• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Moab? Dog friendly stuff to do?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I have a conference in St George UT Mon Sept 17-Wed Sept 19. We’re making a vacation of it and will be in Utah Fri Sept 14-Sun Sept 23.

Our original plan was:
Fri Sept 14-Wed Sept 19: St George
Wed Sept 19-Sun Sept 23: Zion

We are bringing our 18 mo old dachshund because our older dog died recently and we don’t want to leave her alone just yet.

The conference is in a nice resort in St George, so rear part of the trip is easy. I’ll bring a mountain bike, ride some, attend conference, spouse and I and dog will enjoy the resort.

But Zion is a problem. We don’t want to leave the dog unattended in the hotel room while we’re in Zion. She’s crate trained but we can’t be sure she won’t be scared and bark when she hears strange noises. We’ve looked into a dog day care for her, and still might do that. But she doesn’t like other dogs who are just “in her face,” it kind of scares and overwhelms her. Without knowing the dog day care place, it’s hard to know whether it would be a positive experience for her or miserable.

So thinking about alternatives, we are considering Moab. Great mountain biking there, typically Mr H sleeps in and chills out in the morning while I’m riding, so it works well with the dog. I know some good mtb instructors in Moab, so I could spend some time on skills and some time just riding.

What else is there to do that is dog friendly. Mr H is not keen on hiking (he has bad knees) although short dachshund-level hikes would work for him. I understand Dead Horse Point SP is nearby and has dog friendly trails. I am aware we can’t hike trails with the dogs in Arches or Canyonlands NPs but are driving tours of these parks worthwhile? Any other dog friendly stuff in Moab? Although half days mountain biking, some short sunset hikes and a couple of beautiful driving tours would probably make us all pretty happy...

Ideas welcome. I’ve never been to the area.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The doxie will just have to stay in the car. She'd be at about rattlesnake level on the trails. Great MT Bike area though.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Ok, it’s decided.

Zion is out. Moab is in. Got 4 free nights at the new Hyatt Place in Moab.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some nice 'drive-through' parks around Moab. We were there (for a night each way to/from Santa Fe) at Easter week. There was some big off-road 'safari' shindig with seemingly every Jeep in the Western Hemisphere crawling over trails, nose-to-tail. Made no sense to me, but that's what it was. We were 'dogless' that trip so I can't help you with activities the pooch might enjoy or participate in. Have fun there- it's definitely the 'anti-Southern California'.

Jim