• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui and a Molokai Trip

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Even though I don't remember the name that was NOT the name when we went there. We'll be in Kiehi in March. I'll check then. Maybe it's the same clinic with a different name now.

Might have changed names. MINIT Medical is at the intersection of South Kihei Rd and Lipoa Street across Kihei Rd from Times Supermarket.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Might have changed names. MINIT Medical is at the intersection of South Kihei Rd and Lipoa Street across Kihei Rd from Times Supermarket.
Sounds very possible. I thought it was Kihei Physicians, but there doesn't seem to be a clinic under that name any more.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Finally packed, besides a few personal items in the morning. Dog is at the sitters and the kids are ready to check in the cat. Things are looking up, even my wife is feeling a little better.

It’s supposed to snow a little over night Friday so i’m Going to leave work a little earlier than I had planned but otherwise We’re ready. :thumbup:

barefootnAR

Reaction score
Finally packed, besides a few personal items in the morning. Dog is at the sitters and the kids are ready to check in the cat. Things are looking up, even my wife is feeling a little better.

It’s supposed to snow a little over night Friday so i’m Going to leave work a little earlier than I had planned but otherwise We’re ready. :thumbup:
Glad the wife is feeling better and that you guys will get out before any bad weather.
I'll be headed to the airport in a couple of hours. I'll be ready to rest my traveling bones at the Schooner tonight. See ya'll there..
Susan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Yep, see you there. Snow is supposed to start tonight and be done early morning. We leave at 9am. So hopefully the large amounts stay south and we won’t have any delays. I’m going to leave work a little earlier than I planned so hopefully I miss driving in it.

Reactions: Xan

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
:wave:Remember to pick up on the way to DCRA. 3 to 5 inches of snow, we'll have the driveway cleared. :D

JK, Have a blast glad DW is feeling better. Sunshine and tropical breezes will help too.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
:wave:Remember to pick up on the way to DCRA. 3 to 5 inches of snow, we'll have the driveway cleared. :D

JK, Have a blast glad DW is feeling better. Sunshine and tropical breezes will help too.

That’s why I was leaving work a little earlier. :)

I’m just glad it’s Finally Aloha Friday!!
2FE7336F-85DC-4A08-98AB-C5A841C03047.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just about done with work. I was able to stop by the bank and break some $100 bills into smaller bills. I’m all packed and my wife is almost ready. So when I get home, I’ll just have to throw the suitcases in the car and we’re off. :thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Have a great trip! Looking forward to your wife’s reaction to seeing the condo for the first time. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Made it to Madison. Glad I left early the roads are starting to get bad. There’s a Bar and Grill her at the hotel so we’re staying in tonight. Winter storm watch until 6am so hopefully Everything will be fine in the morning by 9am.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Made it to Madison. Glad I left early the roads are starting to get bad. There’s a Bar and Grill her at the hotel so we’re staying in tonight. Winter storm watch until 6am so hopefully Everything will be fine in the morning by 9am.

Slow and steady, friend. Drive safe. Think of how awesome that first maitai will taste. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Slow and steady, friend. Drive safe. Think of how awesome that first maitai will taste. :)

Dave

I’m glad I’m done driving until Maui. No snow there where we’re at. :)
The plane we’re taking is coming from Chicago in two hours. It still says it’s on schedule so I’ll keep watching that. If that makes it tonight we should be good for tomorrow morning. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our plane made it from Chicago last night and the app shows where still on schedule so those are good signs. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quick stop in Denver, now off to LA where we came relax and grab a bite to eat before our last leg to Maui. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we were boarding in Madison they said we should be 15 minutes early. Which would have been great because we only had 35 minutes in Denver. Well because it took so long to De-ice the plane we were 35 minutes late. But then we landed in Denver on time. Go figure. :shrug:

We Made it to our gate after a quick restroom stop just in time to board. Now we can relax, I knew that would be a close one. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Made it to the Club to grab a bite to eat and relax. So far everything has went well.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Alright, Last leg, off to Maui. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got back from the Kihei Cafe. Loooong line but it went fast. Good food! We’re in B305 nice ocean view. I’ll post pictures of the unit later.

B24EC593-B6B4-4955-85E8-513686A34E48.jpeg

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Just got back from the Kihei Cafe. Loooong line but it went fast. Good food! We’re in B305 nice ocean view. I’ll post pictures of the unit later.

View attachment 10005
Nice view.

In all of our years of staying in Kihei we've still never made it to the Kihei Cafe. The long lines have deterred us, and we usually eat breakfast in. If we do eat out we walk down to Fred's and use a coupon to get one breakfast free. :)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Kihei Cafe is our favorite breakfast place in all of Hawaii.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Kihei Cafe is our favorite breakfast place in all of Hawaii.
We'll have to brave the lines and try it when we're there in March.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We'll have to brave the lines and try it when we're there in March.

Yes, the line was very looong but it really did move fast. After you order you get your food really quick. It doesn’t seem like it but they have a system and it does work. It’s amazing how much food they serve there.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Yes, the line was very looong but it really did move fast. After you order you get your food really quick. It doesn’t seem like it but they have a system and it does work. It’s amazing how much food they serve there.
We rarely eat breakfast out. Our normal morning routine is, get up early, walk down to get coffee (there is a little coffee shack in the same center at Cafe O'Lei) then amble back to the condo for breakfast. After breakfast we go to the beach and many mornings we are there by 9:00 a.m. Fred's is on our morning route so we will stop there sometimes. To get in the car, drive to breakfast, wait, drive back would eat into our morning beach time. :)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We walk to Kihei Cafe from the Worldmark. It use to be and I assume still is Cash only. Their Loco Moco is huge.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We walk to Kihei Cafe from the Worldmark. It use to be and I assume still is Cash only. Their Loco Moco is huge.

Yes, still cash only and the loco moco is huge. I had the fried rice with Portuguese sausage. That was big too.

We’re going to Coconuts for diner tonight. We stopped at that out door market on South Kihei road and went shopping at the Safeway. Took it pretty easy today. One of our guests has a terrible cough and my wife is slow but still getting around OK. We’ll come back here and watch the sun set tonight on the beach.

C75C44D9-7DC5-476D-B10A-B3B2CA50861C.jpeg

Tomorrow we’ll head to Lahaina. My wife signed up so a glass blowing class. She’s going to make a fish. We’ll walk Front street before and after her class. Then some dinner up there.

We bought some steaks and Char Siu Chicken for the BBQ for a couple other meals.

Last edited: