• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui and a Molokai Trip

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Wow, it’s always busier at work just before vacation but it’s been crazy. I only work a half a day on Friday so we’re just about there. My wife has Friday off and so do our friends that are going to Maui with us. When I get out of work on Friday we’ll head to Madison to our park and fly hotel. We leave Saturday morning at 9.

We have been busy at home too getting things ready for the trip. We had problems getting our dog into the groomer but they had a cancellation so she is all clean and ready to go. A friend of mine at work watches her while we’re gone. I give her RCI exchanges and she has gone to a lot of great places with her friends, so she is happy. She got a two bedroom in Banff, Canada for this June so she’s real happy. She’s gotten really good at watching RCI.

We have a couple kids in the neighborhood that come over and take care of the cat. They are going to Kauai in April.

My wife is finally retiring her Large Hawaii themed piece of luggage. It’s going to make one more trip though. She is filling it up with things for the condo and when we get there it’s going in the dumpster. The new one arrived yesterday and she started packing today. I started packing today also so I don’t have to rush on Friday.

I’ve been busy with the condo too. We bought some items and had them shipped them to my property manager. We had a new tv installed and I was dealing with cable and internet over the phone. I did upgrades to both of those and that has helped with renting. It’s already rented more than I had hoped it would rent in a full year so that surprised me. When my wife retires in about three years we may forgo the rentals but we’ll see.

Right now we have a few places picked out to eat and we will be showing our friends around Maui. They are doing a road to Hana tour on the Wednesday we are there. I have a few friends that I have made through my condo search and some rentals that I have to stop and have a drink with. Then a friend I work with will be on Maui the same week so we are meeting them somewhere in Ka’anapali.

It’s our first time staying at a two bedroom at the Maui Schooner. My wife will make a video of that because we will rent that out some years.

We’ll be busy but we’ll leave some open time to relax. Molokai will be all time for my wife to go through the condo and decide what she wants to do. Plus explore more of the island.

I’ll use this thread to post my corny videos and pictures if you want to follow along. Sounds like we may even meet another Tugger on this trip.

It’s been five years since we have been on Maui so there’s a lot of new things to see and do. Below is the view from the Maui Schooner the last time we were there.

9D1BE1FB-C337-4954-B958-8D0AB00A7442.jpeg

And here’s the view from our Molokai Condo.

A9B868FF-D342-4329-B080-793B818733F6.jpeg

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Have a great trip. Be sure to pass along any finds in Kihel, and elsewhere on Maui. We'll be back in March and would love to try some new places.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Have a great trip. Be sure to pass along any finds in Kihel, and elsewhere on Maui. We'll be back in March and would love to try some new places.

It will only be a week so we may not hit things you haven’t already. I know we want to try 3’s in Kihei and Star Noodle when we’re near Ka’anapali.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
It will only be a week so we may not hit things you haven’t already. I know we want to try 3’s in Kihei and Star Noodle when we’re near Ka’anapali.
I can't remember if I mentioned Fabiani's to you. It's right on the border of Kihei/Wailea. No atmosphere, but great Italian food. We usually eat there several times. It's in the same center as Monkey Pod. We are huge fans of Italian food, so this place might appeal to us more than it would to you. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can't remember if I mentioned Fabiani's to you. It's right on the border of Kihei/Wailea. No atmosphere, but great Italian food. We usually eat there several times. It's in the same center as Monkey Pod. We are huge fans of Italian food, so this place might appeal to us more than it would to you. :)

I don’t remember that one. We do love Italian so it may work. It would be good for going into Wailea.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now we just found out my daughter accepted a new position in Denver. So she will be moving from Florida to Denver while we’re on our trip. Sounds like she found an apartment in Downtown Denver close to her new job. Well at least we won’t have to hear how nice the weather is compared to Wisconsin anymore.:)

I also just got a call from Lyle, he stores our totes on Kauai. We asked if he could ship them over to Molokai while we’re there. Sounds good , he will ship them Young Brothers and we’ll just have to go pick them up. So my wife will be happy to have all her things that make the place feel like home.

taffy19

Reaction score
Have a great trip to Maui and Molokai. I will follow your thread and your photos too.

We like the 3’s in the bar inside. Food was good and service was great while it was very busy. We enjoy the terrace too when we like the live music that is playing but it is even busier yet so we ended up inside twice last year.

Other years we would walk out and try to find another place to eat. There is enough choice in Kihei too but it was busy everywhere. Maui is popular!

I wonder how different Molokai will be for eating out? You have a nice kitchen so you can make dinners at home. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have a great trip to Maui and Molokai. I will follow your thread and your photos too.

We like the 3’s in the bar inside. Food was good and service was great while it was very busy. We enjoy the terrace too when we like the live music that is playing but it is even busier yet so we ended up inside twice last year.

Other years we would walk out and try to find another place to eat. There is enough choice in Kihei too but it was busy everywhere. Maui is popular!

I wonder how different Molokai will be for eating out? You have a nice kitchen so you can make dinners at home. :)

Maui was popular when we were there 5 years ago and we went in November and December so we know it will be more crowded this trip. Thanks to TUG we have a long list so we’ll be flexible if places are crowded.

On Molokai we will be cooking in but we know we will go out to Molokai Pizza the first night just because it’s open later. Then we will be going to Hiro’s Ohana Grill at Hotel Molokai and Paddlers. Then we’ll do a couple of different places for take out that we will take back to our lanai. I saved a few of these places for when my wife would be with me so it will be both of our first time for some of these places. That will be nice.

