• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MIA Tuggers

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I was just wandering through the "Notable Members" section on Tug, looking at the post volumes of some very prolific Tug posters. I saw some names of Tuggers I haven't read posts from in a long time, and who it indicates haven't "been seen" in a great while. Those Tuggers who are "Missing In Action" like this always leave unanswered questions.

And that, of course, gets me to thinking about those folks, and wondering if they're ok, have they moved on from timesharing and Tug, or have they moved on to a hereafter? I know some Tuggers I used to enjoy sharing ideas with have stopped posting, and I'm sure some of them are just gone. And that kind of makes for a melancholy mood.

I've only met a few of you in real life, but the rest of you are like friends to me. As I like to periodically joke, you people are the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had. :)

I hope you're well, and that you stick around for a long time. It's nice to "see" you.

Dave

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I guess some of us get a life (or an afterlife).
Me... Not so much.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do the same thing, Dave. And occasionally someone will post that triggers a memory, and I'll check and see that they haven't posted in (sometimes) years. I will shoot them a 'welcome back'. More often than not, I never hear from them again. I wish them well, but y'know I suppose it's like the family of rabbits or squirrels that when a member of the 'family' or tribe just doesn't return one day, life goes on for those left. Did you see the movie 'Coco'? The premise is that the departed have a life, as long as they are remembered.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I do the same thing, Dave. And occasionally someone will post that triggers a memory, and I'll check and see that they haven't posted in (sometimes) years. I will shoot them a 'welcome back'. More often than not, I never hear from them again. I wish them well, but y'know I suppose it's like the family of rabbits or squirrels that when a member of the 'family' or tribe just doesn't return one day, life goes on for those left. Did you see the movie 'Coco'? The premise is that the departed have a life, as long as they are remembered.

Jim

I haven't seen that one. I'll look for it. I think because of my military background, knowing someone may not return is kind of a silent expectation. But when it actually happens, I wonder where they are, and why they didn't come back. It happened regularly in the service - guys would get transferred without warning, or they'd go off to the hospital for some treatment, and never come back to work. The first we knew they weren't coming back was when someone was cleaning out their lockers and boxing up their stuff. And then there were all those who died, either by accident or through a service-related incident. That was the worst, because guys I was friends with were just not there anymore.

With Tug, I hope it's nothing so dire. I hope wherever the MIA people are, they're living happy, fulfilling lives. And if anyone reads this who is among the missing, or who knows they're ok, post a note to let the rest of us know they're still with us. :thumbup:

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: 'Notable Members'. I had not seen this before, and looking down the list, I saw the category of 'Trophy Points'. About half the top 20 posting members have 113 Trophy Points. about a third have 83, some have 63. Does anyone know what these are and how they are accrued, and why do so many of us all have the same amount? Not that this is of any particular import, and I betcha that 113 Trophy Points and a $5 bill might get you a coffee at Starbux. I was just curious. Maybe I need to ask TUGBrian or Makai Guy.

Jim

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I betcha that 113 Trophy Points and a $5 bill might get you a coffee at Starbux. I was just curious.
$10 if you want a frou-frou drink. ;)

I noticed I'm only 250 posts from making the "Most Messages" list. I better up my game!

BTW, I'll sell my 83 Trophy Points to the highest bidder.

Kurt

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Re: 'Notable Members'. I had not seen this before, and looking down the list, I saw the category of 'Trophy Points'. About half the top 20 posting members have 113 Trophy Points. about a third have 83, some have 63. Does anyone know what these are and how they are accrued, and why do so many of us all have the same amount? Not that this is of any particular import, and I betcha that 113 Trophy Points and a $5 bill might get you a coffee at Starbux. I was just curious. Maybe I need to ask TUGBrian or Makai Guy.

Jim
Trophy points are just based on certain criteria like first post, x number of likes. Meet the criteria and you get the points. Since many have met the criteria they all have the same number of points.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I’ve only been here a couple of years but I’m so appreciative to the folks that helped me in this TS journey.

