• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MIA Tuggers

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
That is way too young!!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Well, heck. Now that I know that, I'll type slower. ;)

Dave
Larger font and single syllable words too please.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I was just wandering through the "Notable Members" section on Tug, looking at the post volumes of some very prolific Tug posters. I saw some names of Tuggers I haven't read posts from in a long time, and who it indicates haven't "been seen" in a great while. Those Tuggers who are "Missing In Action" like this always leave unanswered questions.

And that, of course, gets me to thinking about those folks, and wondering if they're ok, have they moved on from timesharing and Tug, or have they moved on to a hereafter? I know some Tuggers I used to enjoy sharing ideas with have stopped posting, and I'm sure some of them are just gone. And that kind of makes for a melancholy mood.

I've only met a few of you in real life, but the rest of you are like friends to me. As I like to periodically joke, you people are the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had. :)
I hope you're well, and that you stick around for a long time. It's nice to "see" you.
Dave

Well, we are definitely NOT imaginary, as you've discovered to some degree a few times already. So my advice
(which I've posted before), is to make a concerted effort to meet more. I flew from the East Coast last week to Maui Ocean Club,
and while there met a TUG member, with whom I've never communicated before....a total surprise....and it was indeed special.
She read on TUG that I was there at MOC, contacted me through a PM, and we met along with our spouses.
They were lovely, and beyond interesting. We will stay in touch.

I've met many TUG members over the years, and have become quite close to several, and those relationships are not only real,
but genuine & endearing, and will remain ongoing.

It's a wonderful thing, and can enrich us enormously. How else could you meet a total stranger from another part of the country,
or world (as I have also done), and laugh and talk as though you have known each other for many years?

So Dave, you're right about how many wonderful "friends" we interact with daily about things we all love,
inside this special little bubble in which we live here on TUG.
And it's remarkable enough that we even miss a few as they change or move on, as your initial premise states.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, we are definitely NOT imaginary, as you've discovered to some degree a few times already. So my advice
(which I've posted before), is to make a concerted effort to meet more. I flew from the East Coast last week to Maui Ocean Club,
and while there met a TUG member, with whom I've never communicated before....a total surprise....and it was indeed special.
She read on TUG that I was there at MOC, contacted me through a PM, and we met along with our spouses.

I've met many TUG members over the years, and have become quite close to several, and those relationships are not only real,

It's a wonderful thing, and can enrich us enormously. How else could you meet a total stranger from another part of the country,
or world (as I have also done), and laugh and talk as though you have known each other for many years?

So Dave, you're right about how many wonderful "friends" we interact with daily about things we all love,
And it's remarkable enough that we even miss a few as they change or move on, as your initial premise states.

Very well said. Thank you! (And I hope you know I was joking about the imaginary friends thing. Some of you invisible people have become great online friends. ;) ) I'll be on Maui for a week next month, and the Big Island for a week after that. It may be time for a Tug meet-up!

Dave

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Very well said. Thank you! (And I hope you know I was joking about the imaginary friends thing. Some of you invisible people have become great online friends. ;) ) I'll be on Maui for a week next month, and the Big Island for a week after that. It may be time for a Tug meet-up!
Dave

When we left Maui Ocean Club on Saturday, another TUG friend Fasttr was already arriving on another island, and will stay at three Marriott resorts consecutively, the last of which will be MOC. We barely missed each other, darn it.
But he still wins, as I left a nice bottle of wine for them. Never got the chance to open that last bottle!!!

(BTW, if anyone is looking for a wine shop on Maui, just visit the Safeway Grocery Store or surprisingly, the adjacent CVS Store.....
very good prices and a surprisingly good selection. CVS also had good munchies.)

Sorry to have missed you too, Dave.
We need a TUG board dedicated exclusively to "WHO will be WHERE, and WHEN".

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
We need a TUG board dedicated exclusively to "WHO will be WHERE, and WHEN".

A nice searchable spreadsheet! Although I can't imagine trying to set that up.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In a perfect forum to do this, 'meet-up' posts (or threads) could be started say, 30 days before arrival and would automatically disappear a month later requiring no additional hands-on work for mods. This probably isn't possible, but heck, Amazon does it with rental movies or the On Deck stuff that disappears after a few days on users' computers.

