• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui and a Molokai Trip

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I was laughing while reading your post (until Charlie). I have a niece that is the same way. Definitely a carnivore but that chicken, steak and pork chops had all better be boneless. She also says, I don't want to think about it!

Yes! It's crazy, and I know it, but it's real for me. And it's not a huge deal, really, considering I've lived with it all my adult life. If presented with something with bones in it, I'll quietly cut the meat off the bone and eat it with a fork. It's not usually a problem. Well, there was that time on that Sunset Dinner Cruise on that fancy boat off Waikiki that served Surf & Turf. Totally fancy dealio, with a wonderful setting. I'm expecting a nice big steak (which I'm fine with), and a lobster tail. (I can do that if I don't think about it too much.) They brought out our dinner, and placed this huge tray in front of me, with a big, shiny, silver dome cover over it. With great fanfare, the waiter whipped off that dome...

And there, on the plate, surrounded by little ruffles of lettuce and a caper or two, was a small steak and a HUGE lobster - antenna and all. I was shocked. I hadn't expected it to be that, um, "complete."

I decided I had no choice but to deal with it. And I did, but the meal was kind of a blur. I was told I handled it perfectly, broke off the tail, took out the meat, and acted like everything was normal. It was an expensive meal, and I won't ever admit to anyone (except you Tug folks - you won't tell anybody, I'm sure ;)), that I didn't taste any bit of it. Yes, I ate every bite, but I don't remember tasting anything.

Is that ridiculous, or what? Give me a burger, or something boneless, and I'll tuck right into it and enjoy every bite. But make me remember that Bambi or Bossy or Nemo was a real critter, especially with eyes looking back at me in rude judgment, and I have issues. Man, I sound like such a wimp! LOL! Oh well, it's my issue, as I said.

Let's all go to dinner - to someplace that serves a nice casserole. Or a good hot-dish, for you northern midwesterners. :D

Dave

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My wife shakes her head every time I order a whole fish like that but it’s not common in most places I usually frequent and it’s usually very good. I know I don’t think too much about it. It was nice that they did offer the option here. I know a lot of places won’t alter the way the make it so choice is good and it’s no big deal.

Everybody has there own things to deal with. At least you found a way to deal with it.

cbod

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now we just found out my daughter accepted a new position in Denver. So she will be moving from Florida to Denver while we’re on our trip. Sounds like she found an apartment in Downtown Denver close to her new job. Well at least we won’t have to hear how nice the weather is compared to Wisconsin anymore.:)

I also just got a call from Lyle, he stores our totes on Kauai. We asked if he could ship them over to Molokai while we’re there. Sounds good , he will ship them Young Brothers and we’ll just have to go pick them up. So my wife will be happy to have all her things that make the place feel like home.
We have three weeks on Kauai every year and would love to know more about storing totes with Lyle. Logistics, cost etc. Thanks!

amluckau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club fixed week/unit, Marriott Pts, Welk Pts, Diamond Resorts Pts
An entertaining blog. Thanks slip/Jeff.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We have three weeks on Kauai every year and would love to know more about storing totes with Lyle. Logistics, cost etc. Thanks!

Yes, I’ll send you a PM. Where do you own on Kauai?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
An entertaining blog. Thanks slip/Jeff.

Thanks, I’ll have another one in May. We plan on a visit to Kalaupapa, the leper colony and we want to try to do the hike in the Halawa valley. That’s if my wife’s hip is up to it. It’s my wife’s birthday during that trip and she definitely wants to have her birthday dinner at Hiro’s at the Hotel Molokai.

Last edited:

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the route they decided to take. I have been doing all the driving so I don’t think they are up for driving that road. :)
We drove ourselves on the road to Hana and spent one extremely humid night in a condo in Hana. (We enjoyed the freedom to do things at our own pace.
I will never do the road to Hana again! Fly me into the Hana airport if I have to be there! (Great lava tube to explore near the airport and gardens.)

We decided that we will stick strictly to our weeks at the Pono Kai Resort on Kaua’i from now on, and make overnight trips to the other islands if neededed,but this is the last year for our visit to the Islands due to financial reasons and trying to save for an out of state move, so all of our Pono Kai weeks will be up for rent for 2020 on,until we get moved and settled.
Never was a fan of Maui, considering my fibromyalgia seems to always go into a flare when I’m only on Maui!
I’ll take Kapa’a/Pono Kai any day over any other resort on Kaua’i!
Used to love Oahu back in the 1980’s when things were simpler and I was much younger!
Amazing how all the islands have changed over the years!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stopped at the property Manager today. We let her know what we’ve been doing and what we brought. We did tell her we want to go ahead and put in a new Lanai door and a new window next to it. The one we have is original. It still functions fine but a new one will be easier for my wife to operate.

No luck on a sofa and chair yet. We never made it to the store. I stopped by Young Brothers and picked up our two totes from Kauai. Only $56 to ship them. I was very happy with that and my wife is thrilled to have all our things here. I was happy that I was able to fit them both in the car. We have a four door Yaris. :)

Then we went to Righteous Tattoo for a couple hours. Awesome guy so we made a new friend. After that I was hungry so we just stopped at Molokai Burger. First time I was there. Good burgers and they have a pretty good menu so more than just burgers.

