• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mayan Palace weeks deposit into RCI

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know current value?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
If you post
Anyone know current value?

You can use the RCI TPU calculator to get an estimate. If you don’t have an active RCI account post your week number and unit size and someone can look it up for you.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Based on prior TUG posts by MP owners over the last 2 years.

20-21 range - 1 bedroom suite
16-18 - master room ( lockoff - hotel room)

so 36-39 for a MP 2 bedroom / both sides deposited seperately

** I believe the RCI deposit calculator shows the low end of what I posted or even a little less
( based on the premise that everyone is happy when they get a few more TPU's than they expected )

FYI - If you own more than one (older) contract you can also deposit Vacation Fare week(s) in addition to your registered weeks.
saw this in some 6+ year old TUG threads / I only have one MP contract )

It probably has been a year + since anyone gave a recent update
so let us all know what you get if you do deposit a Mayan Palace / Vidanta unit .

I hope this helps

Last edited:

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks = I have a RCI points account but not TPU.

How many TPU to get a 1 BR week at Aruba Divi Phoenix?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

?

Apparently for $ 26 - RCI will do a conversion from TPU to points / as long as the resort does not offer RCI points and you have an RCI points account .
( I only have TPU's ) so I am not sure what you get per TPU .
** see the (active this week) TUG thread - RCI points for deposit

rpennisi

Reaction score

How many TPU to get a 1 BR week at Aruba Divi Phoenix?
"Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, #4032" not showing availability on RCI.
Divi Village (#4988) Oranjestad, Aruba showing 41 TPU for Dec 17-24, 2017.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I can always book into Divi Phoenix using RCI points as long as I plan 10 months ahead.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Looks like Divi Phoenix is RCI Points, not weeks. You can get weeks from points, but not vice versa.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Looks like Divi Phoenix is RCI Points, not weeks. You can get weeks from points, but not vice versa.

But since Mayan Palace Vidanta is a weeks -TPU resort only ( as far as I know)
RCI will convert the TPU's to points and deposit into his RCI points account (for $26 per deposit)
I just don't know how many points you get per TPU ?

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a RCI points account through my Wyndham ownership.
I had a Weeks TPU account through my Mayan Palace ownership. The TPU account was not renewed.
RCI told me that these two accounts could not be combined.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Sounds a bit complicated, trying to deposit a Mayan Palace week into an RCI weeks account (which isn’t current) and transfer it to RCI points associated with a Wyndham account. Not sure it’s possible. I’ve got both RCI weeks and points as well as Wyndham, which has a separate RCI points access. I can see Divi Phoenix (4032) availability in my RCI points account, but not weeks, so I don’t think you can get it through weeks. My understanding of the interface between Wyndham and RCI points is there is a set point value in Wyndham points to make RCI exchanges, but haven’t tried that. All I can tell from what I see is there isn’t a direct TPU exchange for Divi Phoenix.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Somebody posted the RCI points conversion chart under Exchanges, RCI points for deposit thread recently. Looks like Mayan Palace in Cabo, Cancun or PV/NV would get you 60,500 RCI points for a 2BD since they’re gold crown, I believe. I saw a 1BD in June at Divi Phoenix for 58,000 points or so for a week. Hope that helps; didn’t see a 2BD, but didn’t look too hard. A 1BD MP would get you something like 45,000 points.