly 2 week 2 bdrm EOYO owner at Napili so we know how wonderful that resort is for Maui lovers! You certainly have much to celebrate!! I think Lahaina and Napili towers are scrumptious! Curious, do you lock off your 3 bdrms or are you guys like us and have a big family? Also, I don't really understand your statement that I have highlighted in your quote. Would you mind explaining to a still-new-to-Marriott gal? :hi:

We are currently in the process of acquiring another 2 bdrm at MOC Napili EOYE so we can go every year. Owner has accepted the offer and we're sure hoping it passes ROFR. We would dearly love to have a fixed week to add but unfortunately we really need those oh-so-pricey first 8 or so weeks of the year. I always read your posts with great interest since you are obviously one of the resident experts on MOC! Thanks for all the help along the way, Greg, and again congrats!!!!:banana:

Hi Southerngirl,

Sorry, I realized I never answered the question (and congrats on your new MOC purchase -- it truly is a great property!)

The reference to the Trust is because the adjacent week (6206/26) to my currently owned week of 6206/25 sits in the Trust, and I bought Trust Points so that I could reserve a 3BR at MOC, thinking that MOC would leave me in 6206 for the two week duration. I don't like to change rooms in the middle of a vacation, and I thought I had a solution to stay in 6206, which is a great room.

Well, as detailed in a different thread, this year I had to change rooms anyway, and someone else got to stay in 6206/26. So, I realized Trust Points weren't going to help me achieve the goal of remaining in the same room for 2 full weeks. This contributed to my enthusiasm for this new purchase.

Best,

Greg

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Suzzanne,

It's a little funny, because that's basically how it happened -- I spent a great deal of time thinking about it, and what exactly had to sell and by when to make it work. Jonell (my lovely wife) isn't nearly as fascinated by these things as I am.

So, we're sitting in the backyard Wednesday sipping a little vino, and I tell her that we've opened escrow to sell the two floats. She looks at me curiously and asks "What are we doing again?"

Best,

Greg
Wow your wife sounds just like mine. When I take her to get some documents notarized she asks "what are we buying or selling this time?" :)
She just goes with the flow on our accommodations when we travel now. I get to make all the booking arrangements while she gets to pack. I am happy with that deal.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Hi Southerngirl,

Sorry, I realized I never answered the question (and congrats on your new MOC purchase -- it truly is a great property!)

The reference to the Trust is because the adjacent week (6206/26) to my currently owned week of 6206/25 sits in the Trust, and I bought Trust Points so that I could reserve a 3BR at MOC, thinking that MOC would leave me in 6206 for the two week duration. I don't like to change rooms in the middle of a vacation, and I thought I had a solution to stay in 6206, which is a great room.

Well, as detailed in a different thread, this year I had to change rooms anyway, and someone else got to stay in 6206/26. So, I realized Trust Points weren't going to help me achieve the goal of remaining in the same room for 2 full weeks. This contributed to my enthusiasm for this new purchase.

Best,

Greg

Aloha Greg!

Mahalo for explaining those details to me. That does make sense now. :D So sorry your trust points didn't help you as you had hoped. It seems they (Marriott) tout them to be an end-all.

We also have gotten spoiled to being in the same unit for 2 consecutive weeks, and I always dread the move for week 3, but I have to say that the staff at MOC really do a great job of helping out, because when we have to stay in our locked off studio for our last week, we have been able to move right next door, literally back into the studio portion of the 2 bdrm lock off for our first week! Super nice!! And this last Jan/Feb, the studio wasn't ready to move into (the other folks hadn't been checked out to allow the room to be cleaned) at our ℅ time, so we left our stuff with Bell Services and went out for the day. When we came back we stopped at Bell Services to have someone bring out stuff up to the studio, and they said our things had already been put into the room!!! I was floored! What a lovely thing to do! We made sure to ask the name of the guy who did this and leave a nice tip for him. :clap:

I really long for a fixed week to avoid the anxiety that comes at our 13 month window to see if we can actually book exactly what we want, so I am super happy for you and your sweet wife!! Congrats again!!! :cheer:

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening...

no fixed weeks for good ol puck...

I am going to continue to wing it!!!! with my Legacy/enrolled points combo...

Next on the target list!!! Summer 1 bedroom RC San Francisco..(it's open) then Vegas Grand Chateau end October 2016... The ACEP16 Emergency Medicine conference comes to Vegas... those 3 bedrooms are looking sweet

I remember Jonell (gregs better half ) and Carol (my better half) sitting with vino at Kauai Lagoons last year saying something like "Let's open another bottle, it's going to be a while --- the boys are plotting Time Share games again!!! "

This week it's NYC to see oldest cash drain on MR points at Times Square Residence inn...