(wishful thinking mode: OFF)

Jim

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trophy points are just one more meaningless social media wannabee thing that this XenForo bbs software has built in. .

Hmmm, I have 203 trophy points and only 255 posts. And I do agree with your comment based on the list provided in Dioxode45's post. But ahhhh, there's more to the story. MY trophy points (probably like about 200 of them!) come from being a long time member (much longer than what it shows in the profile due to one of the many platform changes over the years). I've been kicking around long enough to remember when we around 2,000 members and quite excited to hit 20,000! And now we are almost 90,000 strong. I wonder how many out this massive number remember being an "ocelot". If you do, let me know, I was one too!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
In a perfect forum to do this, 'meet-up' posts (or threads) could be started say, 30 days before arrival and would automatically disappear a month later requiring no additional hands-on work for mods. This probably isn't possible, but heck, Amazon does it with rental movies or the On Deck stuff that disappears after a few days on users' computers.

(wishful thinking mode: OFF)

Jim

Maybe we should ask Facebook for help with that. They seem to know how to track people's info pretty well. (Too soon? ;) )

Dave

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... Not sure what I am going to spend all of those extra points on...

I'd be willing to sell my t-points, cheap... or is that advertising?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think most folks would be averse to posting their detailed travel plans online, so it'd have to be a private forum.

or perhaps a "monthly" post where folks could simply mention they would be at XYZ resort sometime that month...and any other members who were also going to be there that month could start a conversation with them etc.

like "April 2018 TUG travels" and folks could just type in the resort code or name of the resort they would be staying at in april (wouldnt have to put the actual dates of your stay for privacy purposes etc).

that would probably at least result in folks seeing if any other TUGGERS were going to be at the same resort in the same month at least!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea of TUG Members-only monthly travel post thread, as described by Brian above. I met a Tugger early on in my TUG life in HHI and would love to meet more!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
10 year anniversary ??? Not me. I’ve been on board since 1997.

forum registration will only ever go back to 2005 sadly, as thats when we dumped the original forum software to use vbulletin and everyone had to start over :(

thankfully when we upgraded to xenforo from vbulletin noone had to reregister so all those original dates remain unchanged...but only back to 2005.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really like the idea of TUG Members-only monthly travel post thread, as described by Brian above. I met a Tugger early on in my TUG life in HHI and would love to meet more!

we can start one in the lounge and update it with individual posts for the months of the year so folks can populate it (or read whos going where) if you like. shouldnt be too much work to see if it would gather any interest.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Ricoba, aka Richard , is going through some trials. His wife is sick. Maybe say a prayer or send good vibes for them.

Bill

taffy19

Reaction score

I was the person who wrote Marty a PM and asked him if he wanted to meet up. We did and it was fun. We have met many TUGgers already and it is always like we have known each other for a long time because we have read the many posts and know each other's interest in traveling.

This week we met another TUGger family that we have met before and will meet again hopefully. I really like TUG and the bond we have plus respect for each other and eager to help to answer a question. Thank you TUG and everyone.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
MIA Tuggers, there are many Tuggers missing because they are resting peacefully in their timeshare resort, that is not on this earth. RIP my fellow MIA Tuggers.

There are many MIA Tuggers who are not mentally and physically able to post any more.

There are many MIA Tuggers who are not posting on this website but still enjoy reading the many various TUG threads on this website daily.

There are many MIA Tuggers that have moved from the North to South, from the East Coast to the West Coast.

They are MIA Tuggers that are gone, but will never be forgotten.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I think most folks would be averse to posting their detailed travel plans online, so it'd have to be a private forum.

or perhaps a "monthly" post where folks could simply mention they would be at XYZ resort sometime that month...and any other members who were also going to be there that month could start a conversation with them etc.

like "April 2018 TUG travels" and folks could just type in the resort code or name of the resort they would be staying at in april (wouldnt have to put the actual dates of your stay for privacy purposes etc).

that would probably at least result in folks seeing if any other TUGGERS were going to be at the same resort in the same month at least!
I, along with other tuggers, put this info in my sig block. I've also seen posts in threads asking if other tuggers are at a certain resort.

I'd welcome a forum like this.

Sent from my sweet Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk :)