TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Maui and a Molokai Trip

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by slip, Jan 13, 2019.

1. slip

slip TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Pono Kai, 20 wks: Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
    image.jpg

Beautiful sunny morning. Perfect day to enjoy the lanai and soak up some sun.

We did quite a few small projects yesterday. Today we will go in and talk to the property manager and check out the furniture store. My wife says new couch and chair so we’ll see what they have.

Probably some lunch in Kaunakakai and a stop at the tattoo shop. Probably steaks on the grill tonight. I’ll post more pictures tonight.

Xan likes this.
  2. slip

Resorts Owned:
    We stopped at the property Manager today. We let her know what we’ve been doing and what we brought. We did tell her we want to go ahead and put in a new Lanai door and a new window next to it. The one we have is original. It still functions fine but a new one will be easier for my wife to operate.

No luck on a sofa and chair yet. We never made it to the store. I stopped by Young Brothers and picked up our two totes from Kauai. Only $56 to ship them. I was very happy with that and my wife is thrilled to have all our things here. I was happy that I was able to fit them both in the car. We have a four door Yaris. :)

Then we went to Righteous Tattoo for a couple hours. Awesome guy so we made a new friend. After that I was hungry so we just stopped at Molokai Burger. First time I was there. Good burgers and they have a pretty good menu so more than just burgers.

After that I took my wife east past WaveCrest. Here’s a short video. Sun was out nice today but it was a little windy.

Opps, I have to load the video first it will take me a minute. :)

Here we go.

Xan and klpca like this.
  3. lockewong

lockewong TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, HGVC Sea World, Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
    The fish is perfect there.

slip likes this.
  4. lockewong

lockewong TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, HGVC Sea World, Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
    Thank you. He told me about it.

slip likes this.
  5. barefootnAR

barefootnAR Guest

Can't believe your week is over and you guys are enjoying the new condo on Molokai.Have fun in your new digs. Sorry our paths didn't cross. MY 25 yr old niece had me on the go..Haleakala, Hana, Helicopter, Lanai and many eats and lots of hikes. Did you get a unit map of the complex so you will know which two BR fits best for ya'll. Only the Third floor of the B building has the loft Masters. I even chose to stay down stairs and my guest went upstairs. Those are rather steep stairs.
    The fish was amazing.. she did an expert job.

Xan and slip like this.
  6. slip

Resorts Owned:
    I’m sorry too. I stopped over and knocked a couple times but figured you were out and about. We’ll be back and hope to meet then. No, I didn’t get a unit map, I wish I had. We did the same as you. Our guest stayed upstairs. It was easier for them than my wife so it worked fine.

We took it easy so the week was nice. We’re even doing less here. If that’s possible. :)

7. slip

Resorts Owned:
    38250B6E-744A-4822-9D32-59EB7751DF6F.jpeg

It’s a little overcast this morning, can’t even see Maui. Still a nice 72 degrees though.

99098534-DE4E-4EEE-8734-407FD7F81C72.jpeg

Can still see Lanai and some whales jumping.

Xan, taffy19 and DeniseM like this.
  8. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Is that view from you condo?

slip likes this.
  9. slip

Resorts Owned:
    No this is from the cabana by the pool. Lots of people come here in the morning to whale watch. They have been breaching all morning. Just starting to slow down now.

We’ve been meetings a couple other owners and some renters who have been coming to winter her for over 20 years.

Xan, taffy19 and canesfan like this.
  10. slip

Resorts Owned:
    The Cabana and pool area was one of the reasons we loved the resort. We’re going to spend a lot of time here. It’s nice to meet and talk to people. Then if we want we can still see whales from our lanai if we want to stay in. Here’s some pictures of the pool cabana area.

26C5C04C-B273-4100-A139-535791664232.jpeg
    4A9E8D5D-E6CB-4F57-86E8-18AFD7026429.jpeg
    5E624F65-C0AD-48BA-92D4-897C0420D7D3.jpeg
    F4B8F007-0274-4B2C-9868-7255AD977219.jpeg

Xan, taffy19, SandyPGravel and 3 others like this.
  11. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Jeff - the pool area is lovely! I know you are going to enjoy your new condo!

taffy19, Tucsonadventurer and slip like this.
  12. slip

Resorts Owned:
    Everyone I have meet so far have been coming for over 20 years. Most are renters that rent 4 to 8 weeks.

Sounds like February is owners month. Many owners come from all over and spend one ir two months beginning in February.

Whales were very active this morning. They were flapping and breaching up until we left at 11:45am.

My wife is having a hard time straightening out the place the way she wants it. We have too many things that we have to get out of here so we have more space. First thing is the big hutch.

AA1F46FC-2024-4951-9D3D-375FFA2A2624.jpeg

Xan likes this.
  13. slip

Resorts Owned:
    22795505-8879-4BB7-8875-19F2C0D63D79.jpeg CB9AA673-33D7-4A0A-A01C-0FCA13040068.jpeg Another job done for today. I got the owners storage closet all cleaned out and put one of our totes in there. I already replaced the lock one Monday. So now all I have to do is haul the four garbage bags down to the dumpster.

My realtor stopped by to meet my wife. She had to stop over to another unit. We’re going to take a look it’s a two bedroom and they don’t come for sale that often. Sounds like they are remodeling most of it.

Xan likes this.
  14. slip

Resorts Owned:
    Mickey our realtor had to head back to Kaunakakai so we headed out to Goodz and Grindz for lunch. We brought it back and enjoyed it on the lanai. We had Fried Rice with Spam and Bacon, Pork Eggrolls, Cish and Chips and Chicken Katsu. It’s a nice little hole in the wall place 4 miles up the road.

BE92F112-AB07-45C0-9B92-72FDEA8AF6C9.jpeg
    592EED12-7E92-4F97-961C-33E437544D62.jpeg

B3FEC58D-D016-41E4-89EB-48498E918DA5.jpeg

Xan likes this.
  15. slip

Resorts Owned:
    Now that we rearranged everything and emptied the totes we have two pair of binoculars. We can see some buildings over on Maui with the binoculars.

It talking with the regulars here this morning, I found out that right in front of the A building, that’s the oceanfront one, there is a fish pond. You can see the gate to the west of the property. They said it’s dry shallow in front and it’s only waist deep way out there where the waves break past the reef. Sounds like the fishing is good right by the cabana.

There are also supposed to be a couple of holes out there before the break where the water is about 25 feet deep and there are a bunch of turtles, Manta Rays and a bunch of other fish there.

The first morning we were here we saw one kayak out in the water but none since. I found out that kayaker is another regular here and he went out to spread his wife’s ashes. They had been coming here for over 40 years.

16. barefootnAR

barefootnAR Guest

Your place is delightful..hope you can get settled in soon so you can just relax and enjoy. You have found some good gindz around there..yum yum.

slip likes this.
  17. slip

Resorts Owned:
    I think my wife heard you because she fell asleep in the recliner after lunch. :)I’m still on the lanai. I’ll probably be napping in in a little bit. :)

We’re getting things situated a little at a time.

Xan and taffy19 like this.
  18. slip

Resorts Owned:
    CD6D5D62-3A68-4165-A78F-477CC53A8FF1.jpeg

A little rain, a little rainbow.

Xan, DeniseM, DaveNW and 1 other person like this.
  19. barefootnAR

barefootnAR Guest

Rained in Kihei off and on. NW Maui got more rain than we did. Our 2:30 Whale watch trip was cancelled. Did you get a lot of rain over there. From the West side it looked like you guys got a lot.

slip likes this.
  20. slip

Resorts Owned:
    On and off most of the day. The rain was more of a mist most of the time. We stayed on the east side all day so We don’t know about the west side. That’s the drier side.

21. slip

Resorts Owned:
    My wife cleaned out the linen closet in the bathroom already this morning. That only leaves the closet in the hallway to go through. She went through the kitchen cabinets earlier in the week. We should have brought more large garbage bags. :)

I have to make a few reservations for my Pono Kai weeks. I can’t believe all my one bedrooms for 2020 are rented out already. That’s a new record, it’s not even February yet. :thumbup:

We may head over to the west side today to check out a couple beaches my wife hasn’t seen yet. I’ll post some video and pictures later.

Xan and DaveNW like this.
  22. slip

Resorts Owned:
    The purge continued, we had to do laundry anyway. I think k we are finally done going through everything. So after the laundry, off to the west side.

Xan likes this.
  23. chellej

chellej TUG Member

Jeff

Could you post or message me the info on the glass blowing class? DS is getting married on oahu in April and we are sending them to Maui and kauai for honeymoon...I think the glass blowing class would be a wonderful wedding Gift.

Your wifes fish is beautiful

slip likes this.
  24. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    I'm not Jeff but here it is: https://www.moanaglass.com

chellej and slip like this.
  25. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

Thanks to both of you for mentioning Fabiani's! We'd planned on having noodles (I think called chow fun) at Blue Moon Cafe after our annual trek from Kaanapali to the outlet shop in Kihei. But they close between lunch and dinner and I remembered the talk of Fabiani's. I started with minestrone and had the fabulous meat lasagna and Cliff had chicken fettuccine. We had tiramisu and turtle cheesecake for dessert. Cliff took home a portion of his tiramisu so in order that he did not have to share that with me tomorrow, I made the supreme sacrifice and bought another turtle to go! Sorry Blue Moon, you have been permanently replaced with Fabiani's when we go to Kihei.

Luanne and slip like this.