• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mistake? Just purchased the points program

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I haven’t figured it out how Portfolio Points stack up to the original pts. If you find somewhere that explains it, please send me a link. Thanks!
How much are the yearly maintenance fees for each Hyatt Portfolio point ?

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
As I said, I am new so if any of this is wrong, will someone more knowledgabe please jump in?[/QUOTE]
For what it's worth, I just finalized a sale at Hyatt Highlands Inn (Carmel). I purchased on ebay - for $499. Plus closing (about $400 - don't remember exactly), transfer fee $650 (ridiculous) and 2018 maintenance fee. 1880 points - second floor - ocean view. Drawback is maintenance fee almost $1700. I was on the lookout for Pinon Pointe - which I've stayed at and really like and has the lowest mf. But I love the Carmel area, live in LA, so the western ones are more attractive to me. And the price was sure right! (Anyone know how much the mf is on Pinon Pointe right now?) And for newbies, the mfs don't depend on the size of your unit or the time of year, they depend only on the resort that has your fixed week.

As I said, I am new so if any of this is wrong, will someone more knowledgabe please jump in?

FYI: The amount of the maintenance fees dose DEPEND on the unit size at all Hyatt's.

Last edited:

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
You can buy resale at Pinon Pointe. I just don't know how the old points match up to the new system they put into place with the takeover of ILG.

Pinon Pointe is one of the other three we have traded into. The other was Carmel. I loved all of three of them, but Rick thought Carmel would be very luxurious, I guess I built it up too much. It's a bit woodsy.

I still want to stay at the Hyatt resorts in Florida, but not during the hot months of summer, and not during hurricane season. I think owners book those.

The Hyatt at Carmel is a conversion of an old Classic and Historic Carmel Hotel. In a very great location up on a hillside, some with views of the Pacific Ocean, and is very popular. Even owners of other Hyatt's can have a hard time getting a reservation at The Hyatt Carmel. Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Bonita Springs Florida (Half way between Fort Myers and Naples) is very very nice. Located On a Golf course. With a Hyatt Hotel near by - The Hyatt Coconut Point Hotel.

Last edited:

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
How much is the yearly maintenance fee per Hyatt Portfolio point ?

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House and Windward Pointe, Key West, FL
The Banyan Resort, Key West, FL
PerryKing, What is the name/website of Hyatt official reseller in Breckenridge that you mentioned in your post? I think it was Post #48.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Everything on there seems over priced.
They have 10 days summer 2 bedroom for 10,000 which isn't bad. MFs for that 1700ish. Not many points though

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are many many Resales, Foreclosures and Special offers available at the Hyatt Residence Club, Main Street Station, Breckenridge Colorado available from a Hyatt official reseller in Breckenridge. All at very attractive prices compared to what they originally sold for.

Summer Float time, Fixed Ski weeks, and full 1/20th Shares.

Everything on there seems over priced.

These are 'Hyatt developer' prices. Since Hyatt does not have a full time sales office there, Mitzi is their 'sales' person. Purchase from her and you will get all the developer rights. Try to sell through her, and you will be dictated a minimum listing price.

By the marketing brochures and efforts at the resort, owners think they can recoup their 'investment' and it helps keep other resales prices inflated. You will see very little movement with those listings.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ah, yeah, I was looking at the ski season stuff.
oh the sheet here says 2 bedroom weeks 4, 8, 10 and 13, 25,000 and studios in winter 7,000 to 13,000, 2 bedroom float which is 1 week winter and 17 float summer 15,000 up to 29,900. Mitzelle%breckenridgemsr.com. She responds right away. We just emailed her.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
These are 'Hyatt developer' prices. Since Hyatt does not have a full time sales office there, Mitzi is their 'sales' person. Purchase from her and you will get all the developer rights. Try to sell through her, and you will be dictated a minimum listing price.

By the marketing brochures and efforts at the resort, owners think they can recoup their 'investment' and it helps keep other resales prices inflated. You will see very little movement with those listings.
“dictated minimum listing price” seems wrong. Wonder the legality of dictating market price? Makes owners who want to sell at market price having to go elsewhere.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
“dictated minimum listing price” seems wrong. Wonder the legality of dictating market price? Makes owners who want to sell at market price having to go elsewhere.

If it's an agent for Hyatt, they will do what Hyatt wants. Say you went into the Hyatt sales office in Key West and ask the sales staff if they will help you sell your SH week. They will control the asking/selling price.(at least on the low end, you can probably ask on the high end if you want)

I found out because I was talking price with a seller in CO. I knew this agent advertised all her sales come with full rights. (WOH and so forth). After verifying this with some current listings, the seller and I approached to ask what the commission would be if we brokered the sale through her to get the full rights. Let's just say the conversation was cut short, and no further ?? answered/no further email responses were received. The only comment made was 'all pricing has to go through Hyatt in FL.

