TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Meet Up Point at C D G Paris airport?

Discussion in 'European Timesharing' started by b2bailey, Oct 1, 2017.

1. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

I've heard this is a busy and complicated airport, so I am feeling a bit anxious about connecting with my young adult grand-daughter who will arrive on W.O.W. airline on her own.

I will be at Royal Regency timeshare and plan to come to the airport to meet her but I don't know what to tell her about how we will find each other. I don't have an operable cell phone to use to text her.

Suggestions?

2. Tamino

Tamino Guest

Wow airlines is using terminal 1 at CDG. I don't think that there is more than one Customs exit at terminal 1, you could wait there at the arrival level. The official meeting point is at exit 34 on the arrival level. There are no to few nearby chairs

Alternatively, you could arrange to meet at Paul, a bakery and small café, on the CDGVAL level of terminal 1.

As a new and a low cost airline, Wow's schedule reliability might be such that you may want to prearrange a plan B or even a plan C in the event that the unpredictable occurs. It should be clear to your grand daughter what she is to do if for any reason you are not there as anticipated. Having a backup contact plan would be very desirable such as using your US phone service's roaming provisions.

klpca likes this.
  3. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

Amino, thank you for you insights. Unfortunately my cell phone service doesn't offer European service. I have been able to talk with her using Facebook. But that requires an internet connection. Do you know whether airport has Wifi available while in terminal?

4. Tamino

Tamino Guest

CDG offers at least 30 minutes of free internet.

5. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

Thanks, that makes me feel better. Oh, how did we do it before cell phones.

6. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Before cell phones (and many of the other realities of modern living) we could simply meet at the gates. :(

cp73 likes this.
  7. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

I had already forgotten that once we were able...

8. cp73

cp73 TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Did you meet up with you granddaughter?

9. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

Yes, thanks for asking. The terminal was uncrowned and we had no issues. And we had a fab time in Paris!

cp73 and T-Dot-Traveller like this.