After that I took my wife east past WaveCrest. Here’s a short video. Sun was out nice today but it was a little windy.

Opps, I have to load the video first it will take me a minute. :)

Here we go.

Should of took my suggestion of purchasing the Sactional Pieces from LoveSac! You would never have to replace your furniture ever again, just buy the washable slipcovers for a change in decor! The Sactionals are guaranteed for life, and can be configured in many ways! Well worth the price, especially when there are sales going on! I swear by them for my own home!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ll today my wife is going to the acupuncture lady here. She’s trying to find some relief for her hip. Then we have to grab a few things at the grocery.

My property manager sent over a guy to measure the lanai door and the window to the side of the door. They are placing an order so we are able to add ours on to that. We decided to go ahead and change out the windows in the bedroom too. We’ll just get it all done at once. All these are original. They are still functional but are showing their age.

We have plantation shutters in the bedroom that my wife loves so she was happy to hear they can stay with the new windows.

View attachment 10192

My wife did decide on a sofa so she just has to decide on a chair. Those are the big hitter items we knew we would do. They are all cheaper than I though so we
decided to just go ahead with them. The rest will be small things we’ll get done.
When you get back home, Have your wife look into a Physical Therapist that is trained in Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy (specifically that studied the Simons and Travell method...run if they didn’t!), and get Dry Needling done in the Trigger Points for her hip! I swear by it now that I’ve had it done several times this month in my lower shoulder blade area for my Osteoarthritis in my right shoulder and the pain the trigger point was causing in the shoulder, right arm and numbness down into my fingers!
It’s the best thing I’ve done for pain so far and has been unbelievably great! 6 more sessions to go this month!
Seriously, check it out and ask the PT’s training before going to them! Must be trained in the Simons and Travell method or she could end up with more damage than good! (Email me for the website for tons more information on this!)

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jeff, Thank You for your wonderful recap of your whole trip! Sounds like your wife definitely approves of your choice of Condo that you purchased on Molokai!
So glad the acupuncture helped her out so quickly! (Please take into account my suggestion for her to see a PT with Myofascial Trigger Point and Dry Needling training when at WI home!)

Can’t wait for your next episode in May! (Too bad we will just miss running into you on one of the islands!...Someday again!)

Glad you two made it home safely and feel free to email me anytime with new updates, especially how your daughter is handling Denver!
Don’t work too hard now that you are back to the “cold” home!

Take it easy....love the new tattoo!
-Cathy

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, Thank You for your wonderful recap of your whole trip! Sounds like your wife definitely approves of your choice of Condo that you purchased on Molokai!
So glad the acupuncture helped her out so quickly! (Please take into account my suggestion for her to see a PT with Myofascial Trigger Point and Dry Needling training when at WI home!)

Can’t wait for your next episode in May! (Too bad we will just miss running into you on one of the islands!...Someday again!)

Glad you two made it home safely and feel free to email me anytime with new updates, especially how your daughter is handling Denver!
Don’t work too hard now that you are back to the “cold” home!

Take it easy....love the new tattoo!
-Cathy

Thanks, I sent you an email. Next time we are on the islands together, we need to go to dinner or lunch. My wife told me last night that she wants to go for a week over Labor Day. I already had that week off and we have plenty of miles so three trips this year. :thumbup:

So 81 days to our May trip and 200 until the Labor Day trip. :)

Last edited:

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I sent you an email. Next time we are on the islands together, we need to go to dinner or lunch. My wife told me last night that she wants to go for a week over Labor Day. I already had that week off and we have plenty of miles so three trips this year. :thumbup:

So 81 days to our May trip and 200 until the Labor Day trip. :)

We most likely will be in Michigan for Labor Day, due to a wedding on the following Saturday.
Our May trip to Pono Kai (our Pacific Fantasy unit) will be the last trip until we can move in a couple of years!
I’ll check my email!
Yes, definitely would love to meet up if we are at Pono Kai at the same time in the future!
Thanks for all you have done for me so far!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The new furniture came in from Maui last week and my property manager took some pictures for us. Even some of the new Lanai furniture. It made a big difference getting that entertainment enter out of there. It looks so open. My wife loves it and we all know that’s the only thing that matters!!:)
79419266-0E33-41E8-B8F1-39E1BB8C623D.jpeg

FA98C9EF-FE89-47C2-B6FE-26AF29E262A0.jpeg

D055F129-9AD0-4CE5-9148-141BE07C335A.jpeg

taffy19

Reaction score
The new furniture came in from Maui last week and my property manager took some pictures for us. Even some of the new Lanai furniture. It made a big difference getting that entertainment enter out of there. It looks so open. My wife loves it and we all know that’s the only thing that matters!!:)
Jeff, it looks really nice and not cluttered at all anymore. The Lanai looks great also.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Looking good!

Dave

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Looks great!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone, my wife appreciates it because we all know I didn’t choose any of it. :)

Now we are waiting to see if the new lanai door and the windows show up. We hope to get them installed before our next trip. We’ll see, only 67 more days!