Saturday will be fun, It will be first time my wife is seeing the condo. She’s excited and had to wait about six months for this day and she is ready. She even said she would drive some when we get to Molokai. In all our trips in over ten years, she has never driven once. She always said she would drive when we got a place and now she’s looking forward to driving too.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’ll my wife had to miss work today. She thought she was having problems with kidney stones again. She went into the doctor and she has an infection. They gave her some pills and it sounds like she will make it in to work tomorrow.

She only has to work Wednesday and Thursday. She is off on Friday so hopefully she will feel a little better every day. Seems like she has had some issues the week before some of our trips. She has always made it though and its never slowed her down. She always says, if you have to, carry me on the plane because I’m going. And I know it would take a lot to keep her from this trip.

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
Same wish as Lisa that your wife will feel better to enjoy her trip and the new condo. Let us know her reaction.

Aloha!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Her reaction is one of the things I’m looking forward to the most about this trip.

This first trip to the condo has good timing too. We just had a renter in there for 11 days and we have another in there just before we arrive so it will be good to she how the cleaners do. When I looked at it, it was only just starting to be listed as a rental so it was a little dirty from just sitting empty. So my wife should see it in a little better shape than I did. Plus we added new Lanai furniture, large flat screen tv and a new microwave. :)

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I’m following this thread with great interest. Would love to go to Molokai and Lanai some day. Do you have a rental agent for your condo? Is it listed on Tug? (I’ll admit I just now thought to go look there.)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m following this thread with great interest. Would love to go to Molokai and Lanai some day. Do you have a rental agent for your condo? Is it listed on Tug? (I’ll admit I just now thought to go look there.)[/QUOTE

I’ll send a pm.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Getting out of Dodge just in time for our Polar Vortex. I'm jealous!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Getting out of Dodge just in time for our Polar Vortex. I'm jealous!!

Yes, sounds like a little snow Friday into Saturday but we should get out in good time. I see a cold front is going through the islands so it’s supposed to be 80 instead of 82. :)

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Yes, sounds like a little snow Friday into Saturday but we should get out in good time. I see a cold front is going through the islands so it’s supposed to be 80 instead of 82. :)
Only 80, better pack accordingly, some long johns possibly. ;):D

barefootnAR

Reaction score
How exciting to have a place on Molokai and what a view. sorry your wife is under the weather. IF..and hope you don't have an IF she needs a doctor we have used the clinic ..Kihei Wailea Medical clinic .. in the Safeway shopping center, It's not an Urgent care but I've always been impressed how quickly you can make an appointment and I like the doctor I have seen.
The whale boats are posting some great pictures. We are booked with Captain Steve's rafting(see his FB pictures..wow) out of Mala Harbor and we will pick up a few more trips outwith either Blue Water or Redline out of the Kihei Boat Ramp.
See ya'll at the Schooner.
Susan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, hope to see you there. Thank You for the information on the Doctor. Hopefully she won’t need it but it’s good to know where it’s at.

She did make it through work today and feels a little better. So only has to work tomorrow, she has Friday off so I’m hoping she will be good by Saturday.

I have to start packing some more tonight. If I don’t, I’ll probably forget something.

Reactions: Xan

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Yes, hope to see you there. Thank You for the information on the Doctor. Hopefully she won’t need it but it’s good to know where it’s at.
We went to a clinic in Kihei that we liked a lot. It wasn't the one Susan mentioned, I "think" it might have been Kihei Physicians. I know where it is, just can't be sure of the name. Luckily we haven't been there in quite a few years, but for awhile it seemed like one of the family was in there at least once every summer. They had permanent files on us. In fact when we needed to go back in after not being there for a few years, they still had our files.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Luanne, that’s good to know. You don’t always hear good things about doctor services. So it’s great to have two good ones in the area! Plus now that we’re prepared, hopefully we won’t need them.

barefootnAR

Reaction score
We went to a clinic in Kihei that we liked a lot. It wasn't the one Susan mentioned, I "think" it might have been Kihei Physicians. I know where it is, just can't be sure of the name. Luckily we haven't been there in quite a few years, but for awhile it seemed like one of the family was in there at least once every summer. They had permanent files on us. In fact when we needed to go back in after not being there for a few years, they still had our files.
Luanne is that the one across from Times Market in the corner building corner on the first floor? I'm blank too on the name. I used that one years ago(20+) when it was an Urgent care and you had to just go and wait, no appointment given. I know there have been changes there, can you make an appointment now?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Luanne is that the one across from Times Market in the corner building corner on the first floor? I'm blank too on the name. I used that one years ago(20+) when it was an Urgent care and you had to just go and wait, no appointment given. I know there have been changes there, can you make an appointment now?
That sounds like the right location. As I said, luckily we haven't had to use them in years. I don't remember if we were able to make an appointment or had to just go in and wait. If it was wait, I don't remember having to wait a really long time. I was just impressed that they had charts for all of us, and kept them for years.

When we first started using them they may have been one of the few clinics around. I know the Safeway, and the center up there, weren't even built yet. I don't remember if we got the name from Maui Hill (where we own) or found them by ourselves.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

That sounds like the right location. As I said, luckily we haven't had to use them in years. I don't remember if we were able to make an appointment or had to just go in and wait. If it was wait, I don't remember having to wait a really long time. I was just impressed that they had charts for all of us, and kept them for years.

The name is Minit Medical.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
The name is Minit Medical.
Even though I don't remember the name that was NOT the name when we went there. We'll be in Kiehi in March. I'll check then. Maybe it's the same clinic with a different name now.

And if anyone needs a dentist, we found a good one in Kihei. Dh had a sore tooth and decided he needed someone to look at it. Found a dentist who could see him, and she ended up doing a partial root canal that same day. Unfortunately I don't remember her name either.