I keep hoping to see posts from folks that I used to see a lot on her and I no longer see their posts. I still miss seeing posts from Fern

Wow, I have 83 Trophy Points.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve only been here a couple of years but I’m so appreciative to the folks that helped me in this TS journey.

I keep hoping to see posts from folks that I used to see a lot on her and I no longer see their posts. I still miss seeing posts from Fern

You may already know, Fern passed away. I was planning to meet her in person around the time when someone posted the news of her passing.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I often wonder the same things about MIA Tuggers. Sometimes someone will resurrect an old thread and I will see someone in there that I haven't seen in a long time and I checkout their last seen date and it is forever ago. @pjrose was one of those that just came up last week. Always wonder what happened to the regulars that are no longer around

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Trophy Points is something I asked the Mods about a few weeks ago. I was told they are basically a feature of the BBS software, and have no specific meaning for anyone who posts here. Tug has no idea how they accumulate.

I suggested if someone acquires enough of them, they should earn a copy of the boiled pizza recipe, at least. ;)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was planning to meet her in person around the time when someone posted the news of her passing.
We used to look forward to meeting up with Fern and breaking bread- or whatever she had found to 'graze' on whenever we wandered down to Las Vegas- or her favorite Mexican city, Mazatlan. Now, like all TUGgers that crossed paths with her, we miss her.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I imagine most of the MIA have experienced illness or death. People who stop timesharing still seem to check back in here, since TUG is so much more than a TS site. It is an addiction.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suggested if someone acquires enough of them, they should earn a copy of the boiled pizza recipe, at least. ;)
You mean you don't have it? Hah! Newbie!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Trophy Points is something I asked the Mods about a few weeks ago. I was told they are basically a feature of the BBS software, and have no specific meaning for anyone who posts here. Tug has no idea how they accumulate.

Dave
Here is the criteria for Trophy Points. You start at the bottom.

I LOVE IT!
Content you have posted has attracted 500 likes.

Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff
Your content has been liked 250 times.

Seriously Likeable!
Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes.

I Like It a Lot
Your messages have been liked 25 times.

Somebody Likes You
Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!

Addicted
1,000 messages? Impressive!

Can't Stop!
You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!

Keeps Coming Back
30 messages posted. You must like it here!

First Message
Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You mean you don't have it? Hah! Newbie!

I think I had it at one time, but then I woke up, and well, you know how it is. ;) I do have the Tug handshake, however. Or one of them. I've heard there is more than one.

Dave

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Trophy points are just one more meaningless social media wannabee thing that this XenForo bbs software has built in. The point levels are explained via the Help link at the bottom of the page. Plus you can click on the point number in anybody's post to see what trophies they've earned - there's a link to the complete list there too.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trophy points are just one more meaningless social media wannabee thing that this XenForo bbs software has built in. The point levels are explained via the Help link at the bottom of the page. Plus you can click on the point number in anybody's post to see what trophies they've earned - there's a link to the complete list there too.
Thanks, Doug. I gave you one of those meaningless 'Likes'. You needed it to help you catch up for all the good work you do for TUG. May you soon hit 500 & that final 30 Trophy points.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

Oh great.
Just when I was starting to fee good about myself.....thanks for ruining that.:(

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Oh great.
Just when I was starting to fee good about myself.....thanks for ruining that.:(
Just look in the face of that dog in your avatar -- you'll automatically feel good about yourself again.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting- the last 5 posters chose a beloved pooch as an avatar.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
[QUOTE="Makai Guy, post: 2124521], you'll automatically feel good about yourself again.[/QUOTE]

Go Visit Makai Guy's website / They are cool - old school !

Last edited by a moderator:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Just look in the face of that dog in your avatar -- you'll automatically feel good about yourself again.

Yeah, Neepy is good for cheering up.
Pretty hard not to smile at this:
upload_2018-4-8_11-55-45.png