• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[merged] Need help with letter of rescind for timeshare

Vegasorbust!

Reaction score
Sometimes that is "accidentally" left out - it might be in the small print on another form.

Where did you buy?

Here is more info. about rescinding - it was written for Starwood Buyers, but besides the Co., everything applies to you: Rescinding FAQ

Note that if you call for info. they are likely to, well, lie to you. They may tell you that you can't rescind, or tell you that they don't know the process for it. They will try to stall you until it is too late - don't fall for that!

Even if the info. is missing from your packet, you can use the procedure in the thread above, find their mailing address in your purchase papers, and mail them a recission with a return receipt, TODAY. I'd also send a FAX as a backup, if you can.

I bought at Planet Hollywood Westgate in Las Vegas. I bought on Thurs the 15th. I looked through all my materials and cannot for the life of me find ANYTHING about rescinding!!! Do i send the letter to where i would send payments? or somewhere else...they have alot of addresses :( Thanks in advance for everyones help!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ah ha - Westgate is KNOWN for accidentally leaving out critical info...

I doubt if it's the address where you send payments - that will be a finance company. I would send it to the address of their main corporate office and the sales office, just to be sure. Is their an address on your main contract page?

Vegasorbust!

Reaction score
No, all the papers state WESTGATE on the top. The settlement documents have their property location

Planet Hollywood Towers by Westgate
80 East Harmon Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89109

and the place of settlement address

Equity Land Title LLC
9440 West Sahara Ave. #235
Las Vegas, NV 89117

The only other address I can find is the place to send tax statements which is the same as the main hotel address. :wall:

Ernie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's what it says on my contract.... Hope this helps.

YOU MAY CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT ANY CANCELLATION FEE OR OTHER PENALTY BY HAND DELIVERING OR SENDING BY CERIFIED MAIL WRITTEN NOTICE OR CANCELLATION TO: WESTGATE PLANET HOLLYWOOD LAS VEGAS, LLC, 2801 OLD WINTER GARDEN ROAD, OCOEE, FLORIDA 34761. THE NOTICE MUST BE DELIVERED OR POSTMARKED BY MIDNIGHT OF THE FIFTH CALENDAR DAYS, THE DAY ON WHICH THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED AND LEGAL HOLIDAYS ARE NOT INCLUDED.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would go with the address above, and if you have the business card of your sales person I'd also send a copy to the address and FAX number on the card - make sure you send everything return receipt.

Vegasorbust!

Reaction score
Here's what it says on my contract.... Hope this helps.

YOU MAY CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT ANY CANCELLATION FEE OR OTHER PENALTY BY HAND DELIVERING OR SENDING BY CERIFIED MAIL WRITTEN NOTICE OR CANCELLATION TO: WESTGATE PLANET HOLLYWOOD LAS VEGAS, LLC, 2801 OLD WINTER GARDEN ROAD, OCOEE, FLORIDA 34761. THE NOTICE MUST BE DELIVERED OR POSTMARKED BY MIDNIGHT OF THE FIFTH CALENDAR DAYS, THE DAY ON WHICH THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED AND LEGAL HOLIDAYS ARE NOT INCLUDED.

thanks! I'll send a copy to that address AND the main hotel address in Vegas...both certified return receipt. Hopefully that will be good. What should I send in with my request to cancel my contract?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks! I'll send a copy to that address AND the main hotel address in Vegas...both certified return receipt. Hopefully that will be good. What should I send in with my request to cancel my contract?

Did you look at the link I posted above? That info. is in the FAQ.

mamapelto

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

I know this is quite an old thread, but I want to thank you as it helped me as I am beginning the cancellation process this evening.
I have a question though...We purchased a sampler package of 15000 points and we signed on as owners at our first meeting of our first use. When we signed, they were going to convert our remaining 9600 points to "owner points" and cancel the amount we had left owing. I'm wondering what will happen now when we cancel...will we get our 9600 points back as "sampler" and continue to make payments on our sampler pkg? Has anyone had this scenario?
Thanks!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this is quite an old thread, but I want to thank you as it helped me as I am beginning the cancellation process this evening.
I have a question though...We purchased a sampler package of 15000 points and we signed on as owners at our first meeting of our first use. When we signed, they were going to convert our remaining 9600 points to "owner points" and cancel the amount we had left owing. I'm wondering what will happen now when we cancel...will we get our 9600 points back as "sampler" and continue to make payments on our sampler pkg? Has anyone had this scenario?
Thanks!

