• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Minimum purchase to enroll a PIC

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Being Platinum allows an owner to reserve anything through the end of the year with the peace of mind you can cancel any reservation without the risk of losing those points at year end. I don’t use RCI. RCI is a waste to me outside of last calls.

You can reserve all possible units that you might need for a family reunion or any other big get together without worrying about who can’t make it months in advance

The more points you have the more valuable it is to me. Have reservations to rent for the holidays. They don’t get rented no problem cancel and deposit the points.

I have said it before— I don’t think owners fully understand how big of a benefit it is for Gold and Platinum owners. A resale owner decides that they don’t need any more points this year and deposit their points in March. In June friends call do you want to meet up at x resort in December I see there’s some availability. Oh no we have no points we put them into next year. I think a lot more points will be lost at years end than owners think.

Like I posted before with the credit pool it didn’t matter. Now its a big decision for resale and Silver owners.

Even if Platinum uses points at year end for MFs. That’s better than the points expiring

You make excellent points about the benefit of the points deposit extension. The points deposit extension to the end of the year is the only platinum benefit i would be able to take advantage of, that i don't already have. Since i travel during prime, upgrades and discounts may be rare for me, but i may get lucky on the upgrade side. For people who are retire and can afford to be flexible, they could take advantage of the discounts and upgrades. If they add to the VIP benefits, i might change my mind later, but right now i would have to spend about $45k to go Platinum. Less if i swap out my mom's two bedroom PIC for a three bedroom. Considering she spent $20k on that back in 99, I don't see myself doing that anytime soon. lol

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
It does confirm that a week for PIC plus cannot be an RCI points week. So as an OP said you would have to take the week out of points. Our week in PIC was an RCI points week but it was either 10 or 12 years ago that we enrolled our week
You can still convert a points week to its original deeded week for PIC.

Immediately after buying developer points and enrolling the eligible 'week' for PIC, I contacted RCI and asked to have an RCI Points week that I already owned converted to an RCI week. They send you a form (e-mail), you fill it out, send (e-mail) it back and the conversion gets done. I had been told by sales that I had 30 days to do the convert or my PIC enrollment could be voided. I wanted it done inside the rescission period. I've done this twice (in 2017 and again in 2018), both times the approval and updates to my RCI points account were completed within 5 days. The form allows you to pick the effective year for the conversion. I picked 1 year in the future as I did not want to accidentally have a Points reservation cancelled. My wishes were fulfilled.

The first week I converted has been deposited for 2019 with RCI/Wyndham and the associated Wyndham Points are in my account. I expect the 2018 PIC to work just as easily once it comes time to deposit that week. My point is, unless something has changed in the last 2 months, you can take one of your eligible RCI points resorts and get it to a week for PIC at the time of Developer purchase. It was a real win for me as I was finding that I did not need those RCI points, having the Wyndham points and the associated move up to Gold VIP fit my vacation plans better.

Am I the only one who has converted the points to weeks in order to get the PIC in the last year?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I have a PIC question. How would EOY weeks be treated? Would I only get 1/2 credit toward the next VIP level?
No one has answered this so I will attempt to. Since you can only deposit your week once a year, it would make sense that you only get “credit” towards your VIP status every other year. I know with points only half the points count. So for consistency purposes, they might do the same with PIC. However, other then the sleezy sales tactics the sales people use, when have we know Wyndham to be consistent? Unfortunately it doesn’t say anywhere in the directory or the owner 101 articles so I think it’s left up to whoever enters in Your PIC into the system. They do have a PIC inquiry department. You can call Owner care and ask them to submit the question to them. Fair warning though, the last time I dealt with the PIC inquiry department, I had to email the CEO. They are not the fastest horses in the stables. Hopefully someone kicked their butts into gear since then.

Hoosier64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek
Has anyone ever heard of ghost points being used to PIC your way to VIP? With a new purchase, of course. How are PIC weeks added into the contract language?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Has anyone ever heard of ghost points being used to PIC your way to VIP? With a new purchase, of course. How are PIC weeks added into the contract language?
Ghost points? Not sure where you got that term. When you buy more points, there is a PIC enrollment form you fill out with the information for youeach Fixed/float week. There is nothing in the contract itself. You have proof you enrolled it and the publicized directory that explains the program and requirements. Like almost everything else, they could discontinue the program, but I would imagine they would grandfather people in like they did when the eligiblty requirements changed for VIP. No guarantee of course, but there is also nothing guaranteed about the program except whatever rights are tied to deeded ownership with the local governments.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Owners Cares direct # is
1-866-388-7654. See if there is anything they can recommend like filling out a PIC correction form. Wouldn’t hurt to ask.