TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Maui Lahaina and Napili Villas

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by Carlsbadguy, May 16, 2018.

1. Carlsbadguy

Carlsbadguy Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I just got an exchange for next April to a 1 bedroom in the Lahaina and Napili Villas. Have stayed in the original part multiple times but have never gotten an exchange to the newer villas. I assume these have a full kitchen. On the confirmation it says IVMT- I guess that means Island View- low floors facing the back. Does anyone have a room map?

It is interesting I had an exchange request for Maui any buildings for May/June 2019 and also Park City for a couple ski weeks mid-January thru February and this was the first week to match.

2. icydog

icydog TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Count yourself very very lucky. What did you trade to get that April week? Where on the reservation do you see a confirmation code. I’m going in July. I don’t see it on mine.

3. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    The confirmation (aka Unit Code) is only available in your My History on the II website.

4. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    IVMT....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Island View........1BR portion of 2BR unit.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-pMXGQ/

5. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    MOC Lahaina
    Mountainside, Park City
    Vail Streamside Birch
    Island View is only available in the Napili tower, though that assumes you get the view of the confirmation code. Hope you get lucky.

OF - Assigned to either Lahaina and Napili

OV & Mountain/Garden Views - Lahaina Only

Island Views - Napili Only

6. Carlsbadguy

Sorry, the wrong month it is May. I had an exchange to a studio in the original section for April and then declined the exchange and this just came up today. I traded the 1 bedroom part of my Summit Watch Silver Season.

7. icydog

Wow, that’s a nice trade!

I traded a three bedroom, Silver week, at Marriott's Surf Watch— for a two bedroom Ocean View at Lahani and Nepali Towers. I found the view at Marriott.com in my reservation list.

I was sooooo happy to get the exact week I needed. I had a MVCI Destination Points reservation that I was able to cancel.. but thinking about it the week cost me the maintenance fees for Surfwatch $1556, and exchange fees $300, plus Insurance and Eplus and the week actually cost me ~$2000. Still a bargain. And those Insurance and Eplus charges were self-inflicted.

I just looked it up. The same week would’ve been 6650 DC points @ $00.60 per point—— those points would have cost me $3990. So I still saved ~ $2000.00 by making this exchange!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  8. Carlsbadguy

My week is enrolled and only worth 1400 points for the entire week. Since enrolled, no charge for lock off and exchange so only cost half my yearly maintenance fee around $800. I also have a Kauai Beach Club 1 bedroom Ocean front which is worth 3375 points. Originally I was going to elect points for next years units for both resorts and I figured I could get about 9 days total in an oceanview 1 bedroom in Kauai and studio in Maui, so this works out much better for much less money. I wound up renting my Kauai week for a little more than mtc fees.

9. icydog

I have some enrolled weeks but I normally turn them in for DC points.

I’ve only exchanged my Gold Oceana Palms for a Platinum Oceana Palms week. To me that was an excellent exchange because I love that resort.
    I was able to exchange that Gold Oceana week for the week before my platinum Owner week. That way I was able to stay two weeks, in February, when it’s freezing in NJ.

10. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

2 very good trades into MOC II!!

11. dougp26364

dougp26364 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Most of the time I’ve found good exchanges aren’t nearly as difficult as we assume. I was always told Vegas was overbuilt (it is) and that it doesn’t trade well (that’s wrong). Sure sometimes we don’t get what we want but I believe that happens less often than we believe and sometimes because the exchanger puts to many limitations on what they except (only one week, one resort, one specific check in day et...... )

jhac007 likes this.
  12. icydog

Funny because that’s EXACTLY what I did. I put in one date and one Resort. And I only had the OGS on for two days. I almost fell over when I got the notice that my exchange came through. As I mentioned earlier, I had the older section reserved for those nights and and my son had already purchased airfare for his family. I’ve never had this happen before and I doubt it will happen again.