:cheer:

How much have you saved?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be hard to help you if we don't know what you bought. If you bought a travel package of some unknown 'points', their only value is in their use. If you have bought some sort of timeshare, and are trying to trade-in another ownership, good chance you can rescind and set things back to before you entered into the most recent transaction (assuming it's within the last few days- there are time limits on rescission).

You dredged up a 6 year-old thread and haven't said anything useful. So name names and share dates.

Jim

mamapelto

Reaction score
About 6 months ago we purchased a "sampler Package" of 15000 points from DRI for $2495 and have been making low monthly payments on it.
We used 5400 points to stay at Mystic Dunes for 8 nights but were required to go to another presentation. At this presentation they convinced us to purchase 7500 points for approx $25000. They said they would convert our remaining 9600 "sampler" points to "owner" points plus they were not going to require us to pay the remaining owing on our sampler package. They also gave us a holiday pkg to use in the next year or so or we could just take it as another "one time" 7500 points.
We have decided to rescind on the latest agreement for a few reasons. One of those reasons is we were told that owner points were worth a lot more than sampler points, so 7500 would go further and we would get more weeks than I would expect after searching with just sampler points for the last few months. When I got home I was able to find a pdf version of the DRI points book and found that to be untrue.
My question is...has anyone rescinded after being part way through a sampler package? Will we get our 9600 sampler points back if we continue to pay for it? Also, if we use our sampler points for another trip, I'm sure we will be required to attend another presentation...how much more intense will meeting number 3 be? Will we make it out with alive? hahaha

mamapelto

Reaction score
It would be hard to help you if we don't know what you bought. If you bought a travel package of some unknown 'points', their only value is in their use. If you have bought some sort of timeshare, and are trying to trade-in another ownership, good chance you can rescind and set things back to before you entered into the most recent transaction (assuming it's within the last few days- there are time limits on rescission).

You dredged up a 6 year-old thread and haven't said anything useful. So name names and share dates.

Jim

I wasn't actually asking how much we would save by rescinding(because I already know that! haha)...I was asking the poster above you to clarify. They had asked how much we saved and I wasn't understanding what he was asking...
Sorry for the confusion. I'm brand new to this type of chatting

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Sorry for the confusion. I'm brand new to this type of chatting
No problem. It sounds like you have two separate agreements/contracts and just want to cancel the most recent one.

I would think you'd still keep whatever you bought with the first contract. Time is of the essence with your recent purchase so be sure to send your letter of rescission within the rescission period. Follow the instructions in your contract exactly and be sure to send your letter by certified mail so that you'll have proof that you rescinded in time.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Also, if we use our sampler points for another trip, I'm sure we will be required to attend another presentation...how much more intense will meeting number 3 be? Will we make it out with alive? hahaha

If a timeshare presentation is required with the use of the sampler points, then you'll probably have to go again. Just keep saying no and don't ask any questions as that will stretch out the presentation even more.

mamapelto

Reaction score
No problem. It sounds like you have two separate agreements/contracts and just want to cancel the most recent one.

I would think you'd still keep whatever you bought with the first contract. Time is of the essence with your recent purchase so be sure to send your letter of rescission within the rescission period. Follow the instructions in your contract exactly and be sure to send your letter by certified mail so that you'll have proof that you rescinded in time.

Thank you. I am still within my 10 day cancellation period. We signed on the 18th.

mamapelto

Reaction score
If a timeshare presentation is required with the use of the sampler points, then you'll probably have to go again. Just keep saying no and don't ask any questions as that will stretch out the presentation even more.

Thanks for the advice!! Another reason we are rescinding our latest contract is because we thought it would end all future presentations...another thing we found out to be untrue! We now know they will never quit trying to upsell us!
I'm glad I don't have to make a living that way!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts International
Does anyone have the current directions on how to submit the recission paperwork to Diamond resorts International

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the current directions on how to submit the recission paperwork to Diamond resorts International
Those instructions are required by law to be in your contract. They won't be obvious though. Look around the signature page or where you had to place a lot of initials. It really will be there somewhere. You also got good information and a sample letter, from Rob (taterhead) in another thread you posted to. Absent that, send the letter to the corporate offices via USPS Certified w/return receipt at:
Diamond Resorts™
10600 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89135
I would write 'Rescission' on the outside of the letter so that it goes to the right department. They won't mess with this. It's a law, and not some courtesy they allow. Today is Friday, so get it in the mail today and hang on to the postal receipt.

Jim