Same with the Marriott weeks direct sales. THEY set the price. The difference is the Marriott people work only for Marriott, and don't run other sales on the side. And they are upfront with what they are doing.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
oh the sheet here says 2 bedroom weeks 4, 8, 10 and 13, 25,000 and studios in winter 7,000 to 13,000, 2 bedroom float which is 1 week winter and 17 float summer 15,000 up to 29,900. Mitzelle%breckenridgemsr.com. She responds right away. We just emailed her.

A week 10 or 13 can be had for well under 15K. A least a year ago they were avail for 11K. That is for the fixed week plus an additional 10 days summer/mtn. Just fixed week winter only (there are only a few) were 5-6K for a studio.

These were all Redweek listings

Also, if I remember correctly, the 2BR winter float was not really a good ski week, they are Thanksgiving to Christmas - So hit/miss for ski.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A week 10 or 13 can be had for well under 15K. A least a year ago they were avail for 11K. That is for the fixed week plus an additional 10 days summer/mtn. Just fixed week winter only (there are only a few) were 5-6K for a studio.

These were all Redweek listings

Also, if I remember correctly, the 2BR winter float was not really a good ski week, they are Thanksgiving to Christmas - So hit/miss for ski.
Those are good prices.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Thanks Walnut for referring me to Bill. He is very knowledgeable and spent a lot of time answering my questions and steering me in the right direction.

Brody I highly recommend speaking with Bill. I asked your question and he said the points are the same however HPP do not get first dibs on reservations the owners with deeded weeks do. That’s a big disadvantage for me.

The link to the resale’s that Taderhed Posted has some great deals. (I reposted above) Just don’t take mine! ;)
You’ll find Bill has several listings there if you choose to contact him.

Just FYI another resource for researching Key West and Florida Hyatt (only) is keywestfltimeshare.com...I've gotten 2 weeks at real good prices though Don...although everything listed now seems to be much higher.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I said, I am new so if any of this is wrong, will someone more knowledgabe please jump in?

FYI: The amount of the maintenance fees dose DEPEND on the unit size at all Hyatt's.[/QUOTE]
Do you have some examples where the MF differ by unit size?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's not quite true. Maintenance fees are the same regardless of unit size at some Hyatt resorts.

You mean all two bedrooms are the same cost in maintenance fees regardless if one is 950square feet and the other is 975square feet. Not one bed units are the same cost as two or three bed units, right?

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I thought all units, regardless of size, and point value, have the same MF's at some resorts. For instance, at Sunset Harbor, I thought the one bedroom units pay the same MF as the two bedroom units. Also, I thought a two bedroom diamond paid the same MF as a two bedroom gold season. Now, I'm confused :shrug:. I always defer to Kal, so whatever he says. I need to quit drinking before noon.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I thought all units, regardless of size, and point value, have the same MF's at some resorts. For instance, at Sunset Harbor, I thought the one bedroom units pay the same MF as the two bedroom units. Also, I thought a two bedroom diamond paid the same MF as a two bedroom gold season. Now, I'm confused :shrug:. I always defer to Kal, so whatever he says. I need to quit drinking before noon.

HAHA, It's always noon somewhere!

The way I understood it is that each size type pays the same fees regardless of season (not counting tax differential for some locations). For example, at Sunset Harbor, a one bad unit will pay the same maintenance fees whether gold season or diamond season. A two bed unit will pay the same maintenance fees whether gold or diamond season. HOWEVER, a one bed unit and a two bed unit will not pay the same maintenance fee.

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
HAHA, It's always noon somewhere!

The way I understood it is that each size type pays the same fees regardless of season (not counting tax differential for some locations). For example, at Sunset Harbor, a one bad unit will pay the same maintenance fees whether gold season or diamond season. A two bed unit will pay the same maintenance fees whether gold or diamond season. HOWEVER, a one bed unit and a two bed unit will not pay the same maintenance fee.

You could very well be correct. I thought the one bed unit and two bed units at Sunset DO pay the same MF. Kal, BDH, other Sunset owners, would you please chime in here. Thanks!!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 1 bedroom at
You could very well be correct. I thought the one bed unit and two bed units at Sunset DO pay the same MF. Kal, BDH, other Sunset owners, would you please chime in here. Thanks!!
The 1 bedroom at
kaanapali has lower MFs than 2 bedrooms
We have been looking resale . I think Sapper is correct