• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Banyan Vacation Club

JAbbott

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lawai Beach Resort, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian
Any owners on here who can comment on how hard it is to get a week Feb/March? I understand there are only 19 units in the timeshare pool. Looking at a couple of resales that are available, in particular 2 bedrooms. Any other comments?

Thanks

BoBird1314

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there the last weekend of February to the first weekend in March in 2017. I signed up the first day possible to sign up -- which is either 364 or 365 days ahead. I noticed that things had filled up pretty fast -- if memory serves me correctly, two bedroom units were only available for three weeks at that time. Things fill up there much faster than at the other Hawaii timeshare that I own -- Paniolo Greens on the Big Island. I also stayed at Maui Banyan in early December 2017 with my daughters. Again, because that was in the high season, I signed up the first day I was able to sign up for the week I wanted. I have also reserved a week beginning the day after Thanksgiving this year. Again, I signed up the first day I could and at least one of the early weeks of November was already all reserved by that time. My usage year is September 1st to August 31st and the first year I owned usage came with the purchase price and the only usage still available by the time escrow closed was in August, which was over nine months in advance. Since my job does not allow me to take time off in August, I traded the week through Interval International and was able (after much searching) to trade it for a week of usage at the Shell Vacation Club portion of Mauna Loa Village on the Big Island (good trade).
I like the resort a lot, but have gotten one of the better units for each of our visits -- a southeast facing unit on the third floor of the P building with a view of the volcano down to the ocean. Soliel Management contracts with Aston for check-in and check-out services for their units at the resort and one of the Aston employees at the front desk indicated during my second visit that although the interiors of all the Soliel Management units are identical, Aston gives first priority to Maui Banyan Vacation Club owners over trades for the best located units within the resort. The resort is in a great location -- across from a nice swimable beach with excellent sunsets and lots of businesses, activities, and places to eat within easy walking distance. I left two extensive reviews on the TUG Web site if you want my detailed thoughts.